College Basketball 2015 - 2016: Wherein we forget that last season ever happened

Rhom

Wow! Germany comes out and nails a three to start off the second OT, but we had an 8-0 run to close out the game! Gold medal! Great effort to close out the game, and that can only be a good thing for us come tournament time. I think this experience will pay off significantly.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of the blue, Kentucky signs an Australian big guy.

Kentucky is expected to add another late piece to its Class of 2015 as Australian center Isaac Humphries is expected to commit during an official visit this weekend, sources told NBCSports.com. The 6-foot-10 Humphries, who came to the United States in December to play at La Lumiere School in Indiana, will likely reclassify from the Class of 2016, where he was regarded as the No. 35 overall prospect in the Rivals 150.

His visit to campus coincided with Canadian point guard prospect and Kentucky commit Jamal Murray, and sources said that was planned to help sell Humphries on an early enrollment.

A big and strong center with good hands and soft touch around the basket, Humphries isn’t afraid to play with physicality down low. Humphries played with Australia during the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championships and was an All-Tournament selection while helping lead his country to a silver medal. Playing in seven games at the event in Dubai, Humphries averaged 18.9 points, 11.6 rebounds, 3.3 blocks and 1.6 assists per game while also shooting 57 percent from the field and 82 percent from the free-throw line. As a prospect, Humphries also has some upside going forward as he doesn’t turn 18 until January.

I'm a bit confused by all this. I had in my head who our 8 man rotation would be, and this just really doesn't fit into it. Another article at NBC Sports called him "insurance" for our three man front court and in particular if it turns out Labissierre can't play for some eligibility reason. I never really thought Cal would stick with 10 guys before last year, and I certainly don't think he will this year. So what he's going to do with Humprhies and then the addition of Tai Wynyard from New Zealand in December I don't have the faintest clue. :dunno:

Now if both of them are at the least two year guys, then having some experienced bigs for 16-17 would be a plus.

With zero depth, Cal was looking for a warm body. I doubt the kid will play much this year, but he'll be there in case of emergency (and more importantly, practice, yes, we talkin bout practice). As to the other guy, has any mid-year addition ever had an impact, anywhere? I can't think of one.

• 2 weeks later...

That dirty, dirty women's basketball program at UNC.  They've done it again.

''As painful as it is, it's part of the Carolina culture that we want to know what happened, we want to understand it, we want to fix it,'' he said.

Cunningham said the new information in women's basketball was discovered when officials prepared to release emails from former U.S. Justice Department official Kenneth Wainstein's eight-month investigation. In their review of up to 6 million pages of information, they uncovered more examples of possible improper academic assistance to players.

They also discovered potential recruiting violations over two years in men's soccer that were unrelated to the current NCAA probe.

''I'm very disappointed in the timing. I'm very disappointed in the impact it's going to have on the institution, on the program and how it delays where we were,'' Cunningham said. ''But I'm proud of the fact that people owned up to the mistakes that happened.''

:lmao:  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

My favorite is what Gary Parrish pointed out:

But the timing basically ensures UNC won't be punished before National Signing Day for football or the 2016 NCAA Tournament, meaning Roy Williams' Tar Heels, a possible preseason No. 1, now run almost no risk of being banned from this upcoming season's postseason. In other words, in a twisted way, these newly discovered potential violations could prove helpful to the sports that matter most in Chapel Hill.

:lmao: Indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

FA, your boy is back in town.  Well, back on this side of the pond anyway.  Anyone think he's learned from his mistakes?  I don't.

Ha! He won't last an entire NBA training camp. No way, no how. And think about it - Hendo and Boogie on the same roster? The planet would explode. :lol: 

Duke gets another 5 star commit for 2016 Frank Jackson - though since he did back out on one already I'm not counting any chickens.  I like the size, but want to see how his knees do this year.

Duke gets another 5 star commit for 2016 Frank Jackson - though since he did back out on one already I'm not counting any chickens.  I like the size, but want to see how his knees do this year.

I like it because it makes it more likely for Fox or Simmons to go to UK now.

Oh Stevie :rofl:

“Various promises were made with regard to playing time and ensuring that Stevie made it to the next level,” the complaint states. “Travis Ford even promised Stevie a Camaro.”

Clark claims that he faced “hazing and disrespect” from teammate Marcus Smart, a sophomore at the time and the team’s leading scorer.

When he expressed frustration to Ford, Clark alleges he was put on psychotropic drugs without his consent. He was required to take the medication to continue practicing with the team, according to the complaint.

Clark is seeking “compensatory and punitive damages, including general special damages, and any further relief which the court may deem appropriate” for breach of contract, violation of due process, assault, battery, intentional/negligent infliction of emotional distress, negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.

Go get that Camaro son!  :lol:

Archived