(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

I cheered the high sparrow all book readers know what is coming and it will be bloody awesome, watching cersei shoot her own foot. Kevan's warning last episode if Tywin was here these fanatics would not dare to roam around also after Lancel sharp memory did not alert to the fact that she is in big trouble. Also a man who walks bare foot and choses to be poor cannot be bought ahhhhhh Cersei fool of westeros I can't wait to see this season just to see her go up in smoke POPCORN READY. It is going to be tough who is more stupid Cersei or Dany.

Mark it down guys this Olli is going to be the one to stab Jon. This probably would be the biggest mistake Jon makes.

Arya can't give up on Jon her family. I am glad she saved his memory.

Janos Slynt getting his head chopped off all I could think was how proud will Tyrion be of Jon if he learned off this, mental picture he would have raised a glass of wine and cheered his bastard friend for getting rid of that child murdering coward, justice is served here here.

I just can't place Varys I think many are confused with his actual motives is he really a good guy. But Tyrion and Varys make a great team and Jorah is taking him to Dany Tyrion is going to laugh his ass off.

I'm pretty thrilled that they're apparently not doing the Fake Arya storyline, and instead sending Sansa into the thick of things. They could certainly screw it up completely, but I'm excited about what they could do if they do it well.

So much to love this episode.

- Cersei. I love the conniving, scheming, intelligent show Cersei.

- Sansa. I wrote this twice already in other threads, but her death glare to Roose Bolton. I can't wait for what comes of this plotline.

- Brienne. That monologue. And show Brienne is fully aware that Renly was gay. I loved the addition of "I'm not an idiot"... book Brienne often struck me as one.

- Tyrion. Good to see he still remembers Shae.

- the High Septon scene was appropriately ridiculous. And I absolutely loved the reactions at the Small Council. Qyburn: "It doesn't matter." Pycelle: "What a man does should be his own business!"

- the Red Priestess in Volantis. Such a small part, but so great. Another creepy look.

@ velki - it is possible the show makes Sansa a more exiting character than book Sansa, which is a good thing, IMO. Still too early to tell if D&Ds storytelling will come together - they could fuck it up - though I really hope they improve it.

Acting... Just that deserves praises... These actors make even the most unbelievable things believable (Tommen fluctuating from child to sex machine)... Special shout-out to Stark girls since both have been great this season.

And of course, music. That has been done wonderfully.

@ velki - it is possible the show makes Sansa a more exiting character than book Sansa, which is a good thing, IMO. Still too early to tell if D&Ds storytelling will come together - they could fuck it up - though I really hope they improve it.

I really hope they do, what they did has so much potential. I like Sansa a lot, but it seems like she's not been dealt a lot of opportunities to be relevant. It'd be a shame if they just throw her in to be Meat for more Ramsay-is-an-asshole scenes; I'd like to believe that the show has been setting her up more for learning how to manipulate with her scenes with Littlefinger. But who knows.

Also aside yeah, I loved the Brienne monologue. It paints her feelings toward Renly in color.

Listening to Margaery plant those little seeds that made Tommen start to question Cersei was wonderful, not to mention Margaery throwing insults at Cersei left, right and centre. Ahhh I just love Scenes with Margaery.

Also, Janos Slynt's execution. I might have been a little too excited about that scene when it was happening. I'm so glad that wasn't taken out of the series.

The Slynt beheading scene was great. Changing the line to "Olly fetch me a sword" seemed unnecessary, but it didn't bother me that much. The scene was still a fist pump moment.

I can't divorce myself from the knowledge of what politics are like in the Vale in the books, so LF leaving Sweetrobin with the Royces strikes me as fucking stupid....I must admit my pulse quickens a bit during Sansa scenes now though because I have no idea how things will go. So this is what it is like to be an Unsullied. :eek:

Brienne's story was good.

Marg insulting the hell out of Cersei was epic. :bowdown:

Arya and Needle of course.

Much better episode than the first 2 overall imo.

Pod and Brienne was sweet.

Execution was very good. Drumbeat gave me chills. Jon's storyline is being done so well.

Small Council gold, especially Pycelle getting uppity about someone's private affairs being discussed (cue little side eye from Cersei)

Qyburn.

Cersei vs Marg

Cersei being smug because she thinks the High Sparrow might be a useful feller to have on her side (also liked the way she was moving through the poor so disdainfully)

Arya hiding Needle.

Speaking of disdain, the way Roose was talking to Ramsay..McElhatton does a nice line in side eye. Also good to see him interact with Littlefinger.

Oh hai again Lancel.

I'm enjoying Sansa storyline because I'm so clueless as to where it's going (roll on ep 5 tbh).

Red Priestess scene was fantastic.

Jorah looking rough as...

As always, Stephen.. :bowdown: :bowdown: I can't say anything more I'll just embarrass myself

So yes I liked this episode :P

Archived