The Mindy Project

Quorra

I used to love this show but it's gone downhill.

At first, I loved it because Mindy was superficial, mostly unliked by the people around her, and apart from being a succcessful doctor with style, she was pretty much a loser and her life was a mess.

Now she's happily married with a baby on the way and beloved of all around her.

Boring!

Maybe they're trying to wrap up the show to close on a happy ending.

Mindy still blurts out hilarious lines that are politically incorrect or bizarrely vapid or both. But the show itself has been terrible. The romance stories and the support characters have been cringeworthy. It's probably better to pull the plug on this quickly and let Mindy resurface in another setting.

It does has some great quotables.

It's just that more and more it seems her shallow comments are in more serious moments, as seemingly justifiable sentiments instead of something we should be laughing at.

Before, it was making fun of shallow people, but now a line like "I want you to love me in the way that I can show on Instagram." is delivered with tears in her eyes and a serious atmosphere.

It was a good idea to get rid of her blonde married best friend who was around in the first couple of episodes. That character brought nothing to the table.

• 1 month later...

yeah i think it ran out of steam in season three after making massive improvements in season 2.

i still like the mindy character but everyone else on teh show has gotten a bit hard to take. and i never really liked danny as a character so making him so much more central was never going to work for me

yeah i think it ran out of steam in season three after making massive improvements in season 2.

i still like the mindy character but everyone else on teh show has gotten a bit hard to take. and i never really liked danny as a character so making him so much more central was never going to work for me

Oh I always liked Danny, he was a classic sitcom curmudgeon in the style of Lou Grant and and Kevin Arnold's father. In fact, he represented the fun-killing father figure all silly women secretly admire. He had great understated lines like the following response to the suggestion that he doesn't like turning on the heat in the winter:

“Why, to heat up a drawer full of unused sweaters? You wanna get warm, get on the floor and do some push-ups, okay?!”

Oh I always liked Danny, he was a classic sitcom curmudgeon in the style of Lou Grant and and Kevin Arnold's father. In fact, he represented the fun-killing father figure all silly women secretly admire. He had great understated lines like the following response to the suggestion that he doesn't like turning on the heat in the winter:

“Why, to heat up a drawer full of unused sweaters? You wanna get warm, get on the floor and do some push-ups, okay?!”

yeah, he had his moments, like most of the characters i guess. i just never bought him as that great of a character or worth wrapping that much of the plot around

I actually love this show, weird pregnancy plot line and all. I thought Mindy and Peter Prentiss (Adam Pally) would have been a great romantic relationship (the wedding date episode is a favorite), but I generally loved the two characters' interaction. Danny often seems like an asshole to be avoided. I'm very glad, though, that Hulu picked it up.

• 5 months later...

Archived