Wayward Pines (season 2 lead cast and plot announced)

AncalagonTheBlack

‘Wayward Pines’ To Premiere On Fox Globally At Midnight

Fox Broadcasting and Fox International Channels will preview the premiere episode of Wayward Pines for one week beginning tonight at midnight ET/PT in advance of the series’ global premiere.

The episode will be available free on Fox on Demand via participating pay-TV providers, including AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, DIRECTV, Mediacom, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, XFINITY, among others. Fans can also stream the episode free at Fox.com, Fox Now and Hulu, as well as Facebook and also will be available via Amazon Instant Video, Google Play, PlayStation® Store, VUDU and Xbox Video.

Wayward Pines premieres Thursday, May 14 at 9 PM on Fox. Debuting simultaneously in more than 126 countries, it will be the world’s largest day-and-date launch for a scripted series ever. The 10-episode psychological thriller is based on Blake Crouch’s international best-selling series of books and adapted for television by Chad Hodge and executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/wayward-pines-premiere-fox-1201415063/

• 2 months later...

I saw the first episode a little while back and it fell off my radar. Do people recommend picking it back up?

It takes a dramatic genre change after episode 5 after the reveal of the town. It's watchable and its different, but too many plot holes, bad writing, and poor acting to recommend it as a must watch. Although I believe it was always going to be just 1 season of 10 eps, so once you've started you may as well just finish it.

It takes a dramatic genre change after episode 5 after the reveal of the town. It's watchable and its different, but too many plot holes, bad writing, and poor acting to recommend it as a must watch. Although I believe it was always going to be just 1 season of 10 eps, so once you've started you may as well just finish it.

I agree completely.

It moves along nicely and the show is a little addicting.

• 2 weeks later...

As has been mentioned this show is not a "must watch". But if you just need to blow a few hours it's not too bad. Watched the finale a couple hours ago. I'm guessing there's gonna be a season 2, because if not the last 3 minutes of the show is just a huge middle finger.

Edit: not, not mot. I just noticed that and couldn't let it stand.

As has been mentioned this show is mot a "must watch". But if you just need to blow a few hours it's not too bad. Watched the finale a couple hours ago. I'm guessing there's gonna be a season 2, because if not the last 3 minutes of the show is just a huge middle finger.

I don't even want to watch season 2.  What a shitty ending.

As has been mentioned this show is mot a "must watch". But if you just need to blow a few hours it's not too bad. Watched the finale a couple hours ago. I'm guessing there's gonna be a season 2, because if not the last 3 minutes of the show is just a huge middle finger.

How so?  I thought it was a perfectly fine, if bleak, finale.

If there will be a second season, then its fine. We can find out how that situation came to be and continue. But if that is just the way show ends
[spoiler] What? We're just supposed to accept that a bunch of teenagers cleared the town by themselves and then somehow overpowered the adults? [/spoiler]

It was always intended as a one season show. The first season adapts all the three books.

Actually, it's only after the finale that talks for a possible season 2 emerged.

Personally, I enjoyed the ending, sequel or not. Don't really understand the hate for it.

I was not really minding this show and just watching it because why not and liked a few things, like the character progression of Pam and then BAM the finale happened and I thought it was insane and fucking loved it and now I suddenly really want a season two!?!

Wayward Pines cancelled by Fox after one season

I watched the first episode and I have the rest of the season on the DVR waiting to be binged.

I didn't mind the first ep. But now that I know there won't be any more to it. Not sure I want to dive in.

Oh, this is a shame :( I actually REALLY wanted a season 2 after that absolutely bonkers ending. 

I loved it lol. 

• 6 months later...

Jason Patric To Star In ‘Wayward Pines’ Season 2 On Fox

Jason Patric (Narc) is set for the lead role in the second installment of Fox’s psychological thriller event series Wayward Pines, which will air this summer. On the show, executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan, Patric will play Dr. Theo Yedlin, a confident, driven surgeon whose leadership skills will prove invaluable to the residents of Wayward Pines.

Based on the world created by author Blake Crouch in his bestselling series of books, the 10-episode second season of Wayward Pines will pick up after the shocking events of Season 1 with the town’s residents battling the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. Yedlin — a new resident of Wayward Pines – awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the middle of this rebellion, as he tries to understand what Wayward Pines really is and help preserve the endangered human race.

Archived