AGOT Reread- Arya

Barba

• 2 weeks later...
Is it revealed in this chapter that Yoren cut her hair, or did we learn that in ACOK?

In the next book. Arya POV ended on a cliff in GoT.

I have a question. Gold Cloacks are on every Gate of the town. Then how did Arya appeared by the docks, If They were at the Mud Gate?

• 3 months later...

What struck me most about both Jon and Arya's chapters was the innocence and love that the two characters had for each other. Knowing the future of their lives, it was sad for me to read (see) this relationship and know that they would never share these moments again, and that even if they ever were to meet up again, they will be so changed by the hardships they experience that the beautiful, loving relationship they once had may not be possible to achieve again.

In the same way, it was sad to see Jon and Robb talking to each other and knowing they would never see each other again.

All in all, this re-read is quite a sad process because so much of the happiness (relative) the characters are experiencing now is about to be ravaged by the world. I’ve seen some people post that they don’t want to see a “Return of the King†ending to this series, and I understand their reasoning, but at the same time, I would like to see an end to the conflict and bitterness that Martin has brought to the 7 kingdoms. When AGOT starts, the 7 kingdoms have seen 8 years (give or take?) of peace and Balon’s rebellion did not create the chaos of the current situation in the 7 kingdoms. I’m not saying the world has to be at perfect peace, but I would like to see it returned to some state of peace, at least were the common folk can rebuild and return to their lives and children like Arya can be afraid of their Septa’s wrath instead of being raped and murdered.

Of course, all credit goes to Martin for being able to create that kind of depth in his characters, and it is why I love these books, even when they make me sad! J

Archived