[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Part 2

teemo

Well, I can tell you, in my humble opinion, 5x04 is ten times better than 5x03. I'm a defender of the Show, and I didn't even like 5x03, but you'll see tonight...5x04 has quite a few extraordinary scenes, very "season 1 feel", if you know what I mean.

I'll watch them later and let you know - but it may well be I'm pretty poisoned with negative criticism now. As a big fan of the Dorne plot, I dread watching the sandsnakes. But I think I can live with many changes as long as they don't create plotholes all over the place or involve ridiculous new two-dimensional characters. If they just avoided that, they could start a Ramsay redemption arc for all I care.

• 3 weeks later...

When Brienne was talking about her ball and all the me there was actually a nice speech and it was nice to see that relationship her memories of Renly talked about again. All I could think was why was her father having a ball for a bunch of Lords who were going to take her to their castle? She's the heiress, she needs someone who'll come and live in her castle, it made no sense to me. She might not be a beauty but she'd still be a very good match for plenty of people considering she's got all of Tarth.

I'm sure plenty of men would laugh at her but I'm sure there are many who would have the brains to realise they'd get real lucky being her husband considering what she brings to the table.

Archived