Goodkind XIII

Xray the Enforcer

Considering our recent posting trends (and noble writing endeavors), I think we've all be a bit "touched by Tairy." May I suggest keeping away from any hatchets laying about?

A special shout-out to Stego, who has a truly great avatar these days.

ETA: Just wanted to explain the title for those who didn't read to the end of the last thread. The opening track -- a 6-minute cacophony -- on the new album by indie rawk gods Yo La Tengo is titled "Pass the Hatchet, I think I'm Goodkind."

I've been saving this for the start of the new thread - it's Article Three of the Geneva Convention. A point for each time you can point out one of the "good" guys breaking it...

Article 3

In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(B) Taking of hostages;

© Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

2. The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for.

An impartial humanitarian body, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, may offer its services to the Parties to the conflict.

The Parties to the conflict should further endeavour to bring into force, by means of special agreements, all or part of the other provisions of the present Convention.

The application of the preceding provisions shall not affect the legal status of the Parties to the conflict.

Siento molestado por Goodkind :sick:

Then again, I hear it is a common experience of those who've been "touched" by Tairy and his minions ;)

And what's the over/under for pseudo-North Koreans appearing in the last SoT book? ;)

I haven't checked the past few days of XII to see if any have already posted this, but just in case none have seen it yet...

I present to you, Tairy on Myspace!

Tairy FTW? ;)

Would you really want mystar representing you, given the choice? I mean... I don't want to seem mean or harsh or cruel or anything, but... I guess at least there's been some more judicious use of a spell-checker for the myspace page?

Would you really want mystar representing you, given the choice? I mean... I don't want to seem mean or harsh or cruel or anything, but... I guess at least there's been some more judicious use of a spell-checker for the myspace page?

Mystar is actually an appropriate representative, given the content of the Badkind's books. Anyone who has followed the wikiwars can see clearly the hilariously inept right-wing-inspired tactics he uses for "debate" ie slander, paranoia and propaganda.

See, people, the problem with your threads is that they are too funny.

I have never read a single line of Goodkind. But I feel compelled to do so just to understand Goodkind $i. In some twisted sense, this thread is the best advertisement for Goodkind on the planet. (Yes, and I am sure that proves his genius.)

Are there sentient trees in it?

You can get mod bras now? I'm quite disturbed by this, do they resemble a War Wizard outfit in any way?

ETA: Happy Ent, I don't believe Goodkind has ever considered trees to be sentient, so you're far better off without him.

I think there was a tree that Kahlan lived in mortal fear of being raped by. But I think it was just a normal tree. Kahlan has issues.

See, I don't even know if you're joking. But yeah, if TG (BBNC) did ever put in some sentient trees, they would probably try to rape Kahlan.

[mod bra] Just remember, folks, that we're talking about Goodkind and his books, not about Mystar. [/mod]

:hanging my head in shame: sorry. I won't do it again.

I can't remember why TG doesn't allow himself to be connected to the Interweb, though. Does he not wish to be soiled by contact with the outside world?

There ARE *magic* trees. Undead-like whisp light-thingeys live in them that are killed by too much light, like fire. Of course, they're rather late in the story.

Flipside, early in the first book is the horrible murder of an innoffensive, noble tree just to prove a point.

Flipside-flipside, there's quite a bit of tree-setting in the books, esp. "wayward pines."

Oh, and the main character starts, and desperately wants to return to, being a woods guide- at least early on. If that matters.

But yes, the tree would want to rape Kahlan. After several chapters establishing how it likes to bash the brains out of saplings to show how evil it is.

I'm somewhat late to this thread, but in keeping with the theme about Kahlan's issues, could one not make a case for the term "Pillars of Creation" as being something else that might want to rape her?

Who says there was a choice?

Archived