[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

preview of next week is in fact the backup to that celebrity "flesh". The wedding and Sansa in the tub is shown in the preview. OMG, it is going to make me sick all week. I wish littlefinger would die of greyscale, then flayed.

Sansa really has no choice at all in this situation. Even if she said no to Littlefinger and said let's turn the horses around, how quick would his facade break and his cruelty be revealed? Remember when Ros was upset and he told her that story about a girl that cried all the time and lost him money. He sold her to a cruel man that did terrible things to her. How soon would that same story be told to Sansa if she hadn't went with his plans? Again, how much consent does a woman really have in this medieval society especially when she has no kin supporting her, she is surrounded by enemies, and she is deemed property by men? This is legalized rape because women are deemed the property of their husbands to do whatever they want whenever they want. Catelyn was lucky to marry an honorable man that wanted a woman as a partner and not a sex slave. However, many women in Westeros are not lucky and endure marital rape and violence on a daily basis. Just because this is accepted in their society doesn't mean that it isn't rape. Sansa will be raped by Ramsay because she has no say and no rights once she marries him. He will not be supportive or chivalrous. He will take what he wants in probably a brutal way and that will be traumatizing for her.

I actually hope this huge misstep with Sansa will create a big backlash for the show. Maybe they will finally have more equal representation of women directors and writers so that a woman's story isn't made into this train wreck again. This storyline is so sexist and cynical I just can't take it.

I actually hope this huge misstep with Sansa will create a big backlash for the show. Maybe they will finally have more equal representation of women directors and writers so that a woman's story isn't made into this train wreck again. This storyline is so sexist and cynical I just can't take it.

Agree. I think the sausage scene was a terrible addition by D&W. Unsullied (that I know at least) look to that scene as comic relief instead of how sinister the character is.

Preston and Steve? I listened to that too.. following along with LOST was one of the best fan tv show watching experiences I can recall.

Too bad they fucked it up at the end...

This was last week but I wanted to bring up this point again after the new episode aired to point out that my Unsullied friends LOVE Ramsay and find him hilarious (especially after the Fat Walda remarks). I couldn't even begin to explain to them how finding Ramsay entertaining and hilarious is the complete opposite of the point of his character, and why time spent on dumb moments like that cheapen the show/characters and take time away from more important plots.

This was last week but I wanted to bring up this point again after the new episode aired to point out that my Unsullied friends LOVE Ramsay and find him hilarious (especially after the Fat Walda remarks). I couldn't even begin to explain to them how finding Ramsay entertaining and hilarious is the complete opposite of the point of his character, and why time spent on dumb moments like that cheapen the show/characters and take time away from more important plots.

Thank you. The scene two weeks ago too where they tried to make Ramsay seem apathetic toward Sansa when talking with LF ("I'll take good care of her" or whatever he said) bothered me also. There are legitimate fan girls of this guy.

Hopefully if Sansa takes the role of fArya that'll put an end to all of this stupid fandom for a total heel/what should be black and white character.

Archived