'The look'

rozemarijn

What really got me in this episode was the preaching Rhollor priestess and how she looked at Tyrion. She was talking about the dragon queen and saviour and suddenly she sees Tyrion and it is as if she is fascinated by him. They simply stare at each other. I have a feeling she sensed him and I think this is building up for his dragon riding arch.

I mean they know who will ride them and the books are full with Tyrion and dragons, this could be show subtelty.

I interpreted that look entirely differently.

I thought that the look was in reference to Tyrion passing a comment about everyone wanting to meet the saviour. The look was a foreboding - 'saviour, how little you understand, little man. The dragon queen is going to burn the world, not save it.'

"Lion and Griffin.....trust none of them"

The Shadowbinder Quaithe.

That staredown was nothing like an admiring stare. She was more indifferent if anything. I think this was definitely a foreshadowing, but remember the books seem to paint a clear picture that although Tyrion can be useful in his knowledge as George often says since Dany never read the books Jorah gave her, but he is overall bad news for Dany and someone she shouldnt trust.

That staredown was likely referencing just that Tyrion has a role to play in Dany's storyline.

I think the more interesting thing is that the show isnt going away from the Rhillor priests thinking Dany is the savior. So it seems to be a strong indication that Dany will indeed be influenced in some way by Rhillor in the books. Which is bad news for her in terms of Westeros, since the 7 hates Rhillor.

I was wondering about this stare, too. But less about Tyrion's part in it, but how the girl/priestess would spot him and what for?

In the end, it could even be just a lttle dramatic add in the show without huge meaning...

Really cool idea, OP, would love this to be the case.

However I think the show has showed a lot of times that when they do something which appears to us to be a subtle hint, there was nothing to it. I mean look at the whole thing with Talisa and her suspicious letters and weird interactions with Roose - turns out it never meant anything. The show doesn't do subtle. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing - it's often quite practical to make things more obvious for TV given the viewer has less time to pause and take it all in.

Yeah. She senses that Tyrion has a big part to play concerning their "savior".

However I think the show has showed a lot of times that when they do something which appears to us to be a subtle hint, there was nothing to it. I mean look at the whole thing with Talisa and her suspicious letters and weird interactions with Roose - turns out it never meant anything. The show doesn't do subtle. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing - it's often quite practical to make things more obvious for TV given the viewer has less time to pause and take it all in.

I think this was a case of obvious foreshadowing, as well as Moqorro's line in the books.

I interpreted that look entirely differently.

I thought that the look was in reference to Tyrion passing a comment about everyone wanting to meet the saviour. The look was a foreboding - 'saviour, how little you understand, little man. The dragon queen is going to burn the world, not save it.'

yeah, At least in the books, I forsee Dany coming to Westeros and being unpopular and be consumed with Fire and Blood, not save and rebuild. Show Dany, Who the F Knows?

Archived