May Episode Details

Westeros

The episode descriptions are hilariously vague this season.

Like seriously.

They never were specific, but "Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei struggles. Jon travels." is GoT version of "Michaels new idea causes trouble in the office" or "Jack and the survivors learn more about the mysteries of the island"

The episode descriptions are hilariously vague this season.

They have always been but more than terse this season.

For an episode named Sons of the Harpy without Dany mentioned?

By the by what happened the 'The' in Sons of Harpy ?

They have always been but more than terse this season.

For an episode named Sons of the Harpy without Dany mentioned?

By the by what happened the 'The' in Sons of Harpy ?

Arya is not mentioned in an episode named 'the Gift'. I'm sure the title means more than just Brandon's Gift.

Earlier, the imdb synopsis of episode 5, it said "winterfell prepares for a wedding'. If the wedding takes place and 'Theon remains in Ramsay's control'.. can't rule out 'Reek, make her ready for me'.

I feel the synopses have always been vague, but we could make better sense of them when they were following the books.

Episode 47: "Sansa tries to talk to Theon". Episode 48: "Sansa confronts an old friend". Who could this friend be? By the wording it couldn't be Theon, or could it?

Also, I'm intrigued by "Stannis remains stubborn".

Methinks he wants Melisandre to come along as he's heading south but she refuses.

Jaime and Bronn don't reach Dorne till episode 46? Trystane and Myrcella make plans, they're gonna talk... on TV? Fuck. Oh Trystaneo, Trystaneo, where for art thou Trystaneo? Let us run away to be married for tis true love.

Bronn: Oh happy fucking Dagger, end this arc.

I feel the synopses have always been vague, but we could make better sense of them when they were following the books.

This season will definitely have some (many?) surprises and so story-wise I can see keeping things under wrap. Since season 1 the show likes to keep things hidden but some things like ,say, keeping Iwan Rheon character identity hidden , for a while , 'boy' , then making him Ramsay Bolton, what did that buy them? This season they nearly succeeded in keeping Tom Wlaschiha 'classified' , just exactly why? No surprise when Tom turned out to be the 'Kindly Man'. All this Radio Silence , is that due to the show runners or HBO? It's a nit I know, but in the case of casting (not story reveals) can't see the logic of it.

"Stannis remains stubborn." :lmao:

Yes, "HAR!"

My guess is that the army starts to experience those winter snows, someone (Davos maybe) tells him to go back, but Stannis remains stubborn about pressing on ("I will risk everything").

I've been waiting for those snows. While reading the book, I pictured them vividly - blinding, crippling - they should be phenomenal (unless the screen is just pure white, of course! :-] )

There was also such a build-up last episode with Sansa and Reek/Theon, as he kept seeing her, 'hiding', and she kept missing him. Wasn't it Reek's face to face encounter with Jeyne/Arya in the book that started Reek's transformation back into Theon?

Episode 47: "Sansa tries to talk to Theon". Episode 48: "Sansa confronts an old friend". Who could this friend be? By the wording it couldn't be Theon, or could it?

Also, I'm intrigued by "Stannis remains stubborn".

Methinks he wants Melisandre to come along as he's heading south but she refuses.

I was thinking that he sends Davos to find Rickon, Davos refuses to leave his king, but Stannis threatens to execute him if he doesn't follow orders. Something to that extent.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there not going to be a 1 week break this season like there has been in the past? Also, looks like no Dany in episode 7, she isn't in the description or preview. She's also not in the description for 8. Surely they can't leave her out until the pit?

sadly it looks that way but i think she may appear in episode 8 ..we have to wait and see will see her in the promo for episode 8

Archived