Is Brienne going to kill stannis?

Stag_legion

I think she will align with Stannis as she must realized in her great lugishness, that Renly was in fact wrong to claim the throne over Stannis and that Stannis is far more preferred for the realm than Cersei Lannister's incest bastards and that Stannis is trying to help Cat Stark's family.

Brienne isn't a poster on westeros.org. Not everyone takes it for granted that Renly was wrong or that Stannis would be a good King

I also dont understand people saying that because D&D dont like Stannis they want to try to get rid of him early, there is no hint at that! s5 ep1-4 Stannis has been protrayed pretty well and with a lot more screen time than previous seasons, plus for the bigger characters on the the show they wont just change how they die, and would try to make it somewhat closer to how the character meets their end in the book. Stannis will be in s6

A lot of that is down the amount of backlash they got for his terrible portrayal in Season 3 + 4. This season has been very different since D & D aren't using their blind unprofessional and borderline childish dislike of Stannis as an excuse to portray him badly.

Brienne did kill the Hound so anything could happen this season. I don't see Stannis being killed liberating Winterfell. Either the Northern lords turn on him in S6 or the White Walkers kill him. Whatever happens they'll need to burn his body because their are so many hints of Stannis coming back as Un-Stannis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brienne did kill Stannis, though. Her portrayal in this series is one of a great oaf who tends to make things worse, sure, Arya could have a better role model than the Hound, but the guy was protecting her for no other reason than because he could, by the end, and Brienne spoiled that.

For the first time in this series, show and books, Stannis' death would be counterproductive, if he had died outside Storms End during Clash, Renly would've basically won and the war would be almost over, any time during Storm wouldn't have made a difference, but now, he's holding a decent deck and everyone else is basically scum, even in comparison to him, and he is the guy with the best interests of people in mind, mainly because their interests are his interests, but its a truth nonetheless. This is why I am worried Brienne would kill him, Stannis can actually win now, and it wouldn't be a bad thing.

If Brienne slays Stannis, the HotU vision about Stannis and slayer of lies will prove to be wrong. I don't think any reasonable reader would accept that.

So, Stannis' death or the end of his claim will be due to Dany.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brienne did kill Stannis, though. Her portrayal in this series is one of a great oaf who tends to make things worse, sure, Arya could have a better role model than the Hound, but the guy was protecting her for no other reason than because he could, by the end, and Brienne spoiled that.

This notion that Arya and the Hound had this great thing going is a fairy tale. The Hound was wounded/sick from infection and had a massive bounty on his head. It was only a matter of time until he died or was killed/captured. Moreover, Brienne offered the Hound mercy. He chose to throw that away.

For the first time in this series, show and books, Stannis' death would be counterproductive, if he had died outside Storms End during Clash, Renly would've basically won and the war would be almost over, any time during Storm wouldn't have made a difference, but now, he's holding a decent deck and everyone else is basically scum, even in comparison to him, and he is the guy with the best interests of people in mind, mainly because their interests are his interests, but its a truth nonetheless. This is why I am worried Brienne would kill him, Stannis can actually win now, and it wouldn't be a bad thing.

The chances of Brienne killing Stannis are slim. The show favors misdirection. If a character says they will do something then they likely won’t.

Archived