The show will skip 'for the watch'

Well in a cast news conference or comiccon, Kit answered a question, and he answered I want to be a warg, people laughed and one of the show runners said season 6, so I think the stabbing is on, Olly will be one, maybe Thorne.

I can't see the show passing up a cliffhanger like 'for the watch'.

But, with the lack of characters developed in the show, I think it might be Olly acting alone getting vengeance for Jon letting the wildlings through the wall. The stabbing alone will shock tv viewers, I think they will pass up a civil war type scenario within the Night's Watch. There will be enough drama and fall out with someone trying to establish control with the wildlings south of the wall after Jon's stabbing without extra politics.

I think the stabbing happens, but I don't think it'll be a cliffhanger. I think its either early season 6 or it happens this season and we see what happens next.

If Jon just recovered from his wounds on his own then I could maybe see it skipped, but because I suspect it will lead to a major change in him (longterm warging, or being a R'hllor-baby, or going blue-eyes, or something else) I think it definitely needs to happen.

I would be very uneasy if they went with the stabbing and the aftermath this season. It is one thing to make changes, leave bits out or make minor spoilers, and quite another thing to spoil one of the biggest cliffhangers in the books. They have the chance to end the season with it to allow GRRM time to get the next book out before next season. I predict a lot of angry fans if they deliberately spoil this one.

I would be very uneasy if they went with the stabbing and the aftermath this season. It is one thing to make changes, leave bits out or make minor spoilers, and quite another thing to spoil one of the biggest cliffhangers in the books. They have the chance to end the season with it to allow GRRM time to get the next book out before next season. I predict a lot of angry fans if they deliberately spoil this one.

It would get spoilt anyway. They could not possibly keep undercover that Kit Harrington is part of Season 6.

Is it? Does anyone really believe Jon is dead?

I wish........

I didn't like the resurrection themes. Questionably has Melisandre got the same talents as Thoros?

Maybe he joins his uncle as a wight, or his step mom as zombie, becoming snowight. Not like the direwolf can fire a bow or speak, then again who knows? Jon wasn't Bran.

The stuff walkers are made out of, well, you got have good zombies as well I suppose..

Is it? Does anyone really believe Jon is dead?

What everyone believes and what actually happens are potentially two different things.

Its one of the biggest cliffhangers because it has generated a lot of discussion, even if it is fairly one sided. Fans are invested in it and I think it would be a shame if it was revealed on the show rather than in the books.

What everyone believes and what actually happens are potentially two different things.

Its one of the biggest cliffhangers because it has generated a lot of discussion, even if it is fairly one sided. Fans are invested in it and I think it would be a shame if it was revealed on the show rather than in the books.

Not really the biggest cliffhanger.

The Starks have warg abilities Arya, Bran, Jon, i think both Rob and Sansa dreamed of their wolves, I cannot say about Rickon. Stark kings had Wolves alongside their graves. Only Bran had fully mastered his warg abilities. Jon wolf was also quite locked up. Melisandre a priestess of R'hllor could have Thoros abilities. Then again there is also the Others

Either way it won't be a shocking get out of jail free, or death.

The only question I will be asking is how the wall comes down

I'm thinking that the Sansa chapter was released as a peace offering so that book fans would know that the Sansa/LF plot is in no way connected to what is taking place in the show.

Think of the heartburn, indigestion, nail biting, hair pulling that is going on about the Jon Snow assassination attempt. No win situation. If HBO does it, it is going to be totally fictious or spill out a few gains of truth. No win.

They gonna do it whether this or next season,but it will there...with a bit different events leading to the stabbing.This whole thing with Olly and the way he looks on Jon whenever he mentioned Widlings,free folk(it's rather too obvious) and remember that scene with Jon/Davos about Boltons.Jon said that he need to stay clear of politics of Seven Kingdoms.Davos said:maybe,for now.

It would get spoilt anyway. They could not possibly keep undercover that Kit Harrington is part of Season 6.

Of course they could.It's tough but not impossible thing to do...like some people present here.

Just because Kit is in Season 6 wouldn't mean Jon Snow lives, remember when Charles Dance made a comment about being in Season 5? Tywin is still dead.

• 3 weeks later...

After last night the stabling makes a lot more sense. Jon is going to rattled to hell by what he just witnessed and should be on edge and terrified. Once he gets the Pink Letter he should be in a mindset to just say, screw tradition and due process, time to go all out.

Archived