[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

Stannis said "fewer". He was correcting somebody's speech as I think they said "less", which he thought was grammatically incorrect.

I actually loved that little piece of humor thrown in there! Was not a Stannis fan in the books, but I'm really loving TV Stannis.

I must say that Sansa was pretty confident in her attitude. She didn't act all dumb and scared and silent like she did in kings landing. She actually somewhat spoke up to Ramsay and even called them "strange people".

The Sansa of earlier seasons wouldn't dare to say anything that might insult.

Edited by DarkSansa

While the show has badly neglected the Northern Lords (the ones loyal to House Stark at least) I'm glad they are at least allowing the Northern smallfolk to pick up the banner of The North Remembers.

That would take too many additional characters to go into.

So like three episodes after the infamous trial/execution Danny suddenly decides to ignore her previous rule about not killing people without a trial. So shouldn't she be executed for randomly murdering a potential suspect???

But of course she is one of the biggest hypocrites around...when she is wronged its ok to kill people without finding definitive proof.

yeah it was. i was like " didn't you just say you'd be putting people up to trial" i geuss she did feel conflicted later on in her scene with Missandrei though.

This episode felt much more like it belonged in the Ice and Fire world of the books than the previous 4 episodes this season. That has always been my complaint, not that the show is changing the plot, but that the way they change them takes me out of the world, it just felt like a modern TV show with people in costumes. This was the first time I really felt we're back in Westeros.

I no longer empathize with any of the characters on the show. Which is odd because I can't decide who I love best in the books. The writing is just pathetic and as painful to sit through as a Bolton family dinner. The writing is so bad that if I hadn't seen the actors in previous seasons I would say they were awful too. But it's clearly just terrible dialogue. The stone men were underwhelming, they refuse to even show Ghost at all yet hammer us with dragons doing nothing much every week, the fight scenes look worse and less believable than Walker Texas Ranger, and none of the wit and style of the first 3 seasons is anywhere to be found anymore. I'm done. Last time you'll hear from me about the show. Check please.

We ALMOST got to "dont make me rue the day..." from Roose. I was waiting for it.

Solid episode. Love the North.

The Northern storylines have always been my favorite, so I'm really glad that they have been incredibly strong this year. Very excited for the second half of the season.

I agree. Is this what LF defined as "making him yours"?

I'm obviously not forming the impression I am suppose to of Sansa according to the fans here. I really see no big difference in her other than she is older and naturally has matured. I am sure she is shocked by the condition of Theon and what Ramsay has done to him, regardless of her hatred of Theon for killing her brothers. The truth of the situation was strengthened by the conversation at the dinner table. I wonder who will be leaning on who for courage when the time demands it. Will Sansa or Theon be considered the hero......or will Brienne claim that honor?

Edited by TheFirstofHerName

We may not get Mando pies in the show, but for some reason after watching this episode, I think Walda, Walder, and many other Freys will get to meet Nymeria and her pack in season 6. Especially if we don't get LS.

I think the way they keep introducing the servants, the servants are serving the Mando pies with some Northern revenge and are going to start killing people..maybe the servants sneak Brienne and Pod in and they all together become the WF ghosts and wipe everyone out

Very pleased to see that they've consolidated a few more lines. Love the change that the "prince" will not be in, as far as we can tell, and Jorah is the one with greyscale. And I loved Dany's you'll-marry-me-or-die-take-your-pick-speech. Sad to see Barristan go but it looks like they're changing it to Tyrion being in with Dany as her advisor, which will be so nice since I've really wished to see them interact in the books but so far nada. Jon leaving the Wall to get the wildlings - did that happen in the books? I don't remember it that way but it's possible I'm just foggy on it.

Also wondering how Melisandre, Selyse and Shireen leaving WITH Stannis is going to change things. I guess this means we won't get to see Alice Karstark.

All in all this is shaping up to be a very different story, I'm getting excited about what's going to happen since it looks like they're quite happy to change things.

I no longer empathize with any of the characters on the show. Which is odd because I can't decide who I love best in the books. The writing is just pathetic and as painful to sit through as a Bolton family dinner. The writing is so bad that if I hadn't seen the actors in previous seasons I would say they were awful too. But it's clearly just terrible dialogue. The stone men were underwhelming, they refuse to even show Ghost at all yet hammer us with dragons doing nothing much every week, the fight scenes look worse and less believable than Walker Texas Ranger, and none of the wit and style of the first 3 seasons is anywhere to be found anymore. I'm done. Last time you'll hear from me about the show. Check please.

The episode was one of the best in the entire series so far. The show can't please everybody.

Well I thought the music was really cool indeed, but really not capturing anything currently happening ^^ . I mean a wedding announcement and an old guy getting a disease ? Not the most epic things ^^

I find it ominous. Maybe not much has happened, but many things are set up/on the verge of happening...Sansa's situation is precarious...Jon is about to get assassinated....Jorah and Tyrion are about to get captured by slavers....that sort of thing.

Well I thought the music was really cool indeed, but really not capturing anything currently happening ^^ . I mean a wedding announcement and an old guy getting a disease ? Not the most epic things ^^

I find it ominous. Maybe not much has happened, but many things are set up/on the verge of happening...Sansa's situation is precarious...Jon is about to get assassinated....Jorah and Tyrion are about to get captured by slavers....that sort of thing.