[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

And another episode comes, and another Sansa thread with it...

In Winterfell, Sansa is faced with the glorious dysfunctional household of Boltons. Between the loyal people and the reiteration of "North remembers" on one and Ramsay's madness and Reek on the other, Sansa's path has never been thinner. How long before the hell breaks loose, we will see...

The usual things apply... Play nice... :)

I've lost all hope, so I'm most certain next episode is Sansa's wedding and consummation, as in, with pretty much everything Ramsay does with Jeyne, except the dogs.

That said, not very much to discuss. I'm still torn between Sansa's behavior at the Bolton dinner. I mean, she couldn't possibly be behaving like that if she's supposed to win over Ramsay. One would think she'd try to woo him to her. Myranda's clearly insane, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's called into their wedding night, considering Ramsay told her she thought Sansa was pretty. Glad she kept her composure during the dinner though, no tears and not really impressed. And I'm sure she'll manipulate Ramsay using Fat Walda's baby. I loved that scene where she smiled and told her she was happy for Walda.

I understand why her being overly sweet would have been overkill since Roose would not have bought it at all, but there is some middle ground between that and her cold behavior in this episode. She can be firm without refusing a toast to her wedding lol

So Sansa is in the first 8 episodes of this season? It's hard to see how she won't be in at least 9 or 10 so that's 9/10 episodes for her this season which is one good thing about this change i guess..

I've lost all hope, so I'm most certain next episode is Sansa's wedding and consummation, as in, with pretty much everything Ramsay does with Jeyne, except the dogs.

That said, not very much to discuss. I'm still torn between Sansa's behavior at the Bolton dinner. I mean, she couldn't possibly be behaving like that if she's supposed to win over Ramsay. One would think she'd try to woo him to her. Myranda's clearly insane, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's called into their wedding night, considering Ramsay told her she thought Sansa was pretty. Glad she kept her composure during the dinner though, no tears and not really impressed. And I'm sure she'll manipulate Ramsay using Fat Walda's baby. I loved that scene where she smiled and told her she was happy for Walda.

I will not watch next week's episode until others on the forum do so first. I do not think I can take the sight and sounds of this once beloved character, physically and metaphorically dying and becoming something of a different kind of victim. I am curious if Sophie Turner has went ahead and read where she should be right now in regards to the book and that of Jeyne Poole?

I will not watch next week's episode until others on the forum do so first. I do not think I can take the sight and sounds of this once beloved character, physically and metaphorically dying and becoming something of a different kind of victim. I am curious if Sophie Turner has went ahead and read where she should be right now in regards to the book and that of Jeyne Poole?

I don't think theyre going to subject Sansa to another victim arc. If they do that arc from the book, they'll likely make Myranda the sacrificial lamb.

I don't think theyre going to subject Sansa to another victim arc. If they do that arc from the book, they'll likely make Myranda the sacrificial lamb.

Agreed, Ramsay seems to have decided Sansa is valuable. I think it's far more likely he'd hurt other people and make her watch in order to keep her "in line" with what he wants.

I'm still torn if I should watch it, to be honest. I mean, It's almost impossible not to watch, since everyone at my home does, but then again, why subject myself to watch what you described? Sophie has read Sansa's chapters (Not that it matters now), so I don't think she was aware she'd be extending her acting chops to Jeyne Poole until she got the script.

That said, I'm really digging Sophie's acting. I think she incorporates her character quite well, and Show!Sansa is still my favorite character. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful Jean Grey, and no matter how ridiculous the plot-point is, she knocks it out of the park. I mean, she almost sold to me Sansa going to Winterfell.

As I have stated before, a consensual bedding in this case is the worst victimizing her character has endured since her father's execution. This is a big deal. It is rubbing the Boltons in the faces of the Starks all over again. Truely awful. It would have been better if they said they had a stark girl, and posed Myranda as Arya or something and Littlefinger and his neice "Allayne" were guests and caused shit that way but no, "Sophie, congrats on turning 18, you are a woman now, time to take one for the team".

I am curious if Sophie Turner has went ahead and read where she should be right now in regards to the book and that of Jeyne Poole?

Turner only reads her own chapters, so she wouldn't have read anything relating to Jeyne Poole prior to getting the scripts.

This whole plot is customarily well-acted (Sophie's doing some of her best work here, consistently, and everybody else is of course very good; incidentally, Charlotte Hope also got to do some actual acting this week, rather than just strutting around nude for our viewing pleasure, though she did that too), but it's so devoid of logic that I really can't get much enjoyment from it.

I am afraid to watch. I dont think Roose would allow Ramsay to do physically hurt/torture her outside of consummation of their marriage. I want to believe Ramsay brings Myranda in and hurts her to show Sansa what he likes, maybe Sansa will play him in that way during the bedding..the nervous virgin..and Ramsay will make Theon pleasure Myranda in front of Sansa. I cant watch Sansa fully become THAT kind of victim if shes fully taking fArya's place. i'll cover my eyes and ears if I have to.

I said it on another thread, she not dressing like her mother for nothing, and taking on a bit of her demeanor as well. Another servant bring introduced like this tells me somethin is gonna go down and it will be glorious, and in that confusion/craziness of possbily Roose thinking Stannis is attacking when its really the servants of WF, I've got to believe Sansa is killing him...shes GOT to kill someone this season

Loved "I'm very happy for you" and the little look like 'how do you like that' she directed at Ramsey when Roose was like we're having a boy. Cheeky, Sansa. Just not sure if that's really wise. I was proud that she kept her composure the whole time through that meal.

The kennel scene was nice too. You could sense her rage when she sees Theon, but she hold herself from doing anything to him despite those feelings. Reminded me of the scene where she walks toward Joffrey wanting to push him off the building, but the Hound stops her. Sansa didn't need someone to stop her this time. She is growing.

My main concern right now is there definitely seems to be a Northern loyalist plot that Brienne is joining her forces to, and Sansa was told by the older lady to light a candle in the tower if she needs help. Could be coincidence, but while she checks out the tower, up comes Myranda (this whole exchange was so strange and awkward). Later at the meal we get Ramsay parroting the line, The North Remembers. Could be a red herring or him just being... himself... but I worry that the Bolton faction is onto the loyalists, and that Sansa should be wary of trusting anyone to spirit her from WF for that reason.

Sansa knows Theon is alive. Theon knows Bran and Rickon are alive. So does Ramsay that's why he had Reek come in and apologise for killing them because Sansa believes she is heir to winterfell and it needs to stay that way for him to get it. I hope at some point Reek finds his long lost balls and tells Sansa what really happened and throws one big spanner into the works. We know in the books he started to remember who he was so it makes sense that he helps her somehow to atone for his crimes.

I don't know how Sansa knowing this could help the plot but it would be nice to have her know she isn't the last Stark after all and it would definitely give the North something more to rally around, possible even queue Ruthless Rickon in S6

When it happens, and I pray it happens. Rickon and especially Shaggy Dog make such an entrance that it will all be worth it. Would that not be the perfect way to end the Battle of Winterfell where the Boltons get smashed by and outflanking Northern loyalist Army led by a nast black Direwolf ?

We can hope.

Still waiting to see if Sansa learned anything or not from LF's tutoring. Surely by next week we will definitely know.

I will hold out hope that something or someone will intervene but my logic tells me that it is going to happen and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Archived