College Basketball 2015 - 2016: Wherein we forget that last season ever happened

Rhom

Jeff Goodman says Florida wants:

Chris Mack Xavier

Archie Miller Dayton

Richard Pitino Minn

Steve Prohm Murray State

Michael White La Tech

Switchback, you keep your dirty Gator paws off Coach Prohm!!!!

In all seriousness, I think if like either Mack or Miller for Florida.

Chris Mack Xavier

Archie Miller Dayton

Richard Pitino Minn

Steve Prohm Murray State

Michael White La Tech

Miller makes a lot of sense.

As much as I root for Michael White I still think he's a little ways away from a big time job (for one thing, he needs to actually make the NCAAT one of these years). Of course, I also have a selfish motive for him to stay at La Tech for the time being since he's the no-brainer choice to replace Kennedy at OM whenever that need should arise.

Chris Mack Xavier

Archie Miller Dayton

Richard Pitino Minn

Steve Prohm Murray State

Michael White La Tech

Man, none of those names excite me even a little. Though I suppose that's the problem with a coaching search like this. When Muschamp is canned you have the hope of finding someone better. When a hall of famer leaves, you know whoever you get is going to be an immediate downgrade. Hard to get pumped about that....

Man, none of those names excite me even a little. Though I suppose that's the problem with a coaching search like this. When Muschamp is canned you have the hope of finding someone better. When a hall of famer leaves, you know whoever you get is going to be an immediate downgrade. Hard to get pumped about that....

Who would be your dream scenario?

Izzo's name comes up often enough in job searches that I figure there must be smoke to that fire. Might he be willing to leave for warmer pastures?

Apparently Jaylen Brown is going to announce tonight. Not sure what medium. He has said he's not a national TV guy.

Cal. And not ipari. Bronn certainly has to be excited about their recruiting class this year.

Cal. And not ipari. Bronn certainly has to be excited about their recruiting class this year.

Just saw that myself. Cuonzo has outdone himself. I really liked his coaching job at Tennessee and hated to see the fans not embrace him. Glad to see him doing well.

That said... This means the other Cal has now officially gone oh-fer on the spring. I'm still stunned. I like our team for next year, but this is genuinely stunning when taken on the whole.

ETA: Of course Bronn is likely following the draft tonight, wonder how long it will take him to realize he picked up a second top ten player? :lol:

I was away all weekend and am frankly a bit concerned about this. The last coach who recruited like this at Cal was Todd Bozeman and it turned out he was pretty darned dirty. Don't pine for those days.

That having been said, next year should be exciting. I still think Rabb stays two years but Brown is one and done. Rabb is an Academic All-American and school IS important to him.

Donovan had his farewell presser on Monday. It seems very quiet on the coaching search front. Seems very unusual to me. :dunno:

Calipari had a post on his CoachCal.com page outlining how he does not want to play a platoon system ever again.

I’m happy we were able to make the platoon work for every player this year. Karl is going to be at the front of the draft, Willie is going to be shortly thereafter, I believe Trey and Devin will be in the lottery, and the other three have chances for being in the first round. By this summer we will have had 26 guys in six years drafted, potentially 13 lottery picks and maybe three No. 1 draft picks. Having said that, if you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO. Last season was an absolute outlier. It’s just not the way I like to coach. I would rather play seven or eight guys because I believe that gives us the best chance to win. I think we wrote the book on platooning this year, but I hope we stick it on the shelf and never have to use it again.

There's been a lot of discussion amongst UK fan circles about whether the platoons hurt recruiting this year or not. The fact that Cal felt it necessary to make this commentary tells me that it likely was.

This tweet hurt to read...

Brett Dawson ‎@BDawsonRivals

If you were born the day Rick Pitino left Kentucky for the Celtics, Happy Birthday. You're now old enough to vote. I feel just plain old.

Donovan had his farewell presser on Monday. It seems very quiet on the coaching search front. Seems very unusual to me. :dunno:

Calipari had a post on his CoachCal.com page outlining how he does not want to play a platoon system ever again.

There's been a lot of discussion amongst UK fan circles about whether the platoons hurt recruiting this year or not. The fact that Cal felt it necessary to make this commentary tells me that it likely was.

He's not even pretending to be a college coach anymore. He should just get it over with and go to the NBA.

Now, the question became, why would you have that many players where you felt you had to play everybody? Well, Willie, Alex and the twins decided to come back to be better prepared to chase their dreams. Like any player who says they want to come back, I don’t say, “Great, I love it!” I say, “Tell me why you want to come back,” just as I did with Patrick Patterson and these guys. If you want to come back, why? If the answer is legitimate, and a good answer, I’m like fine, now let’s get after this.

It's funny how UK fans were ripping into Kelly Oubre's Sr. for saying he didn't want his son to go somewhere where they would push him out of school (everybody knew he was talking about Calipari), and then Calipari admits to doing just that.

He's not even pretending to be a college coach anymore. He should just get it over with and go to the NBA.

It's funny how UK fans were ripping into Kelly Oubre's Sr. for saying he didn't want his son to go somewhere where they would push him out of school (everybody knew he was talking about Calipari), and then Calipari admits to doing just that.

He's the ultimate college coach though. His only competitive advantage lies in recruiting. It's like Saban at Alabama.

Parrish, Pat Forde and others reporting that La Tech's Michael White has emerged as the leading candidate at Florida.

Of that list Rhom posted earlier I figured him to be the last one who might actually get the job. If he does, obviously it's great for him. I just wonder about Foley's reasoning in not pursuing a bigger name with a more proven resume. Only thing I can figure is that they're banking on White being the next lightning-in-a-bottle up and comer.

Michigan State commit 5* big Caleb Swanigan has decommitted. Cal is considered a potential landing spot... if so, what is Cuonzo putting in the water out there?!!? :stunned:

(Purdue is listed as the likely favorite as of now though.)

Parrish, Pat Forde and others reporting that La Tech's Michael White has emerged as the leading candidate at Florida.

Of that list Rhom posted earlier I figured him to be the last one who might actually get the job. If he does, obviously it's great for him. I just wonder about Foley's reasoning in not pursuing a bigger name with a more proven resume. Only thing I can figure is that they're banking on White being the next lightning-in-a-bottle up and comer.

I guess so. They hit with Donovan two decades ago. Maybe he thinks they can do it again. :dunno:

I am afraid. Very afraid.

Apparently before he committed to MSU, there was a lot of smoke about a possible package deal between him, Rabb, and Brown. With Cal being one of the likely destinations, so it's likely that now that Brown and Rabb are both there, they're in his ear to come out and play with them.

The Big XII/SEC showdown will move to mid season and be headlined by REG crying in the corner once again.. :crying: :thumbsup:

In all seriousness; Kentucky v Kansas is the headliner, but there are other good games too like Oklahoma v LSU, ISU v aTm, and Florida v WVU.

I don't know how I feel about doing it at mid season. The early season of college basketball is so devoid of marquee match ups now and this move will drain it even further. On the other hand, this moves a big game out of NFL/college playoff time and into the timeframe where people are starting to turn their attention to bball in the lead up to the tourney. :dunno:

Archived