[Book Spoiler] Where is Littlefinger taking Sansa?

I saw the episode again last night and think I have this figured out. In the tavern LF tells Sansa that his wedding proposal has been accepted which is what the raven brought him news of immediately prior to their departure. Sansa presumes he is speaking of himself but she is mistaken. LF is taking Sansa to Winterfell to fulfill the part of Jeyne Poole in the books: to marry Ramsey Snow/Bolton to give the Boltons some legitimacy in their rule of the North. The Brienne angle then makes some sense considering that Mance Rayder is dead. She will work with Theon to rescue Sansa (as opposed to Mance working with Theon to rescue "Arya") before the wedding or immediately after (before the sadistic Ramsey does to show Sansa what he does to book Jeyne Poole).

LF is taking Sansa to Winterfell to fulfill the part of Jeyne Poole in the books: to marry Ramsey Snow

This is exactly what is happening in my opinion. And it is so disgusting/disturbing on many levels (not that (f)Arya and Ramsey weren't). Way to fuck up many different story lines. It's been said before, but I feel like I'm watching a completely different story line from the books, the characters just have similar names.

I saw the episode again last night and think I have this figured out. In the tavern LF tells Sansa that his wedding proposal has been accepted which is what the raven brought him news of immediately prior to their departure. Sansa presumes he is speaking of himself but she is mistaken. LF is taking Sansa to Winterfell to fulfill the part of Jeyne Poole in the books: to marry Ramsey Snow/Bolton to give the Boltons some legitimacy in their rule of the North. The Brienne angle then makes some sense considering that Mance Rayder is dead. She will work with Theon to rescue Sansa (as opposed to Mance working with Theon to rescue "Arya") before the wedding or immediately after (before the sadistic Ramsey does to show Sansa what he does to book Jeyne Poole).

Yeah seems pretty obvious at this point. Not a fan at all especially with what has been hinted at happening with regards to that storyline, but I guess we have to wait and see. Would love to see Sansa show some real agency and whatnot, not relive the greatest hits of the Joffrey arc with an even crazier person.

I agree they are headed for Winterfell (in the trailer for the season I'm pretty sure you see LF and Sansa there), and like others have said, the only marriage I can think of that LF could have set up for Sansa in the North would be to Ramsay with Sansa apparently taking over the Jeyne Poole/fArya plot from the books, but I just can't wrap my head around how that will work out.

Sansa is currently still legally married to Tyrion and wouldn't be free to marry again until he is confirmed to be dead. I guess they could ignore the fact she is already married or the Boltons could be willing to accept Alayne initially until Tyrion's death is confirmed and then her true Sansa identity could be revealed. But I don't see how they can work that out since the whole point of the wedding is uniting House Bolton and House Stark to ensure the acceptance of Roose as the Warden of the North and the loyalty of the northerners, which will require a Stark as we've heard numerous times. That brings us to a wedding between the real Sansa and Ramsay, and I can't imagine they would destroy Sansa by having her brutalized and robbed of her maidenhood.

I also don't see how a marriage to Ramsay would benefit Sansa/LF. Obviously the Boltons need a Stark to consolidate their power, but Sansa will be able to rally the North on her own. Why risk allying with known traitors/sociopaths when she can marry the heir in the Vale (where she was safe) and have the support of another great house and an untouched army in addition to the North. And now that Tywin's dead, Roose's alliance with the Lannisters isn't as intimidating, and I thought LF was already distancing his plans from the Lannisters so I don't see why he would give the key to the North to their ally.

Ugh...sorry to ramble. The idea of Sansa and Ramsay has me worked up. I guess we will see how it goes.

Sansa is going to Winterfell earlier than (probably) was going to happen in the books. I can only imagine she made it there at some point, and the show decided to speed things up to get her there. As much as I liked the politics in the Vale and those chapters in general, the writing on the wall is the show has to make a lot of cuts given its limited amount of time to tell not only Sansa's arc but all the other characters too, in ten hours per season, ostensibly only seven seasons total.

Ramsey takes on shades of Harry The Heir, who I doubt lasts long in the books even if he and Sansa do marry, as well as keeping his storyline of wedding fArya.

Brienne and Pod will serve as the women who infiltrated Winterfell with Mance and will smuggle Sansa and Theon out of WF. That's what I imagine will take place ultimately, but in between, Sansa's going to be walking the fine line of danger. LF makes a stupid decision in bringing them to the Boltons, which he had to make to speed the show up, and they'll both be in trouble. I don't think LF will die, but he'll probably squirm out somehow on his own, and he and Sansa will end up seperated as she goes with Theon, Brienne, Pod (assuming all still live) either to the Wall or to Stannis' war camp. My bet is on the Wall since Brienne is heading things up and she thinks of Stannis as a murderer. She isn't likely to bring the girl she's trying to protect near him, and besides, I think she'd think bringing Sansa to Jon is the best she can do to fulfill her oath given Catelyn is dead. In that way, Brienne has to sidetrack her desire for revenge on Stannis to keep her promise, which makes an interesting turn.

LF is the big question mark for me. I think Sansa is part of his "end" but I don't think it'll happen this season.... at some point their paths will have to cross again, but how, I have no clue currently. He probably can't go back to King's Landing if his treachery in aiding and abetting Sansa (accused of regicide, generally hated by the likes of Cersei) is known, and he also can't return to the Vale without Sansa because that is going to look very bad to the Vale Lords. There's not a lot of places LF can go, so maybe he leaves Westeros?

edit - To Braavos??

Pod will be Abel, I think Brienne could be the GOWF.

My reasoning for Pod is

Daniel Portman is an actor, known for Game of Thrones (2011), The Angels' Share (2012) and Wasteland 26: Six Tales of Generation Y (2014).

He has a powerful Baritone singing voice.

Auditioned for the part of Albert Narracott in War Horse (2011).

Auditioned for the part of Ethan Wate in Beautiful Creatures (2013).

Son of actor Ron Donachie.( Ser Roddrick)

I agree they are headed for Winterfell (in the trailer for the season I'm pretty sure you see LF and Sansa there), and like others have said, the only marriage I can think of that LF could have set up for Sansa in the North would be to Ramsay with Sansa apparently taking over the Jeyne Poole/fArya plot from the books, but I just can't wrap my head around how that will work out.

Sansa is currently still legally married to Tyrion and wouldn't be free to marry again until he is confirmed to be dead. I guess they could ignore the fact she is already married or the Boltons could be willing to accept Alayne initially until Tyrion's death is confirmed and then her true Sansa identity could be revealed. But I don't see how they can work that out since the whole point of the wedding is uniting House Bolton and House Stark to ensure the acceptance of Roose as the Warden of the North and the loyalty of the northerners, which will require a Stark as we've heard numerous times. That brings us to a wedding between the real Sansa and Ramsay, and I can't imagine they would destroy Sansa by having her brutalized and robbed of her maidenhood.

I also don't see how a marriage to Ramsay would benefit Sansa/LF. Obviously the Boltons need a Stark to consolidate their power, but Sansa will be able to rally the North on her own. Why risk allying with known traitors/sociopaths when she can marry the heir in the Vale (where she was safe) and have the support of another great house and an untouched army in addition to the North. And now that Tywin's dead, Roose's alliance with the Lannisters isn't as intimidating, and I thought LF was already distancing his plans from the Lannisters so I don't see why he would give the key to the North to their ally.

Ugh...sorry to ramble. The idea of Sansa and Ramsay has me worked up. I guess we will see how it goes.

I agree with everything you've written, but I think I've got an idea as to how they would be able to marry Sansa to Ramsay. Since Sansa snd Tyrion didn't consummate their marriage, it could be annulled or invalidated somehow, but that implies cooperation with King Tommen....er, Cersei...and since it's implied in the books that Tywin (or maybe Cersei) cooperated with Roose in bringing fake Arya to Winterfell, I wouldn't be surprised if the annulment was granted.

Sansa is going to Winterfell earlier than (probably) was going to happen in the books. I can only imagine she made it there at some point, and the show decided to speed things up to get her there. As much as I liked the politics in the Vale and those chapters in general, the writing on the wall is the show has to make a lot of cuts given its limited amount of time to tell not only Sansa's arc but all the other characters too, in ten hours per season, ostensibly only seven seasons total.

Ramsey takes on shades of Harry The Heir, who I doubt lasts long in the books even if he and Sansa do marry, as well as keeping his storyline of wedding fArya.

Brienne and Pod will serve as the women who infiltrated Winterfell with Mance and will smuggle Sansa and Theon out of WF. That's what I imagine will take place ultimately, but in between, Sansa's going to be walking the fine line of danger. LF makes a stupid decision in bringing them to the Boltons, which he had to make to speed the show up, and they'll both be in trouble. I don't think LF will die, but he'll probably squirm out somehow on his own, and he and Sansa will end up seperated as she goes with Theon, Brienne, Pod (assuming all still live) either to the Wall or to Stannis' war camp. My bet is on the Wall since Brienne is heading things up and she thinks of Stannis as a murderer. She isn't likely to bring the girl she's trying to protect near him, and besides, I think she'd think bringing Sansa to Jon is the best she can do to fulfill her oath given Catelyn is dead. In that way, Brienne has to sidetrack her desire for revenge on Stannis to keep her promise, which makes an interesting turn.

LF is the big question mark for me. I think Sansa is part of his "end" but I don't think it'll happen this season.... at some point their paths will have to cross again, but how, I have no clue currently. He probably can't go back to King's Landing if his treachery in aiding and abetting Sansa (accused of regicide, generally hated by the likes of Cersei) is known, and he also can't return to the Vale without Sansa because that is going to look very bad to the Vale Lords. There's not a lot of places LF can go, so maybe he leaves Westeros?

edit - To Braavos??

All good ideas on how the show will reconcile/interpret the story line and reach ultimately the same ending.

I don't think they're going to Winterfell. I think its similar to the books where LF is going to be taking her around the Vale while asserting his control over the other lords. Littlefinger wants Sansa for himself. He's not going to hand her over to a monster like Ramsey. He lost Cat to a Northerner. I don't see him letting that happen again.

Archived