Cleganebowl 2.0

It might seem like stupid spectaculations so bear with me😅

According to the Gravedigger theory, Sandor is at the Quiet Isle as a novice monk for the Seven.

Cersei'a champion is most probably Robert Stronng aka Headless Gregor and the Faith's champion hasn't been decided yet.

The last time the Hound was seen in KL, he abandoned his king so I think he's to be executed the moment he reaches KL again UNLESS he fought as a random monk hiding his face.

Until now, the Cleganebowl has hardly any supporting evidence other than it'd be so badass lol so yea, what do you think?

No. It's much nicer to know Sandor's story has reached a peaceful conclusion. His character was a bitter, unforgiving man. The gravedigger sandor however is at peace, hopefully not feeling the need for revenge or fighting, which you can say rotted him.

Some people will know and some won't. I prefer it this way.

Plus the new hound is supposedly a rapist, who's killing people left to right plus sacking and burning towns. Why on earth would the high sparrow want him to champion the faith?

You might think it's great for him to be at peace but he is being blamed for all these terrible things that are happening and it's terrible when he's actually one of the only decent people plus he's a badass and needs to smash a few frey heads

People who are truly happy with themselves and their life don't need to be exonerated for something they know they didn't do.

I don't think the Clegane bowl is going to happen, at least down in KL with Sandor being the faith's champion. But, I do think there is a very good chance that Sandor will return to the story. Not only do we get the clues that Sandor is alive at the Quiet Isle, but his name gets mentioned awfully a lot for a character that is allegedly out of the story. If I recall correctly, his named is mentioned or references are made to him in 1) Jaime's Chapters, 2) Cersei's chapters, 3) Brienne's, 4) Even one of Dany's while she is in Mereen, 5) if I remember correctly, in a Davos Chapter, and 5) of course in Sansa's Chapters.

Allegedly, according to some, it would be "better literature" if Sandor spent the rest of his days on the QI singing frickin Kumbaya. I don't know if that would be "better literature" or not, but it sounds like some hippie horseshit to me. I think it's interesting that some people that hold the view that it would better if Sandor never fought again, seemingly can't wait to see their favorite characters ride dragons and fight wars against other people and the Others. Hmm. Sounds a bit hypocritical.

I don't think the Clegane bowl is going to happen, at least down in KL with Sandor being the faith's champion. But, I do think there is a very good chance that Sandor will return to the story. Not only do we get the clues that Sandor is alive at the Quiet Isle, but his name gets mentioned awfully a lot for a character that is allegedly out of the story. If I recall correctly, his named is mentioned or references are made to him in 1) Jaime's Chapters, 2) Cersei's chapters, 3) Brienne's, 4) Even one of Dany's while she is in Mereen, 5) if I remember correctly, in a Davos Chapter, and 5) of course in Sansa's Chapters.

Allegedly, according to some, it would be "better literature" if Sandor spent the rest of his days on the QI singing frickin Kumbaya. I don't know if that would be "better literature" or not, but it sounds like some hippie horseshit to me. I think it's interesting that some people that hold the view that it would better if Sandor never fought again, seemingly can't wait to see their favorite characters ride dragons and fight wars against other people and the Others. Hmm. Sounds a bit hypocritical.

:agree:

Even if he never leaves Quiet Isle the war won't necessarily leave the place alone. Several possibilities could happen from him simply deciding to leave, or the QI coming under attack, most likely from Ironborn ships.

I think it's interesting that some people that hold the view that it would better if Sandor never fought again, seemingly can't wait to see their favorite characters ride dragons and fight wars against other people and the Others. Hmm. Sounds a bit hypocritical.

Because sandor had been riddled with hatred and revenge. So much it had caused him to turn bitter and cruel, also losing his "gentler" side by doing some pretty nasty shit. That's why it would be better for him to stay where he is, because where he is he can find some sort of forgiveness and closure.

His history and views doesn't apply other characters. It could only be considered hypocritical if there was an identical copy of sandors character and I wanted completely opposite things for him/her because I liked that character better.

:agree:

Even if he never leaves Quiet Isle the war won't necessarily leave the place alone. Several possibilities could happen from him simply deciding to leave, or the QI coming under attack, most likely from Ironborn ships.

Yeah, seriously, I don't know why people presume the QI will remain untouched by war, particularly when the Others begin their invasion. If the Others are the great threat to humanity, people like Sandor are going to be needed. He'd serve humanity better by fighting them, rather than singing Kumbaya.

Because sandor had been riddled with hatred and revenge. So much it had caused him to turn bitter and cruel, also losing his "gentler" side by doing some pretty nasty shit. That's why it would be better for him to stay where he is, because where he is he can find some sort of forgiveness and closure.

His history and views doesn't apply other characters. It could only be considered hypocritical if there was an identical copy of sandors character and I wanted completely opposite things for him/her because I liked that character better.

But it is not being a soldier per se that has made Sandor so bitter. It's what was done to him by his brother and the hypocrisy of knighthood. See the thing is that there is a part of Sandor that likes being a "knight" for lack of a better term. For instance, he takes a great deal of pride in how his grandfather saved Lord Tytos.

In short, just becoming a hippie isn't going to make Sandor lose the revenge he wants to inflict upon his brother or deal with some of this other issues. As far as Sandor "doing nasty shit", well he's certainly no Brienne, Davos, Jon Snow, Sansa Stark, or Ned, but compared to other some other character's antics cough, cough, cough, Stannis, Tyrion, and Dany, I don't think he comes off too badly. I do recognize that Sandor does have some issues he needs to work through.

I see Sandor as already having faced two of his big issues; Gregor and fire. In the Hand's Tourney, he fought Gregor and chose not to kill him. Now if King Robert hadn't stopped that fight, that might of changed as Sandor would need to defend himself and that might of entailed killing his brother. But as Ned noted, he didn't strike at Gregor's bare head and he certainly could have. So did Sandor really want to kill his brother? Or just the idea of it is what he liked?

The other issue is facing fire. He faced fire when he fought Beric Dondarrion and he won. He won even tho' his shield and arm had caught fire, so he knows he can brave fire when he needs to.

Also, what the Elder Brother told about was the Hound, and the Hound is dead. It is Sandor who is healing on the QI. The EB told us that Sandor was 'at rest' not at peace, and his action of throwing dirt at Bri's feet tells me the man is not 'at peace.'

Bri and party brought the world to the QI for a bit. Will that brief glimpse of the world go to work on Sandor and start the process of bringing him back?

I also like the idea of the characters animals 'speaking' for their owners. Many fans, myself included, accept this with the direwolves, so when we see Stranger kicking up a fuss and wanting to leave, and Septon Meribald saying when Dog barked "See, even Dog was bored." I pay attention.

edt; The last thing is, Ser Robert Strong is not Gregor Clegane. Gregor is dead and RS is an undead, reanimated abomination.

Wow. That just made my day! Any idea where I can find this quote from GRRM ?

the one i was thinking of was actually from an old thread on this forum, where grrm read a dance chapter http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/27418-pre-adwd-spoilers-jon-3-but-actually-jon-1/?hl=hound

Oh, and for the Hound fans, GRRM pretty much said that he was alive, saying 'it will be very interesting to finish his story, since he is such a grey character.

Archived