Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: To Kill a Mockingbird

Greywolf2375

17 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Something I forgot to ask a few weeks back; I never finished out Agent Carter Season 2, did it have any bearing on anything going on in AoS? I only saw three or four, it didn't really grab me.

There's some stuff about Hydra, but nothing revelatory. Mostly it's about that Dark Force/Zero Matter stuff, which already came up in AoS back in like season two. 

I have a question for anyone familiar with Hive. Why isn't he just infecting basically everyone he comes into contact with at this point? It seems like it would have been to his advantage to have infected Gideon and Simmons, for example. Is there some drawback I either missed or we haven't learned about yet?

In the comics he isn't an inhuman and is pretty much totally different. If he can possess a human body, I fail to see why he couldn't infect a normal human. It could simply be that he doesn't want to, due to some form of superiority belief.

15 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

In the comics he isn't an inhuman and is pretty much totally different. If he can possess a human body, I fail to see why he couldn't infect a normal human.

He can only possess dead humans; and he had to expose Hellfire to terrigen before he could control him, which strongly implies it's not a matter of not wanting to. It looks like active inhuman DNA is his pathway through the defences of living minds.

29 minutes ago, felice said:

and he had to expose Hellfire to terrigen before he could control him,

It's not like he tried to control him early on. But looking back, Fitz says this: 'it can inhabit dead humans and control Inhumans.' Hive or any other Inhuman ever mentions it.

He says to Daisy: 'We are one organism,' I think it's totally possible he wouldn't want to bond with a 'lesser being.' The woman who isn't Madrox says humans are a 'lesser species,' I was going along the mutantInhuman

supremacy line.
46 minutes ago, felice said:

It looks like active inhuman DNA is his pathway through the defences of living minds.

That just seems very odd to me. Never mind, I concede the point, it's not really a key issue.

Well, I'm a little confused about this episode.

Two Kree guys create Hive as the first Inhuman...and then leave.  Somewhere in there, they banish him to the other planet.  Then they go into hibernation of some sort, orbiting in the Solar System.  Only to come back when summoned, and attempt to kill him because he's a failed experiment.  Huh?

25 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Two Kree guys create Hive as the first Inhuman...and then leave.  Somewhere in there, they banish him to the other planet.  Then they go into hibernation of some sort, orbiting in the Solar System.  Only to come back when summoned, and attempt to kill him because he's a failed experiment.  Huh?

right....lol..... I hope they explain that somehow....

The thing that got me this episode was how awkward the escape scene was... hopping into the flying ship container with Ward 20 feet away...

9 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

right....lol..... I hope they explain that somehow....

The thing that got me this episode was how awkward the escape scene was... hopping into the flying ship container with Ward 20 feet away...

It was a bad episode in several respects...and you're right...the flying containers are very awkward.  The whole thing was bad...from Fitz and Simmons only being able to test their cure on an Inhuman (can't you just take some blood/tissue) to the other doctor saying he could only use blood from a living Kree (didn't he get a bunch before Mack killed the Kree?) to May just being able to saunter in and talk to the Aussie guy (who, in convenient bad-guy form, spill the entire plan to her).  And then there was the weird fighting amongst the "red-shirts" as to who got to carry which weapon.  Was that their ham-fisted attempt to try and make us view these extras as real characters?

11 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Was Hive banished by the Kree or by other Inhumans that rebelled against him? Hive mentioned a civil war. I thought the Kree were met with a similar outcome after their experiments. The Inhumans turned on them and were forced to flee. The part with them conveniently remaining in hibernation in the solar system is the main stinker about this plot. A better development would have been for Hive to contact the nearest Kree outpost, who send a ship to investigate.  

Yeah not great. I thought Hive was banished by humans and other Inhumans, the Kree had already left. The Kree wanted to destroy Hive and the other Inhumans because that was all they live to do, they were just there as a failsafe, the only reason they'd be woken up is to destroy the experiment. But not exactly greatly explained. Also Coulson has Kree blood in him.

Apparently there are rumors that Most Wanted isn't even going to be picked up. What a waste of those two characters. Probably for the best though as it's hard to imagine it being any good and we don't really need another mediocre ABC Marvel show. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Apparently there are rumors that Most Wanted isn't even going to be picked up. What a waste of those two characters.

And they exited in a way that will make it hard to plausibly bring them back into the main show.

2 hours ago, felice said:

And they exited in a way that will make it hard to plausibly bring them back into the main show.

I actually thought the way they exited was very silly.  The rationale about why they couldn't stay with SHIELD had more holes than a wheel of Swiss cheese.  I'm pretty sure they could reverse it with something similarly preposterous. 

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I actually thought the way they exited was very silly.  The rationale about why they couldn't stay with SHIELD had more holes than a wheel of Swiss cheese.  I'm pretty sure they could reverse it with something similarly preposterous. 

That rationale was terrible.  The scene was great, but the reason they had to leave made 0 sense.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I feel like I missed something relevant.  It seemed like they were saying that Lash's reason for existing was to save Daisy.  But, um, that can't be right, can it?  That would be so....stupid.  

I would like to think that it's not the writers that are saying that is the reason why Lash is existing, it's the characters who choose to make sense of Lash's existence in such a way. I personally think that there had to be a counter Inhuman to Hive. Technically Lash could have liberated all the Inhumans under Hive's control given the chance. I wish the fight would have been longer (budget limits, I guess), but overall I liked the episode.

The only thing I really hate about this whole arc is the promotion: ooohhh, a major character will die!!! How about, ooohh the story will have great twists and an awesome ending, which just happens to include a character dying.

Archived