Cycling 2015 - froomes turn to try to double up!

BigFatCoward

Skip to page 11 for vuelta a espana chat.

---------------------------------------------------------

so, tomorrow sees the start of the best grand tour of the year, the Giro. pretty happy with the route, the time trial will be massive, with uran looking to put big time into contador and porte, aru will lose a shed load of time even if he does the best time trial of his life.

richie porte has had an immense start to the season, but nearly always has one bad day in a grand tour. contador has had a mixed bag, but his build up seems about right if the double is to be in play, and the real test doesn't come until stage 14 on, so he can ride into form. some people seem to think zakarin (who just won romandie) has a chance, but i think he is a cheating scumbag.

Uran hasn't looked great so far, but didn't look to hot before his second last year either.

discuss.

Giro seems to suit Uran always pops up at the front this time of year, Contador will be hard to beat as he always is at a grand tour. Hopefully Aru can keep things interesting enough on the big climbs to make up for his weak tt. Cant say I know much about Zakarin but if he peaked at Romandie I dont see him competing in the last week. Lastly Richie Porte comes from my hometown and was a couple of years above me at school so obviously he is the one I want to win the most, in the form of his life this season and no health problems. Fingers crossed he doesnt have that one bad day or if he does can limit his loss better than usual. Should be an interesting few weeks anyway.

Home on mat leave, I intend watching lol the grand tours. Looking forward to it.

Can't see Zakarin managing the full month. Don't want to either. Reckon contador has it sown up barring illness or injury. Iran for a podium.

The classics were interesting. Wonder how valverde will get on this year.

Also if someone could tell me how Astana keep their license, that would be great.

Home on mat leave, I intend watching lol the grand tours. Looking forward to it.

Can't see Zakarin managing the full month. Don't want to either. Reckon contador has it sown up barring illness or injury. Iran for a podium.

Also if someone could tell me how Astana keep their license, that would be great.

i get home 3 hours before my other half so i get to watch most of each stage

zakarin is suspicious as fuck, i expect contador to win, but not by much as he isn't going to do anything more than necessary

screw valverde, he won't podium this year at a grand tour

i have no fucking clue

Sky had a bit of a disaster today, but it's not much time I guess. Looking at the teams, they have a ridiculously strong climbing team, which may have hurt their TTT a little.

Good result for Orica. I really like them, they seem like the most fun team in the peloton. Just a shame that neither Yates brother is riding.

No British riders at all, with Cav at California.

Uran isn't going to win this. Contador goes into this as a tremendously overwhelming favourite.
He's the best climber. Uphill, Uran has never been able to follow him. If anyone has the talent to keep up with him I think it might b Aru, but that is expecting great deal fom such a young rider. He may hope that Contador is yet to come into his full power since he is legmately aiming for the double this year, and may need yo preserve some strength.

It would be a monster feat by Contador by the way, if he makes it. The Tour this year is going to be so heavily contended, it would be incredible for a rider to a win a doube in such a year. I doubt it will happen.

Richie Porte, I don't know, surely he is going to break down compared to Contador going into the mountains. I can see him match the Spaniard in the TT though.

Sky had a bit of a disaster today, but it's not much time I guess. Looking at the teams, they have a ridiculously strong climbing team, which may have hurt their TTT a little.

Good result for Orica. I really like them, they seem like the most fun team in the peloton. Just a shame that neither Yates brother is riding.

No British riders at all, with Cav at California.

This Simon Yates is apparently something of a super talent. I hope he will show glimmers in the Tour.

I was stunned by Valverde in the classics. What he did in Liege Bastogne Liege I have rarely seen. Held off Katusha and everyone else, caught everyone back, and won the sprint. Simply because he's the best.

This Simon Yates is apparently something of a super talent. I hope he will show glimmers in the Tour.

IIRC, during last year's Tour when he made his Grand Tour debut, the British commentators were saying Adam was better.

IIRC, during last year's Tour when he made his Grand Tour debut, the British commentators were saying Adam was better.

Adam is a better climber in the big mountains, Simon is a bit punchier on short climbs. In the TDF i'd expect Adam to see how long he can stay with the best, and Simon to go on attacks and try to win a stage or mountain points.

Adam is a better climber in the big mountains, Simon is a bit punchier on short climbs. In the TDF i'd expect Adam to see how long he can stay with the best, and Simon to go on attacks and try to win a stage or mountain points.

I remember Simon getting involved in a long breakaway on one of the mountain stages on last year's Tour, I don't recall Adam being involved in anything major when he got his ride in the Vuelta.

Archived