Football XXXVIII: Wenger v The Special One

MercenaryChef

arsenal are arguably playing the best football of any team this season these last several games. chelsea meanwhile are boring and uninspiring, yet keep winning.

let's see something exciting today!

i want the gunners to strike first early forcing chelsea out of their shell and into attack.

wow. cesc is up top as striker.

jose says they are out to win the game, but i think he is a lying sack of shit. he wants a single point from this encounter and to limp through on a terrific start and win the title. he truly is fine with draws the rest of the way.

Is it weird that I'm less bothered getting trounced like that by a good performance than last week's grinding loss to Mourinho?

Nah, that's not weird. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not ashamed to go full Keegan here: I'd love it if Arsenal beat them. Love it.

That said, he hasn't really got much option than to play Cesc up top, everyone else is injured.

i expect to see drogba in the second half.

motherfucker should have kept demba ba.

Everton were superb today and fully deserved the win. Just as I suspected, we will need every bit of that lead we have over Liverpool.

I'm firmly in the corner of the Gunners today but it wouldn't suprise me in the least if Chelsea sneak a win. Fully expect Mourinho to set his team up for a 0-0 snore.

Arsenal pretty lucky to get away with the one penalty. The second one I think was a dive though, he left his leg dangling.

Oops just realized I was posting in the old thread still :blushing:

Yeah I think the first foul on Oscar by Ospina was about as clear as it gets. Cesc was arguable, probably not a pen but not a dive either for me. Oscar looks fairly decent up front

Archived