[Book Spoilers] Likely Hizdahr zo Loraq is secretely behind the Sons of the Harpy?

In the show he probably is though I don't think he is in the books. We don't have any other Meeren (excluding that sneaky whore) that can be the harpy.

I heard a theory somewhere where someone thought that Yezzan would be the harpy

Hidazhr is just too slimy and his little speech about opening the training pits this episode coinciding with the Harpy!Outbreak was too big a coincidence. I think he's definitely behind it, using the SotH to cause chaos when his diplomatic appeals don't work.

Hidazhr is just too slimy and his little speech about opening the training pits this episode coinciding with the Harpy!Outbreak was too big a coincidence. I think he's definitely behind it, using the SotH to cause chaos when his diplomatic appeals don't work.

Exactly my thoughts as well. This episode was pretty fond of jump-cuts revealing stuff...and this was one of the most obvious ones there.

Looking back, how is it not obvious? Dany gets destroyed by the Sons of Harpies attacks, marries Hizdar, and then they suddenly stop? It seems like at the very least he's obviously involved.

Exactly my thoughts as well. This episode was pretty fond of jump-cuts revealing stuff...and this was one of the most obvious ones there.

Looking back, how is it not obvious? Dany gets destroyed by the Sons of Harpies attacks, marries Hizdar, and then they suddenly stop? It seems like at the very least he's obviously involved.

In the books I think Hizdahr probably isn't the top guy associated with SotH, but he's involved with them, as a representative of their interests. They use him to try and win political power in Meereen through Dany as a Plan A/B. But then the Fighting Pits happen and Hizdahr gets called on his shadiness, so he's going to be watched closely by guys like Barristan.

In the show he's likely a bigger part, considering the show doesn't have the time for it to be any more complex than that.

In the books I'm not sure the Harpy as our characters imagines even exists. It feels like a populist movement created from Dany's rule rather than a single dude/madam drumming up a rebellion to oppose Dany's antislavery utopia.

In the show, I'm getting the feeling Hizdahr is involved and the Green Grace (Meereenese Prostutite) is his rebellious sister, or of some relationship/connection to Hizdahr. I suspect Hizdahr is going to reveal himself as the Harpy in Daznak and have her forces surrounded. Dany tells everyone to stand down, but then Hidzahr starts coughing and choking to death on poisoned locusts (Strong Belwas ain't in the box to save your ass this time). As Hizzy gets dizzy, the Harpies attack everyone and it's chaos.

In the show,I think Hizdar and Daario are working together on the Harpy operation.

I got suspicious in the 2nd episode when Daario conveniently finds that Harpy guy in the house,he even asks Grey Worm if he found any harpy before this one( while it was almost mocking him,there was a certain doubt in his mind too).

When Barristan asks Danerys to question the harpy and get information,its none other than Daario who springs up to say that he has got nothing to say and questioned him thoroughly.

During Mossador's execution,Hizdar comments that they should've had taken the traitor's head and be done with it,Daario replies that same should be done with Hizdar [ this could be because Daario does not like him,or he knows Hizdar is a traitor too ]

In the books I'm not sure the Harpy as our characters imagines even exists. It feels like a populist movement created from Dany's rule rather than a single dude/madam drumming up a rebellion to oppose Dany's antislavery utopia.

In the show, I'm getting the feeling Hizdahr is involved and the Green Grace (Meereenese Prostutite) is his rebellious sister, or of some relationship/connection to Hizdahr. I suspect Hizdahr is going to reveal himself as the Harpy in Daznak and have her forces surrounded. Dany tells everyone to stand down, but then Hidzahr starts coughing and choking to death on poisoned locusts (Strong Belwas ain't in the box to save your ass this time). As Hizzy gets dizzy, the Harpies attack everyone and it's chaos.

The Barristan actor said on Thronecast that he thought it was a movement of the Meereenese nobles rather than a plot by one particular person so that might be what the show are going for as well.

Hizdahr's definitely in on it, but I doubt that he's some sort of organizing mind. I assume that will be made clear when the Sons of the Harpy descend on Daznak's Pit as shown in the trailer and Hizdahr peaces out.

I'm pretty sure Daario isn't involved. You can see him skirmishing with one of the Sons of the Harpy in Daznak's Pit in the trailer, which he wouldn't need to do if like Hizdahr he believed that Dany was done for.

I can't help but think that show Daario is involved with the shot calling for the SotH. He's clearly into Dany but he's been in a couple conspicuous spots, as Hedge Knight detailed above... I'm not sure what his end game is but I definitely don't think he truly has her best interests at heart.

At this point, I wonder if they even need the marriage sub-plot.

I'd be happy if they did away with it altogether, or at the very least kill Hizzy quickly if they do marry, because I want her returning with Drogon to the Dothraki a single, strong woman.

Archived