Biggest complaint.

I just have to say how the holy hell can they cast Areo Hotah without a freakin beard?!? He’s a bearded priest for God sake. That’s an easy cast, just get a guy that can grow a beard, but no instead they blatantly disrespect the fans and GRRM, with total disregard for character back story and fan appreciation.

I can understand that they didnt want to illustrate his backstory,but couldn't they at least let us pretend his backstory still existed? Why do they feel the need to change the character appearance so dramatically?

Give him a damn beard and a damn axe or otherwise rename the character !!! Was it too hard to find and Axe in the prop dept?

This is infuriating.

They rename characters that are almost exactly the same as their book counterpart for no good reason. ie: Asha> Yara pointless. and then keep the name the same to characters they completely reconfigure.

WTF? you're doing it backwards.

anyone else feeling insulted?

I just have to say how the holy hell can they cast Areo Hotah without a freakin beard?!? He’s a bearded priest for God sake. That’s an easy cast, just get a guy that can grow a beard, but no instead they blatantly disrespect the fans and GRRM, with total disregard for character back story and fan appreciation.

I can understand that they didnt want to illustrate his backstory,but couldn't they at least let us pretend his backstory still existed? Why do they feel the need to change the character appearance so dramatically?

Give him a damn beard and a damn axe or otherwise rename the character !!! Was it too hard to find and Axe in the prop dept?

This is infuriating.

They rename characters that are almost exactly the same as their book counterpart for no good reason. ie: Asha> Yara pointless. and then keep the name the same to characters they completely reconfigure.

WTF? you're doing it backwards.

anyone else feeling insulted?

i get the feeling you are ranting just to hear your own voice (so to speak) and there is already a rant thread.

but since i am here i shall respond thus...

no i am not insulted. not much difference between a giant ax and a giant wicked looking spear...and since every other person carries a spear in dorne, it seems fitting. i for one don't care about the back story as much as some do to be sure, so i am not worried about a beardless man.

as for asha's renaming, i think they did it because osha was already an established character and unsullied might have had a hard time knowing which was which, when the names were spoken.

as for every little (big) change being a "blatant insult to fans and grrm" i agree some changes seem unnecessary but i can't see the big picture, i don't have all the facts...perhaps this man they chose was a better actor than all the bearded men who applied...maybe with a full beard you wouldn't be able to see his face clearly enough...maybe they just thought his clean shaven face and wicked spear made him more menacing...no matter really, but to believe that you, as a fan were being targeted for insult is ludicrous...as for grrm, i am sure if he was feeling insulted he would have said so by now...

Archived