[Book Spoilers] The Road To Volantis... The Road To Mereen

Varys has fled from KL, how in the world is he supposed to kill Kevan??? I think the show changed that entirely. And I see less and less possibilities for an entrance of Aegon

In the first season Illyrio flitted back and forth without any apparent effort. All it takes is to show him heading towards a harbour, then his next appearance is in the TotH.

In the first season Illyrio flitted back and forth without any apparent effort. All it takes is to show him heading towards a harbour, then his next appearance is in the TotH.

Lol piss on that, last Season Yara managed to sail from Pike to the Dreadfort. That's multiple times the length the distance from Volantis to King's Landing.

Does anyone think we actually may be getting Aegon? They are now stopping to Volantis and from there is the road to Mereen, so that is where he will meet up with Aegon?

OR

The plot will change from Tyrion being captured by Jorah to Varys putting the two of them together.

I don't think we're getting Aegon at all, there's no reason for him to exist at this point, however I do think there was more to the "Road to Volantis, Road to Mereen" line than meets the eye. Interesting also that while Ilyrio is mentioned, we never saw him. That could mean they just didn't want to pay the actor to come back, or could he be waiting in Volantis with something for Dany? After all, show Dany is still have the same problem as book Dany when it comes to controlling the dragons. So even if they are cutting out Vic and Euron, they still need to figure out a way of introducing some way to bind the dragons to her will.

Varys has fled from KL, how in the world is he supposed to kill Kevan??? I think the show changed that entirely. And I see less and less possibilities for an entrance of Aegon

Remember Varys knows all the tunnels underneath KL. He could do it, but it would be very risky. I agree with you wrt Aegon.

Anyone here seen Jaimes duck? Waldau brings up a duck in an interview and Calls it a spoiler to bookreaders. This and the sttonemen being introduced is in my book a big point in the direction of Aegon

This reminds me of last year when everyone was speculating and wrecking their brains about if stoneheart would appear or not. Also NCW could be doing the same thing lena heady did last year with her instagram pic if "her stoneheart" and ppl took that as a confirmation of LSH. At this point you just shouldn't get your hopes up at all.

Exactly. And there's not much for Varys to be doing in KL for a good little while, anyway.

I actually liked it when they showed Varys about to return to KL after seeing Tyrion's box heaved up to the ship when he heard the bells toll and realized what Tyrion had done, and how he just turned right around and boarded ship. No going back now.

I can't see any other reason for D&D to have Tyrion and Varys to go to Volantis than for Jorah to kidnap Tyrion. I suppose also for the visuals, but seeing as there's no Griff & Co., Tyrion has to wander off in a brothel somewhere. What I'm wondering is what Varys' reaction to Tyrion's kidnapping will be. I know in the books that Griff just went off to the Golden Company like Tyrion had advised, but what will Varys do? The emphasis on Kevan seems to indicate that the ADwD epilogue is in, but what will Varys do for the other 5 or so episodes of the season? Sneak off to King's Landing and just wait in the rookery for winter to come?

Am I missing something?

My understanding is that there is no road between Pentos and Mereen, so a trip down the Rhoyne to Volantis is necessary to get on the road to Mereen.

Exactly. And there's not much for Varys to be doing in KL for a good little while, anyway.

I actually liked it when they showed Varys about to return to KL after seeing Tyrion's box heaved up to the ship when he heard the bells toll and realized what Tyrion had done, and how he just turned right around and boarded ship. No going back now.

Didn't Varys know already? Hence the "What have you done?" line, before sneaking him out of the Red Keep...

Archived