Dexter

Brude

SPOILER: Episode 5 preview
In the preview #1, it's shown that the algae analysis was done. According to the results, they could have come from three marinas and Deb even remarks that her dad used to keep the family boat at one of them.

Will Dexter have to mess with the evidence again? I hope he will find a new solution, just to make it different from season 1. Also it's harder to mess with the evidence now, as he is not participating in the investigations.

Relic, Michael C. Hall was awesome in the first season and I think he is even better now. He has had more time to study his character and must be more comfortable with the role.

Michael C. Hall was awesome on Six Feet Under for years before Dexter. But I could have never imagined the mild-mannered, homosexual David Fisher being such a convincing sociopath. He manages that dead-in-the-eyes look so unbelievably well.

Also - does Dexter have the best opening credits sequence on Earth, or is that just my opinion?

The opening sequence is a masterpiece. And here is an analysis of it:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2007/10...t_together.html

Favorite part: "It begins with an extreme close-up of a mosquito (like Dexter, a blood-sucking predator). SMACK! Dexter swats it and we rack-focus down his extended forearm and notice his face -- still fuzzy, abstract, in semi-darkness, cheek against the mattress. The hint of a satisfied smile. Another kill, another day. Good morning! Time to rise and shine."

I freaking love this show! I don't know if it's the best show on tv, but it's top 5 without a doubt (as is Spooks, which I'm pumped is on again). Hall is such a wonderful actor, and totally owns the show. I love the mix of humor with the grim subject matter (like when he's looking at the minivan with the "stow-and-go" seating, and he thinks "I could see how that could come in handy.")

And who knew La Guerta was such a manipulative bitch? I thought she was actually getting along with Esme...

Sir Thursday

That was freaking classic! But damn was Esme unstable - "I told you to find a SMELL!!" Crazy!

The opening sequence is a masterpiece.

I like the blood orange and the steak. Brilliant.

The Dark Defender dream sequence was a bit meh, but otherwise another good episode. I really like the writing on this show - they have the sense to let the story unfurl itself slowly, in contrast to so many other shows (I made the mistake of watching an episode of Bionic Woman, just to see, and every scene was about half as long as it would need to be to be convincing). But I do wonder if the writers are going to be able to keep Dexter from being caught without some serious Deus ex machina. There's just too much against him now:

SPOILER:

- video from the docks

- Rita knowing about Paul

- leaving his mother's killer alive tonight

They've pulled off some good twists before though, and in the meantime it's pretty much the only show left that I feel like watching on Sunday nights.

God, after tonight. I'm fricken desperate to know how he gets out of this shit next week. Not even a preview...bastards. Probably the best show on television right now. Loving this shit.

I missed the first season, so some shit I'm filling in just from context clues of this season. But his brother that he didn't know about for a while was also there for the mother's dismemberment in the truck trailer. Apparently he was raised elsewhere and became a serial killer without a 'moral code'.

SPOILER: Dad
So if Dexter's stepdad was fucking Dexter's real mom and was partially the reason she was killed, its apparent that dad (probably) took him on out of some feeling of guilt and obligation. So why didn't he do the same thing with Dexter's brother?

Lets hope I got those spoiler tags right.

If Dexter ever says again he has no emotions, I'm going to get inside the episode just to punch him in the face. I thought he was going to explode when he started beating that guy with the baseball bat.

We'll never know why Harry didn't take Brian, but it was possible that he hoped Dexter was too young to remember any of that and was going to grow up normal. Brian was too messed up. Or Harry could only afford to adopt one kid and chose Dexter.

SPOILER: dad

Harry did know that Brain was already too messed up when he entered that container by the way Brian was acting. Dexter was still crying but Brian was just huddled in a corner staring off quietly. Brian told Dexter this last season and even he knew that Harry wasn't wrong, though he was bitter about it. My dad wondered quickly if perhaps Harry could really be Dexter's father since he was perhaps having an affiar with Dexter's mom. But last season in a flashback, Dexter had to get blood from his real father because of a rare blood type. Dexter later confirmed the match after the father "died", thanks to Brian.

SPOILER: dad
Harry did know that Brain was already too messed up when he entered that container by the way Brian was acting. Dexter was still crying but Brian was just huddled in a corner staring off quietly. Brian told Dexter this last season and even he knew that Harry wasn't wrong, though he was bitter about it.

Brian couldn't have known what Harry was thinking at that moment. He just assumed Harry didn't adopt him because he was too messed up, but he didn't know it.

Another sweet episode.

SPOILER: docks

No way that Dexter erasing that recording goes unnoticed. Not sure what they'll do when they figure it out, but the great thing about this show is they don't let stuff like that drop.

I'm predicting now that Lundy figures out that Dexter's the killer, but Dexter kills him in the season finale. Maybe Dukes, too.

I keep thinking he's going to reveal all to Lila and will have to kill her as a result when she proves to be not as understanding as he thinks. :P

I read some speculative stuff about SK outgrowing their need to kill (and just stopping). I think it would be hard to pull that off to audience satisfaction, though. If that's even their intention.

I thought Doakes was gonna interrupt him during the fire drill. :lol:

As far as Harry and Brian... that's a gaping plot hole as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why Dexter hasn't wondered about this as well, esp. given that he's questioning Harry more and more. Perhaps it's coming up still. In any case, Brian is hardly a credible source as to Harry's motives on taking one but not the other, IMO. Evidently Harry felt guilt for failing to protect Laura after he had promised to protect her and her boys... yet he just leaves one behind for social services? Did he turn away when he saw Dexter was disturbed?

To date, it makes zero sense to me.

Lila is getting a lot of hate because of the last episode and it's very annoying. Maybe I read too much ASoIaF, but I can't get satisfied with neat happy endings and perfect romantic couples anymore. Dexter is a serial killer and no one complains about it, but he cheats on his girl friend and it's like the end of the world. Actually Lila is making Rita a favor, because Rita's relationship with Dexter is a lie. Rita doesn't even know her boy friend and would never accept him if she knew. It's Rita's chance to find herself a decent man, but she'll probably just cry and accept Dexter back. Rita is the perfect girl for Dexter because she will date any trash, even lying cheating serial killers. Most girls would take Dexter's confession of what he did to Paul and his "drug addiction" as a strong hint to dump him, but Rita just offers him her support. It's a tragedy. Whoever didn't like the last episode because the writers are destroying such a sweet couple needs to get a clue.

God, I feel much better now.

SPOILER: Next week's preview
The preview said Lila's secret is worse than Dexter's. What could possibly be worse than being a serial killer? I won't like it if Lila is just another psycho that Dexter is going to kill in the last episode. It's too much like season 1.

SPOILER: Next week's preview
I won't like it if Lila is just another psycho that Dexter is going to kill in the last episode. It's too much like season 1.

I didn't see the preview, but I agree. But I also think Dex is fantasizing about Lila "seeing" him. I think he's convincing himself he can be real with her, and the "BHB is right on" sentiment he's hearing here and there is feeding that. It's a large part of what's drawing him to her and away from Rita, IMO. I suppose they could try to give him a real confidante in Lila without her being a SK, could be a great characterization opp (or really flop as unbelieveable) but my guess is that it's going to come back around to him having to protect himself and be alone (with his secret).

I suppose they could try to give him a real confidante in Lila without her being a SK, could be a great characterization opp (or really flop as unbelieveable) but my guess is that it's going to come back around to him having to protect himself and be alone (with his secret).

I would like it if Dexter finally tells Lila the whole truth, expecting she will be able to understand it, but she just runs away screaming. Lila is always pretending to be the dark mysterious incredibly sexy and sophisticated artist, but when she sees the real thing, she can't handle it. It would be very ironic.

I'm predicting now that Lundy figures out that Dexter's the killer, but Dexter kills him in the season finale. Maybe Dukes, too.

Noooo. Not Doakes. He's my favourite character after Dexter (funny that both are guiltless killers).

Whoelse is gonna supply the motherfucker quota for this show?

As to Dexter letting Lila in on his addiction he's already let dozens in on his secret. All of the others though had very little time to digest the fact after he told them ;)

SPOILER: next weeks preview
sure, Lila said she felt guilty about it, but it doesn't mean she didn't LIKE doing it. the RUSH. While heroin might be her drug of choice, I'm guessing pyromania is her real addiction and like Dexter she has a monster inside her. She instantly gravitated to Dexter, just like Doakes has in a different way. If this is really the case, I'm really looking forward to what will happen when Dexter goes back to Rita. And he will. His whole reason for being with Rita was she was the perfect disguise. The family unit and a broken person. And some place along the way he started to care for them all, particularly the kids. If you've read the books, or watched the Sopranos, you know that's a sticking point with Dexter's kind. Okay, Tony wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as Dearly Devoted Dexter, but you know. ;)
Anyhow, a woman scorned and all that might unleash Lila's dark passenger either toward Dexter or toward Rita and her family.

Archived