[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

I think Kill the Boy set up a way forward for Sansa to manipulate the Boltons. Ramsay showed his vulnerability to her over his position as heir and Roose showed his impatience over Ramsay's behaviour. They are two dangerous men. Surely she can sow doubt and mistrust between them. The only thing is there's only four episodes to go so little time to do it.

Please consider what you are saying? Did you watch the episode, what did Roose say to Ramsey?

How will she manipulate them?

Through Ramsay's fear of being displaced by Fat Walda's son.

Kill the boy, and that makes Roose suspect Ramsay.

Curiously did you hear Master Aemon speech?. What pray tell are you talking about?

What did Roose say to Ramsey what did he imply about Ramsey?

I might agree if by some far flung uncertified tradition Roose later decides he wants a proper heir, will he proceed to do the unimaginable. Then in some bizzare triangle could she possibly further manipulate her love. However in front of the rest of the North banners he is rallying by having Sansa wed Ramsey this might be impossible.

I think at this point Walda is pie, used in appeasement of the Freys who have vanished. He took her as a wife soley to keep his head at the RW because Rob hadn't. I don't think he wants a Tarly or more pie at all.

My point is that Martin will not spare a character just because we like her, not even young girls.

But whatever horrible things happen to Sansa - she will still be alve after that (I guess), she would still have a story . But if Shireen gets burned her story would be over.

Nah... It's not Martin. It's D&D and their obsession with B&B. And hey, at least Martin is more consistent with his character arcs.

Based on my observation, D&D adopts this writing style where they mold the characters to make us believe that something is going to be happen but then turn it 360 deg with a middle finger to our faces. Something like what Martin would do, but without the foreshadowing/logical aspect. This happened with Littlefinger with Lysa's 'suicide', Barristan and now it might happen to Sansa. Show watchers are meant to believe that she's transformed into this master manipulator and take matters into her own hands but surprise surprise! She's still a victim. Ahh... Classic GOT. Put our hopes up just to let us down. I can see it happening to Shireen (that tear inducing scene with Stannis will soon progress into a WTF scene) But we'll see.

Yeah I guess Sansa will be alive. But considering the torment she's been through and will go through in the future (Winter), I'm not surprised if she becomes psychologically/emotionally scarred and goes nuts and guess what,... gets pregnant with Ramsay's child too! But watch out 'cos her rape/mistreatment has awaken the wolf in her... She gonna flay some Boltons and hang some Freys ya'll!! I mean, talk about shock factor and merging characters!! Sansa is now Jeyne Poole, Lollys Stokeworth and Lady Stoneheart!!!!!!! Mind=Blown!!!!!!!!!!1 She should appear on an episode of '14 and pregnant' :leer:

Nah... It's not Martin. It's D&D and their obsession with B&B. And hey, at least Martin is more consistent with his character arcs.

Based on my observation, D&D adopts this writing style where they mold the characters to make us believe that something is going to be happen but then turn it 360 deg with a middle finger to our faces. Something like what Martin would do, but without the foreshadowing/logical aspect. This happened with Littlefinger with Lysa's 'suicide', Barristan and now it might happen to Sansa. Show watchers are meant to believe that she's transformed into this master manipulator and take matters into her own hands but surprise surprise! She's still a victim. Ahh... Classic GOT. Put our hopes up just to let us down. I can see it happening to Shireen (that tear inducing scene with Stannis will soon progress into a WTF scene) But we'll see.

Yeah I guess Sansa will be alive. But considering the torment she's been through and will go through in the future (Winter), I'm not surprised if she becomes psychologically/emotionally scarred and goes nuts and guess what,... gets pregnant with Ramsay's child too! But watch out 'cos her rape/mistreatment has awaken the wolf in her... She gonna flay some Boltons and hang some Freys ya'll!! I mean, talk about shock factor and merging characters!! Sansa is now Jeyne Poole, Lollys Stokeworth and Lady Stoneheart!!!!!!! Mind=Blown!!!!!!!!!!1 She should appear on an episode of '14 and pregnant' :leer:

Yes, but they can't possibly do that in this case. You can't take a female character who has spent four seasons as a victim (even Sophie Turner said she was sick of always crying on camera) tease that she's going to become empowered and then... do the exact opposite and become a victim of sexual assault. Not only is it in very poor taste (considering that this happens in the first season that the actress has turned 18), it's also demeaning to the character and insulting to the audience. I thought we got rid of the "rape makes good characterization" trope in the early eighties!

Yes, but they can't possibly do that in this case. You can't take a female character who has spent four seasons as a victim (even Sophie Turner said she was sick of always crying on camera) tease that she's going to become empowered and then... do the exact opposite and become a victim of sexual assault. Not only is it in very poor taste (considering that this happens in the first season that the actress has turned 18), it's also demeaning to the character and insulting to the audience. I thought we got rid of the "rape makes good characterization" trope in the early eighties!

I know and I'm with you on that one. I was just replying to WomanofWar that a Sansa rape scene doesn't serve any purpose at all but to shock the audience, which IMO is stupid and unnecessary but screams D&D all over

I know and I'm with you on that one. I was just replying to WomanofWar that a Sansa rape scene doesn't serve any purpose at all but to shock the audience, which IMO is stupid and unnecessary but screams D&D all over

It's serves to show that the antagonists are still in power in Westeros and that the North (by way of Sansa) is still being abused. I think that Sansa is constantly abused in show makes her more poignant than book Sansa, who's plot becomes passive. There are people in life who are constant victims, over and over, because they are too trusting, passive, hopeful - whatever - Sansa to me seems like one of them, a character that exists purely to extract sympathy for - to show how bad the world around them is getting.

Johnsmith:

The dining scene was set up to give Sansa info with which to work on the Boltons. Ramsay is insecure about his position, Roose is worried about keeping Ramsay in line. Is he getting above himself? Ramsay is the one marrying the Stark afterall. She needs to get them opposed to each other. There are ways that can be done.

Archived