Non-Modern Fantastic Literature

ChillyPolly

Dear god, I think I've stumbled down a rabbit warren

Douglas Duane by Edgar Fawcett (1888)

Solarion by Edgar Fawcett (1889)

The Angel of Revolution by George Griffith (1893)

Olga Romanoff by George Griffith (1894)

TheGhost of Guy Thyrle by Edgar Fawcett (1895)

The Incubated Girl by Fred T. Jane (1896)

To Venus in Five Seconds by Fred T. Jane (1897)

The Violet Flame by Fred T. Jane (1899)

These are in.  Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Excellent list,I am impressed,some very good reading there.I would recommend a couple of non-fiction books that are pretty old.The Beast of Gevaudan by Abbe Pierre Pourcher and The Maneaters of Tsavo by Col Patterson.The  Beast was a wolf? or wolves that killed over 60 people in 1760`s France and of course the movie Ghost and the Darkness was based on Pattersons experiances.Not a read for everyone,but some will find them very interesting.Now I guess I need to look for copies of some of your list that I want to read.Read several and always enjoy the older stories.

Didn`t mention most people in the area were certain the beast was a werewolf..supposedly one of 2 beasts killed was shot with a silver bullet.The other was killed after being shot numerous times, only after being shot in the head with a .69 caliber musket ball.Also the Tsavo lions were thought to be were lions summoned by a angry witch doctor.Pourcher had a relative that was attacked by the beast and his book has many eyewitness accounts

t

Archived