Best videogame soundtracks

Grissom

Deus Ex. Not HR, the first one. Kickass main theme, good atmospheric background pieces, decent combat...man, its so good, even if Hong Kong is a little...uh yeah. Here's the full OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJl8t55yFbw

For a single song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUINujrrwY Ransacked from Wolfenstein: The New Order is pretty damn good, especially in context.

Is chrono cross good? I played chrono trigger and I loved but this one seems too different...

I absolutely loved Chrono Cross. Then again, I was one of the few people that played it BEFORE Chrono Trigger. I don't understand why there are some who don't like it. I think maybe it's a bit like Zelda 2....it's a good game in its own right, but the die hard fans who were expecting a sequel....there could be no living up to their expectations. Kind of in the way sometimes there will be a sequel to a good movie...and the sequel will actually be pretty decent if taken objectively, but people will never accept it due to the original. Or a band that comes out with an awesome debut album...they may release other albums afterwards, but everybody will always look at everything else as trash because their original album was just the best!

My advice is that you should definitely play the game. The battle system is good. Turn based like final fantasy, but not many combo moves(if any) like Chrono Trigger. There is more to the battle system though than simply being turned based...it has to do with elements and lining up spells for the maximum effect, so it uses some strategy. The story does revolve around time, though in a different way than Chrono trigger. It's more like you go between two different worlds, but at the same time in each world...the two worlds are different because the future is different in one world due to an event happening which didn't happen in the original world...thus a time split. Later in the game the story line then brings in Chrono Trigger a bit and stuff about alternate realities. It's a good story line, though a tad confusing. Lastly, the game has a lot of replay value. There are dozens of characters that are playable depending on the choices you make...i.e. the paths you take in the game. You will like it.

Yeah Chrono Cross is great, just don't go in expecting a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger. There are connections between the games, but it's not really a continuation of that story.

I can't really think of the best video game soundtrack off the top of my head, but all these years later I sometimes find myself humming the FFVII overworld theme. Fallout 3 and to a lesser extent New Vegas also gave me an appreciation of those old timey songs.

I second this, altho it's now known as Final Fantasy 6.

The Final Fantasy series has always been known for putting together great soundtracks that fit the mood. Some better than others, but most of the time they nail it. FF6 was definitely one of the best.

So many soundtracks i loved over there years, Gonna definately reply to this thread.

Final Fantasy 3 for Super Nintendo, if I heard any of those songs now I'd probly cry

Yeah definately. Here is a good one to make you cry :P

[post=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzPDsBNtsw]Forever Rachel

I also collect orchestrated and remastered soundtracks and this one sounds great from FF3

[post=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAx-roc295g]Remaster Final Battle FF3

Legend of Zelda... they're all so good but I guess I'll pick Ocarina of Time

So many soundtracks i loved over the years, Gonna definitely reply to this thread. (EDIT) Forgive the bad links... Just copy the html part. Dont know what you guys are using for linkage since im nooby.

Final Fantasy 3 for Super Nintendo, if I heard any of those songs now I'd probly cry

Yessss!. Here is a good one to make you cry :P

[post=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzPDsBNtsw]Forever Rachel

I also collect orchestrated and remastered soundtracks and this one sounds great from FF3

[post=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAx-roc295g]Remaster Final Battle FF3

Legend of Zelda... they're all so good but I guess I'll pick Ocarina of Time

Yeah that is an amazing piece and really gets you going for that game. Still i cant find the music between the Suicide Mission CG sequence and the boss. Specifically the three phases where you battle from the ship to the Boss. Anyone have that?

Two other songs that I like from that part of the game are: Infiltration, which plays when your tech guy has to go through the tubes, and The Long Walk, when you have one of your biotics protecting you from the bugs.

I absolutely loved Chrono Cross. Then again, I was one of the few people that played it BEFORE Chrono Trigger. I don't understand why there are some who don't like it. I think maybe it's a bit like Zelda 2....it's a good game in its own right, but the die hard fans who were expecting a sequel....there could be no living up to their expectations. Kind of in the way sometimes there will be a sequel to a good movie...and the sequel will actually be pretty decent if taken objectively, but people will never accept it due to the original. Or a band that comes out with an awesome debut album...they may release other albums afterwards, but everybody will always look at everything else as trash because their original album was just the best!

My advice is that you should definitely play the game. The battle system is good. Turn based like final fantasy, but not many combo moves(if any) like Chrono Trigger. There is more to the battle system though than simply being turned based...it has to do with elements and lining up spells for the maximum effect, so it uses some strategy. The story does revolve around time, though in a different way than Chrono trigger. It's more like you go between two different worlds, but at the same time in each world...the two worlds are different because the future is different in one world due to an event happening which didn't happen in the original world...thus a time split. Later in the game the story line then brings in Chrono Trigger a bit and stuff about alternate realities. It's a good story line, though a tad confusing. Lastly, the game has a lot of replay value. There are dozens of characters that are playable depending on the choices you make...i.e. the paths you take in the game. You will like it.

Oh man, that seems interesting, unfortunately the game doesn't seem to be on PSN... I would like to support the artists, so that kinda sucks.

Also I want to add bloodborne's OST to the list! Because why not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sr349qR9s8

Archived