My theory on Ramsey and Sansa

TheStarryOne

This is mainly based on their first interaction with each other and how he is obviously smitten by her, also on what Petyr advised her to do.

I think that Ramsey will be a good husband to Sansa (yes, this is the same guy that cut of Theon's penis), considering how unpredictable GOT is, it isn't completely impossible. Let's also remember he did all those sadistic things when he was a bastard, he's considered a Bolton now and besides he puts his father on a pedestal and if he wants him to wed Sansa then he will probably at least pretend to care about her and she is a looker anyway so it wouldn't be that much torture, anyway back to what Petyr advised her to do... he basically told her to use him, which will of course backfire but in the meantime, i think he will fall for her and change... then he finds out that she was using him and probably do something equally as sadistic but this time he might actually gain the audience's sympathies since he did become vulnerable and show another side to him that we didn't know existed.

P.S. don't bring up what happens in the books, it's sort of pointless considering how the show has improvised a lot and many characters are nicer or meaner in books then they are in show etc.

I disagree. I'll copy paste what I said before.

I'm still confident that Sansa will playing the role of Farya. Theon has said in interviews that he's meeting characters he hasn't met before. Stannis and co will be it in my opinion. Theon is not just going to fly to Stannis without Sansa. Sansa will get raped and tortured and Theon will be her escape route. Remember the cast keep saying this will be a ''dark season'' I think this will be a direct example of it.

I can't picture anything else happening. Littlefinger is going to Kings Landing and disappears in episode 8. Sansa will be caught between a war with Stannis and the Boltons. She won't be staying in WF while the battle happens.

I explain it better in my video

I think he will not hurt her, unless he is a complete idiot. All the north worships and admires House Stark, I personally think he will not be fool enough to do any harm to her. But I think if he feels the urge to beat her, he will beat or rape or torture a servant instead and force her to watch. I'm completely lost with this plot twist on the show, but somehow my guts are telling me that this marriage won't happen or won't last long. I don't (and I can't, honestly) see Sansa and Ramsay spending too many chapters together, and as I mentioned on a post before, how the hell their marriage will be a legitimate one if Sansa is still married to Tyrion, the Lannisters still runs the Seven Kingdoms and Cersei is hunting HER and Tyrion for the killing of Joffrey? I mean, we know they did not have sex, but the anullment should be signed by Tommem, if I'm correct. How will Tommem sign a paper stating that Sansa Stark (the killer of his brother) is now a free lady who can wed again?

I think this is going to be a dark season - but I don't think there will be Sansa rape or flaying or anything like that.

I think Ramsay is initially going to be smitten with Sansa and do something really nasty to jealous Myranda (like flaying her face) to try and impress Sansa. This will upset Sansa, as she will see it as her fault and try to get out of being married to Ramsay. At this stage Ramsay will turn on Sansa, possibly try to take her unmarried but Roose will not allow it, as Sansa is royalty. I think the Boltons will try and speed up the wedding then, for them both to get their way and then Sansa will escape/be recued by Theon.

I don't think the show will do a scene like the Reek getting Ramsay's bride lubricated one from the books because 1) I think it's a little too much for even GoTs and 2) I think that the show is trying to humanise Reek and Ramsay a little more than their book counterparts.

Let's also remember he did all those sadistic things when he was a bastard, he's considered a Bolton now and besides he puts his father on a pedestal and if he wants him to wed Sansa then he will probably at least pretend to care about her ...

Why yes, Ramsay Bolton did horrible unspeakable things when he was a bastard. Now that he's "Lord Bolton" he's only just, you know, only hung a few flayed corpses out for display ... let's not worry too much about that, he's not an evil bastard anymore, right? :ack:

If you believed that smile and feigned happiness he gave in the show tonight was an indication that Ramsay is now a changed man, you are truly deceived! Men like Ramsay do not change their ways. Not ever. They are born that way - very sick in the head. While yes it's true, some serial killers in fact led dual lives where their families and even spouses had no idea of what they were doing in secret, I don't think it will be long before Sansa gets a good idea of just how twisted her new betrothed is. She'll wish she was back in King's Landing with Joffrey. Poor girl. But even after all that, I do not believe they're going to go the book route with this plot anyways so all that's moot. Mr. Stannis the Mannis is on his way soon marching on Winterfell. As soon as that knowledge reaches Roose Bolton, everything's gonna go a little crazy. I am SO excited to see where Sansa fits into the bigger picture but I don't think it's as a Ramsay plaything.

This is mainly based on their first interaction with each other and how he is obviously smitten by her, also on what Petyr advised her to do.

I think that Ramsey will be a good husband to Sansa (yes, this is the same guy that cut of Theon's penis), considering how unpredictable GOT is, it isn't completely impossible. Let's also remember he did all those sadistic things when he was a bastard, he's considered a Bolton now and besides he puts his father on a pedestal and if he wants him to wed Sansa then he will probably at least pretend to care about her and she is a looker anyway so it wouldn't be that much torture, anyway back to what Petyr advised her to do... he basically told her to use him, which will of course backfire but in the meantime, i think he will fall for her and change... then he finds out that she was using him and probably do something equally as sadistic but this time he might actually gain the audience's sympathies since he did become vulnerable and show another side to him that we didn't know existed.

P.S. don't bring up what happens in the books, it's sort of pointless considering how the show has improvised a lot and many characters are nicer or meaner in books then they are in show etc.

Unless Sansa is Karla Homolka, it would be impossible for Ramsay to be smitten by her. He has Myranda, who is Karla Homolka.

I don't think bastardry makes a difference to Ramsay's behaviour. I think genetics and upbringing are at fault here.

I think he will not hurt her, unless he is a complete idiot. All the north worships and admires House Stark, I personally think he will not be fool enough to do any harm to her. But I think if he feels the urge to beat her, he will beat or rape or torture a servant instead and force her to watch. I'm completely lost with this plot twist on the show, but somehow my guts are telling me that this marriage won't happen or won't last long. I don't (and I can't, honestly) see Sansa and Ramsay spending too many chapters together, and as I mentioned on a post before, how the hell their marriage will be a legitimate one if Sansa is still married to Tyrion, the Lannisters still runs the Seven Kingdoms and Cersei is hunting HER and Tyrion for the killing of Joffrey? I mean, we know they did not have sex, but the anullment should be signed by Tommem, if I'm correct. How will Tommem sign a paper stating that Sansa Stark (the killer of his brother) is now a free lady who can wed again?

I think many psychopaths lack basic common sense. So yes Ramsay would be unable to stop himself from torturing Sansa. Remember what he did to Theon: he transformed a valuable hostage into a darwin award winner/dead man walking.

I think the North will see the marriage as legitimate because they don't share a religion with the South.

The multiple reaction shots of Theon's face tonight: first when Roose/Ramsay discussed the marriage, then as Sansa walked by him, only further confirmed to me that Theon will clearly be involved in helping Sansa prevail or escape (similar to his role in the books, obviously). Not exactly a new or bold prediction, but I'm really looking forward to it nonetheless. There was some thought that because Sansa was replacing fArya, Theon's role might change as well.

Unless Sansa is Karla Homolka, it would be impossible for Ramsay to be smitten by her. He has Myranda, who is Karla Homolka.

I don't think bastardry makes a difference to Ramsay's behaviour. I think genetics and upbringing are at fault here.

Without getting into a debate on real life psychopaths, I don't think that is how GoTs/ASoIaF pshycos work. GoTs pshycos have definite reasons for being phsycos which do make a difference to their behaviour.

LF had Cat, the Mountain has his headaches (and seeing as there is no aspirin in Westeros, we never see him on a good day) and Ramsay has his bastardry. Ramsay (especially show Ramsay) will give anything to get his father's approval and rise up the ranks of royalty. Show Ramsay will keep his pshyco side at bay as long as it serves these purposes, because it exactly feeling sorry for himself for being a bastard that makes show Ramsay a pshyco.

Without getting into a debate on real life psychopaths, I don't think that is how GoTs/ASoIaF pshycos work. GoTs pshycos have definite reasons for being phsycos which do make a difference to their behaviour.

LF had Cat, the Mountain has his headaches (and seeing as there is no aspirin in Westeros, we never see him on a good day) and Ramsay has his bastardry. Ramsay (especially show Ramsay) will give anything to get his father's approval and rise up the ranks of royalty. Show Ramsay will keep his pshyco side at bay as long as it serves these purposes, because it exactly feeling sorry for himself for being a bastard that makes show Ramsay a pshyco.

Both GRRM and D&D need to drop this trope then. And Fast.

Also all aspiring writers should do a atleast 2 units of psychology.

I think he'll try to rope Sansa into his happy torture games - but not as victim. I think the victim will be Myranda (in which case I don't care, she's as bad as he is) or Theon (in which case Sansa might not care, given she still believes he killed her brothers).

How far Sansa will go along with it - to keep alive, or to keep her revenge alive - is the question. Her choices will be fairly limited either way.

I can absolutely see Ramsay dragging back his victims to present to her, much like a cat likes to torture a mouse/bird and bring the carcass back to its human. (When I was a teenager I had a cat called Rufus, who would go hunting at night. I'd frequently wake up to a dead mouse laid carefully by my schoolbag - presumably so I'd have something to snack on during the day.) Ramsay's going to be channelling my old pussycat, I reckon.

But the question comes down to who is Sansa. I always thought Sansa to be more like Tyrion or she will be capable of it, she will get smarter and even capable of revenge killing. Will Tyrion mutilate people for revenge no I don't think so I think that is too dark for him. Even Sansa is not capable of that not even Arya. Killing someone out of impulsive revenge and anger and hatred is different from sitting and enjoying torture. Infact even Margery couldn't keep the facade up at her wedding when Joffrey was humiliating Tyrion. Margery was only able to act as long as Joffrey wasn't torturing anyone the moment he started acting on it infront of her she was repulsed by it. Sansa might be able to fake the talk but if she has to sit through it I suppose that would traumatize her like theon but for theon he has to watch it and endure it. Maybe Ramsay will give Theon to Sansa to torture for killing her brothers it will be the sought of cruel thing he does knowing well the boys are alive but to punish Theon and to test Sansa.

Sansa will get raped and tortured and Theon will be her escape route. Remember the cast keep saying this will be a ''dark season'' I think this will be a direct example of it.

Sophie Turner also said there was a "super traumatic" scene, and then changed her mind and said that comment was an exaggeration.

If she was getting tortured and raped, I really don't think she would've said it was exaggerated.

I think Sansa is gonna take a little page out of Margery's handbook when it comes to dealing with sadistic fiancees, pretend to take up his interests. I think she's going to flay somebody, and I think she'll be serving Frey pies for her wedding.

I suppose that's one way of looking at this.

Archived