[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

And again show me where it is written in stone that daughter comes before uncle...because there would be no debate if that were the case lol

I dunno how many times I need to repeat this but it's brothers that's the question. Balon's daughter is Asha, his brothers are Euron, Aeron and Victarion. His uncles are dead or don't matter. Tywin's daughter is Cersei, his brother is Kevan, his uncles are dead. Rickard Karstark's daughter his Alys, his UNCLE is Arnold, thus he has no right to inherit.

Hmmmm, maybe a little hint about a certain character we like. The Bronn and Jaime scene. In Blackwater, Bronn told Sandor all you want to do is put one of us in the ground. In this episode, Bronn has blood on half of his face and pets a black horse, talks about beasts and birds, wipes blood off his sword, and starts digging graves (and says that's going to take a while).

that's interesting....nice catch. although seems a little sophisticated for D&D

“A son comes before an uncle by all the laws I know… A daughter comes before an uncle too. If her brother is dead, Karhold belongs to Lady Alys. And she has given her hand in marriage to Sigorn, Magnar of Thenn.” (JON X)

Boom. Debate over. Drops mic, etc

uhm again that is not her father's brother but her fathers uncle...also It will make the Magnar of Thenns a new noble house in the North if Harrion is killed....

I dunno how many times I need to repeat this but it's brothers that's the question. Balon's daughter is Asha, his brothers are Euron, Aeron and Victarion. His uncles are dead or don't matter. Tywin's daughter is Cersei, his brother is Kevan, his uncles are dead. Rickard Karstark's daughter his Alys, his UNCLE is Arnold, thus he has no right to inherit.

were talking about the same thing.... the daughter or the daughters uncle...ie the lords brother.... not the lords uncle..

LOL That sounds like a travesty and train wreck of a rating/review, sooooooooooooo, where is it? LOL, I'm nosy. :lmao:

Pretty much the whole 'Rate This Ep' thread!

Good readin', and soooooo tempting to chime in (but that would be literally reviewing reviews and I'm not sure how I feel about that)

were talking about the same thing.... the daughter or the daughters uncle...ie the lords brother.... not the lords uncle..

Again no, the quote was about Arnolf Karstark, the lords uncle, not the lords brother.

I love how all the show "haters" who endlessly criticize D&D nevertheless watch every episode. I would even say they watch with baited breath, but I am not really sure what baited breath means...

Go away

Not in the quote given. Jon's saw Alys as the rightful heir on the grounds that Arnold was Rickards uncle, thus the daughters granduncle. She explicietly had to clarify this to him.

Again no, the quote was about Arnolf Karstark, the lords uncle, not the lords brother.

right... I believe because he was the Lord uncle the daughter of the Lord comes first... but the Brother of the lord would come first over the Lords daughter is the debate.

All this 'daughters before uncles' and 'sons before aunts' and 'uncles before grandfathers' is starting to sound like something out of a Monty Python skit. :lmao:

Hmmmm, maybe a little hint about a certain character we like. The Bronn and Jaime scene. In Blackwater, Bronn told Sandor all you want to do is put one of us in the ground. In this episode, Bronn has blood on half of his face and pets a black horse, talks about beasts and birds, wipes blood off his sword, and starts digging graves (and says that's going to take a while).

That would be great but do you really think the show runners are capable of such foreshadowing and hints. From what we've seen I don't think so. They're not Martin by a loooong stretch

A

I love how all the show "haters" who endlessly criticize D&D nevertheless watch every episode. I would even say they watch with baited breath, but I am not really sure what baited breath means...

I love how so many haters of this thread nevertheless keep flocking to it.

right... I believe because he was the Lord uncle the daughter of the Lord comes first... but the Brother of the lord would come first over the Lords daughter is the debate.

Yes, and that's what we're debating.

Nobody has found a good example yet.

I've given the Shireen/Renly example, but it was in exceptional circumstances. Same for the Asha/Euron example.

We could also take the example of Myrcella, who must be the heir if Tommen dies, but her uncle Stannis has been declared as a rebel, so it doesn't works either.

Archived