Is Brienne going to kill stannis?

Stag_legion

There was that scene this episode where brienne still insists on wanting to kill stannis. and also the fake story about renly being kind to her (why would renly go to that dance in the first place? a man of his status would never want wed someone like brienne and if I remember correctly renly was kind of a dick behind brienne.)

SO do you think she's going to kill him? I will really stop watching the show if she does.

I'm pretty sure she won't especially since they are seemingly setting this up now. Stannis needs to be still alive in season 6/TWOW. Beyond that his chances are not so good.

ETA: Brienne's dance story is from the books actually. It wasn't a ball to get her a marriage prospect there however (since she's only 13 then) but just a celebration of Renly's coming of age tour through the Stormlands.

ETA 2: Yeah, according to Loras, Renly was also a "nasty little shit" but at least a polite nasty little shit. :P

Looks like she's headed that way, or at least trying to find a way to get back at Stannis. I can't see her getting anywhere near Stannis to do any killing. Maybe she'll join up with Dany (or even, hoping against hope, Aegon, if he's been merged with Trystane as people seem to think) as a way of getting back. That'd satisfy the whole "I just want to serve a noble, honourable lord" (well Dany's not really honourable, but her heart is occasionally in the right place). Hell, maybe she'll even head North to find Stannis and end up deciding Jon is her new hero to worship - first woman to join the Watch or something (yeah, I know, not gonna happen... still, fun to think about!)

I think she either gets Asha's place in Stannis's storyline or even just gives up at the end of the season because "winter has come" and turns back south (so they can do the Riverland plot in season 6).

Looks like she's headed that way, or at least trying to find a way to get back at Stannis. I can't see her getting anywhere near Stannis to do any killing. Maybe she'll join up with Dany (or even, hoping against hope, Aegon, if he's been merged with Trystane as people seem to think) as a way of getting back. That'd satisfy the whole "I just want to serve a noble, honourable lord" (well Dany's not really honourable, but her heart is occasionally in the right place). Hell, maybe she'll even head North to find Stannis and end up deciding Jon is her new hero to worship - first woman to join the Watch or something (yeah, I know, not gonna happen... still, fun to think about!)

Baratheon then Stark then Lannister and now Targaryen lmaoo. Brienne is serving all over the place.

I think she will end up saving Sansa and Theon from Winterfell only to be captured by Stannis and then serving Ashas role

I really dislike the Renly white washing the show has done. The show made it seem like renly was going to be a good king and that we should have been rooting for him (in addition for him being the patron saint of homosexuality), but in the books he's much more in line with a shallow and selfish celebrity, who is not very educated and wouldn't be an effective king, not to mention that his power grab severely weakened house baratheon as a whole.

Baratheon then Stark then Lannister and now Targaryen lmaoo. Brienne is serving all over the place.

I think she will end up saving Sansa and Theon from Winterfell only to be captured by Stannis and then serving Ashas role

I d be fine with that, maybe while a prisoner of stannis she ll come to her senses and stop wanting to kill him.

Yeah, I think she'll take on Asha's role (with Pod as Tristifer Botley)...but I think in the books Asha could very well cause Stannis' death, so who knows.

How? she's a prisoner and even in a one on one stannis would probably beat her. If she attempts to kill him she ll just be killed.

When she said this "... Stannis Baratheon is a man. And a man can be killed...", she looked REALLY meaningfully at the fire, and the scene ended with her poking at the embers - And we have shots of a burning camp with burning tents (and snow in the background) in the S5 trailers and teasers... :(

I think there could be evidence she's planning to ambush him to release Theon

I don't know I always figured stannis might use asha to get the ironborn on his side. Ironborn will definitely stop their raiding tradition at one point, they have to or the mainland will destroy them eventually. I see Asha and Rodrik Harlaw moving the iron islands away from the old ways and more to the traditions of the mainlands. Similar to how vikings eventually formed kingdoms similar to mainland europe.

I think Stannis is a character that won't die until the last book, or the final season of the show. I think he's going to go out in glorious combat against the white walkers. Then he will finally be respected and loved by the people of Westeros.

So Brienne may TRY to kill Stannis, but I don't think she will succeed. It would be more interesting if the two of them had to form an uneasy alliance for a greater purpose.

I think Stannis is a character that won't die until the last book, or the final season of the show. I think he's going to go out in glorious combat against the white walkers. Then he will finally be respected and loved by the people of Westeros.

So Brienne may TRY to kill Stannis, but I don't think she will succeed. It would be more interesting if the two of them had to form an uneasy alliance for a greater purpose.

That's more likely Dany or Jon rather than Stannis.Stannis vs Boltons yeah.

I don't read much into it, lots of people want to kill lots of other people, doesn't mean they'll get around too it. Sure, Brienne wants to avenge Renly, but when the choice is avenging Renly or helping his killer free Sansa Stark from the Boltons? Who knows? War makes for strange bedfellows and all that.

Archived