(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

Your weekly Positive Nitpicking thread is here. What did you like? I thought that this was a great episode:

1. "You know nothing, Jon Snow"

2. The Tourney at Harrenhall!!!

3. More information about Rhaegar

4. NO SER BARRISTAN!!!

5. Stannis the awesome father

6. "What a waste of a good kidnapping"

What about you? Also, remember to stay on-topic. Thanks!

Pretty much the same here.

Shireen/Stannis scene...best scene so far in this season

Finally some stories about Rhaegar and Lyanna.A bit of history lesson there.R+L=J is basically 99,9% thing in the show.

Ser Barristan and Grey Worm fight was so badass.

"You know nothing Jon Snow" and Jon's reaction.

And nice Stannis/Selyse scene...perhaps,but that wasn't Ned Stark's way.

Stannis/Shireen tearjerker scene

Barristan/Greyworm vs the sons of the Harpy

R + L = J hints (the tourney at Harrenhal, Rhaegar's backstory, What Stannis said about Ned that it wasn't his way to cheat and Melissandre hinting Jon's king's blood)

King's landing stuff. Poor Tommen.

I very much liked the delivery of 'You know nothing Jon Snow'. Combined with Tyrion getting the stare down from the Red Priestess last week, I think the show is foreshadowing some interesting things.

Why all the fear for Shireen? What about Stannis? Anyone that wholehearted has to be endanger of death in this universe :D

Ok I had plenty to bitch about this season in terms of plot points and character development, but you just have to pay tribute to the action sequences. Both Jaime and Bronn's fight with the Dornishmen and Barristan's sendoff(?) were highly authentic and wonderfully thrilling. And I love that they made Barristan slow but incredibly strong, which is how it actually would have been (better than the allusions in the book that he was still streets ahead of a normal young man).

Jorah socking Tyrion was kinda awesome ngl. I still hate Jorah though.

Stannis/Shireen. Goes without saying that this was the high point of the episode.

It was nice to get a bunch of R+L stuff going on. Stannis' face..."That wasnt Ned Stark's way." Bruh. Stannis face speaks volumes.

Sansa having a moment with Lyanna's figure there was nice. I kinda was hoping to see her in front of Ned's statue but alas. I feel like Sansa was trying to honor her family and even draw strength from them. Up until LF came to creep, that scene was ok.

Jaime's hand block was kinda bamf.

Jorah socking Tyrion was kinda awesome ngl. I still hate Jorah though.

Stannis/Shireen. Goes without saying that this was the high point of the episode.

It was nice to get a bunch of R+L stuff going on. Stannis' face..."That wasnt Ned Stark's way." Bruh. Stannis face speaks volumes.

Sansa having a moment with Lyanna's figure there was nice. I kinda was hoping to see her in front of Ned's statue but alas. I feel like Sansa was trying to honor her family and even draw strength from them. Up until LF came to creep, that scene was ok.

Jaime's hand block was kinda bamf.

That hand block was a definite high point on this episode.

A lot of amazing scenes this episode.

The Stannis and Shireen scene nearly made me cry.

I've hated Dany and her acting for 4 seasons. However the scene with Barristan was spectacular. Why can't she act like that all the time.

Tyrion and Jorah scene was fantastic as well.

The decision from whomever to make Littlefinger speak like a human and not a deranged throat sore maniac screaming "IAMTHEVILLAIN" has been fantastic. Best I've seen from Gillen since S1 which he was great in. He's hitting it perfectly this season. Props to Kit Harrington. He's been fantastic this year (coming from a hater). Stannis-Shireen was another nice scene, she's such an expressive young actress.

Shireen&Stannis. Also, obviously they're going to do something with greyscale, as it's come up every episode, I think.

Margaery is calling Oleanna. I love Oleanna, and want her back.

Liked the meeting between the sparrows and Tommen. That poor kid is not long for this world.

Thank gods LF has a plan. Well, it's more of a gamble, but it's something. Also, I', very glad they're turning LF remotely human.

Re Meereen: two down, many more to go, but if Jorah and Tyrion bring greyscale to Meereen...there's hope.

btw am I allowed to nitpick here? The sand snakes were terrible, awful, horrible, embarrassment to actors everywhere, etc.

Props to Kit Harrington. He's been fantastic this year (coming from a hater).

Kit Harrington is finally acting, isn't he? Perhaps he finally has some scenes to act in?

I'd given up on him as one of those kind of pretty boy actors that is all about selling films to teenage girls and nothing about actual acting, until this season.

Archived