[Book Spoilers] Your Unsullied friends and family's reactions to the High Sparrow Episode

I have one freind who watches the show and likes it. He thinks that LF is secretly Robin Arryns Father. He also wants to know why everyone has forgotten about Stannis. He doesn't understand why the Lannisters didn't go after him after he almost took the city back in Season 2. I said it because they don't have the ships and Dragonstone is a strong fortress. Still he thinks that its been a few years since the battle and that Tywin or the Tyrells should have come up with ships by now. I told him thats what happened in the books and he thought that made more sense.

The Stannis bandwagon is getting stronger, because he's in a position to avenge the Starks, but everyone thinks I know the result to the battle of Winterfell though, and I don't, so they think I am being coy and that Stannis is going to win it

The Stannis bandwagon is getting stronger, because he's in a position to avenge the Starks, but everyone thinks I know the result to the battle of Winterfell though, and I don't, so they think I am being coy and that Stannis is going to win it

I watched last night with a friend. These were second time reactions from her. She watched it back on Sunday.

She didn't understand that the guy going in to the HoBAW was going there for euthanasia. "Noooo, don't drink it!" She thought Jaqen was murdering him in cold blood. I didn't notice this myself, considering I had book knowledge, but if you watch it back there really isn't anyway to tell that he is willingly receiving a gift.

Cersei walking into talk to Margaery and being cowardly confused the crap out of her.

Me: "Yeah, it's not supposed to be like that in the books, etc. etc."

Her: "Yeah..." Then she gave this scrunched up "Do Not Want" face as Cersei began to internally curl up inside onscreen.

"The shots of this kid [Olly] are out of control."

I asked her what needle meant to Arya, and she said Needle reminded Arya of Jon because it was his gift to her. *internal fistpump*

Me: "Oh look it's Edd, you remember Edd."

Her: "Yeah, he hasn't said anything this season. He's just kind of there."

She was gushing about Stannis' nod - more than any other part of the show. She says she has really come around to him and if there was anyone she would bang on the show it would be Stannis. This kind of took me aback and I was like "He's like... 50." "Yeah, but he's Stannis." "You like people who burn others alive?" "I get really hot for... burning people at the stake."

She thought Sansa/Littlefinger outside of Moat Cailin was jarringly CGI. I personally didn't see it. She said in his conversation with Roose that it didn't sound like he was really talking to a person, like he was "standing on a stump" talking to a whole bunch of people.

"This scene with this guy is really strange. [High Septon] ...and we get a bush." Personally, I love this scene because I just find it dark-humor hilarious.

"Is he [Qyburn] still working on the Mountain?"

"I know this guy [Jonathon Pryce], he was in Goldeneye, or one of the James Bond movies."

"How do they these guys know what Dany wears?"

"They don't it's just... it's for the show."

"I see."

"Yeah, in the books none of these people really know what's going on. Hold on a sec. (Looks up Randal mo Eraz on phone) Remember this guy?"

"Yes."

"In the books, he's actually over in Volantis around this time and is trying to gather people to go fight her and he's all 'She bathes in the blood of virgins to preserve her beauty. She's some kind of witch.' They really have no idea what's going on with the dragons, none of this news has gotten over to Westeros. They're just starting to find out about it and they're all like 'oh shit.'"

"That's actually really, more interesting."

"There is no way she [the prostitute] is not getting any action. This part where he can't sleep with her is strange."

"Yeah, they're painting him differently. In the books he kind of errr- rapes this slave kindof servant back in Pentos."

"Oh...*disgusted* I can't see how someone could be raped though by a dwarf. No to be-"

"It's more she is just so used to it that she doesn't fight it or something, even though she doesn't want him. I can't really remember."

"See, he says he's taking her to see the Queen, but what Queen? Cersei? But she's not even the queen, it's Margaery, but she doesn't want Tyrion. Does he mean Dany? DON'T! tell me anything."

I watched last night with a friend. These were second time reactions from her. She watched it back on Sunday.

She didn't understand that the guy going in to the HoBAW was going there for euthanasia. "Noooo, don't drink it!" She thought Jaqen was murdering him in cold blood. I didn't notice this myself, considering I had book knowledge, but if you watch it back there really isn't anyway to tell that he is willingly receiving a gift.

Cersei walking into talk to Margaery and being cowardly confused the crap out of her.

Me: "Yeah, it's not supposed to be like that in the books, etc. etc."

Her: "Yeah..." Then she gave this scrunched up "Do Not Want" face as Cersei began to internally curl up inside onscreen.

"The shots of this kid [Olly] are out of control."

I asked her what needle meant to Arya, and she said Needle reminded Arya of Jon because it was his gift to her. *internal fistpump*

Me: "Oh look it's Edd, you remember Edd."

Her: "Yeah, he hasn't said anything this season. He's just kind of there."

She was gushing about Stannis' nod - more than any other part of the show. She says she has really come around to him and if there was anyone she would bang on the show it would be Stannis. This kind of took me aback and I was like "He's like... 50." "Yeah, but he's Stannis." "You like people who burn others alive?" "I get really hot for... burning people at the stake."

She thought Sansa/Littlefinger outside of Moat Cailin was jarringly CGI. I personally didn't see it. She said in his conversation with Roose that it didn't sound like he was really talking to a person, like he was "standing on a stump" talking to a whole bunch of people.

"This scene with this guy is really strange. [High Septon] ...and we get a bush." Personally, I love this scene because I just find it dark-humor hilarious.

"Is he [Qyburn] still working on the Mountain?"

"I know this guy [Jonathon Pryce], he was in Goldeneye, or one of the James Bond movies."

"How do they these guys know what Dany wears?"

"They don't it's just... it's for the show."

"I see."

"Yeah, in the books none of these people really know what's going on. Hold on a sec. (Looks up Randal mo Eraz on phone) Remember this guy?"

"Yes."

"In the books, he's actually over in Volantis around this time and is trying to gather people to go fight her and he's all 'She bathes in the blood of virgins to preserve her beauty. She's some kind of witch.' They really have no idea what's going on with the dragons, none of this news has gotten over to Westeros. They're just starting to find out about it and they're all like 'oh shit.'"

"That's actually really, more interesting."

"There is no way she [the prostitute] is not getting any action. This part where he can't sleep with her is strange."

"Yeah, they're painting him differently. In the books he kind of errr- rapes this slave kindof servant back in Pentos."

"Oh...*disgusted* I can't see how someone could be raped though by a dwarf. No to be-"

"It's more she is just so used to it that she doesn't fight it or something, even though she doesn't want him. I can't really remember."

"See, he says he's taking her to see the Queen, but what Queen? Cersei? But she's not even the queen, it's Margaery, but she doesn't want Tyrion. Does he mean Dany? DON'T! tell me anything."

:lmao: That sounds like something sati would have said :lol:

(But it's very understandable :leer:)

Archived