Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: To Kill a Mockingbird

Greywolf2375

Off topic to the last episode a little - one of the things Will said was difficult was that all the equipment they were sent with was set to be powered via solar energy but they were SOL on that planet (no pun intended...ok, it was).  So my question is this - and maybe it was answered previously - if there was no solar energy, how were they able to see?  in my simple mind, since they were able to see, there was light...if there was light, there was solar.  Right?  Or is there something I'm missing?

And I'm definitely looking forward to Agent Carter coming back on, enjoyed the first go round and hope this one is as entertaining.

Off topic to the last episode a little - one of the things Will said was difficult was that all the equipment they were sent with was set to be powered via solar energy but they were SOL on that planet (no pun intended...ok, it was).  So my question is this - and maybe it was answered previously - if there was no solar energy, how were they able to see?  in my simple mind, since they were able to see, there was light...if there was light, there was solar.  Right?  Or is there something I'm missing?

And I'm definitely looking forward to Agent Carter coming back on, enjoyed the first go round and hope this one is as entertaining.

There was light (sunlight reflected from the moons), but it wasn't enough to power the equipment. Ever tried using one of those old solar powered calculators (one without batteries) in less than ideal lighting conditions? Even if it's still bright enough to see the device, that doesn't guarantee it'll work.

There was light (sunlight reflected from the moons), but it wasn't enough to power the equipment. Ever tried using one of those old solar powered calculators (one without batteries) in less than ideal lighting conditions? Even if it's still bright enough to see the device, that doesn't guarantee it'll work.

yeah, I guess I just expected more out of what NASA would be able to provide.

They didn't know they were going to be sacrifices; they might have gotten a tad suspicious if told to go through with no equipment. Also, Hydra did want them to survive and find a way back, to show the way for the creature.

• 4 weeks later...

ABC have ordered a 'Most Wanted' pilot. http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/abc-orders-agents-of-shield-spinoff-marvels-most-wanted-to-pilot

Although I think they're wrong about Agents returning on the 8th of March, Carter should be running until the 15th, so Agents would then follow on the 22nd, which would put it after Daredevil S2.

I like Hunter and Bobby well enough when they're on screen, but I tend to forget they're even part of the show when they're not.

So this spinoff could either be watchable because it gives the two of them their own identity, or it could feel completely superfluous because ultimately it won't be much different from the parent show.

I like Hunter and Bobby well enough when they're on screen, but I tend to forget they're even part of the show when they're not.

So this spinoff could either be watchable because it gives the two of them their own identity, or it could feel completely superfluous because ultimately it won't be much different from the parent show.

This, I agree with. People have been saying that removing them from the show will dilute the cast -- at least in the case of Mockingbird -- but she doesn't have any real relationships with the characters other than Hunter and Mack. I love her when she's being focused on, but her arcs usually happen in a vacuum. If this is how she's going to be handled on AoS, I'd rather they just give her a show where she's the focus.

I've never been much of a Hunter fan.  Would that they'd been able to actually work a Hawkeye angle...

As the Marvel movie/tv universe Hawkeye is married with kids, probably not.... I think they have abandoned that romance altogether .... I'm not much of a Hunter fan either.... and I think it's because of the actor.

As the Marvel movie/tv universe Hawkeye is married with kids, probably not.... I think they have abandoned that romance altogether .... I'm not much of a Hunter fan either.... and I think it's because of the actor.

Oh I get it. If the movies hadn't been riddled with all stars for the original line up or if they hadnt gone witg the Ultimated version of Hawkeye there could have been some cross over...but now it's just a lamentation...

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally gotten around to starting SHIELD. I know the first half of season 1 has a reputation for kind of sucking, and I'm only two episodes in but...it's not quite as naff as I was expecting from the few clips of the Thor tie-in episode I saw. I mean it is kind of cheesy and a couple of the actors are clearly play-acting (Simmon's actor especially). I like the light-hearted poking fun at tropes and conventions though, the show wouldn't work if it took itself seriously. I'm liking it though, and if this is the show's nadir then that's promising.

Yeah it was never painful to watch, just sort of uninspired at points. Looking back episode nine is the the only episode I remember actually disliking. 

You've seen Winter Soldier, right? If you haven't watched it recently and are able to you might wanna squeeze that in at the appropriate place. That was by far the best of their movie tie ins. 

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yeah it was never painful to watch, just sort of uninspired at points. Looking back episode nine is the the only episode I remember actually disliking. 

You've seen Winter Soldier, right? If you haven't watched it recently and are able to you might wanna squeeze that in at the appropriate place. That was by far the best of their movie tie ins. 

I have, and I know the main twists of the show (or at least I think I do). Episode three was better than the first two because, Skye is genuinely conflicted about Shield. Obviously she's not going to betray them totally but genuine inner conflict there. 

My thoughts on the characters - Coulson and Ward are kind of bland; May has yet to do much; Fitzsimmons are over-acted but hilarious and adorable. Skye is kind of carrying the show at the moment. She's funny, charismatic, literally and metaphorically bouncy. There's a risk of her being a Mary Sue but I like Skye. 

52 minutes ago, protar said:

I have, and I know the main twists of the show (or at least I think I do). Episode three was better than the first two because, Skye is genuinely conflicted about Shield. Obviously she's not going to betray them totally but genuine inner conflict there. 

My thoughts on the characters - Coulson and Ward are kind of bland; May has yet to do much; Fitzsimmons are over-acted but hilarious and adorable. Skye is kind of carrying the show at the moment. She's funny, charismatic, literally and metaphorically bouncy. There's a risk of her being a Mary Sue but I like Skye. 

don't really disagree - thankfully though FitzSimmons do come into their own; Fitz in S2 was pretty much amazing.

Archived