(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

The Citadel name drop and Sam saying he wanted to be a maester, so maybe some Oldtown will happen.

I'm thinking we may get Oldtown and the Ironborn next season, depending on how they decide they want to handle these final seasons.

It's almost definitely Drogon. D&D have been thinning the book plot as much as possible and tying parts together for the series. Also they are being seriously stingy with the visual effects budget, adding another dragon in would just cost more.

And why wouldn't Drogon return to valyria, it's where his kind originate from and it's the best place for him to chill and look badass

We've seen the dragons 4 times this season. I wouldn't call that 'being stingy with the visual effect budget' at all.

We've seen the dragons 4 times this season. I wouldn't call that 'being stingy with the visual effect budget' at all.

+ Volantis

+ Meereen (including the harpy coming down)

+ the top of the wall

and we have the episodes that usual contain the craziest effects still to come.

THE WALL:

• Stannis: “fewer” lol then Davos is like uh, and he’s like never mind. Sassy Stannis.
  • Davos asking Shireen to protect him because he’s afraid of battle right after her mother was a bitch to her. Davos/Shireen interactions warm the cockles of my heart.
  • Tormund making it a point to drag Jon with him to Hardhome. I can see where he’s going with the whole you’re coming or I’m not going, deal. A nice touch.

WINTERFELL:

• Sansa’s “I’m so happy for you” to Walda, and the look of amusement she gives Ramsey as he’s reacting to the news he’s probably going to be uprooted by Baby Brother. It’s brass, but probably not smart in the long run. Still enjoyable though.
  • Sophie’s look when Sansa sees Theon for the first time was spot on, there was a lot of emotions in that small moment. Loved it.
  • In general Sansa keeping it mostly together during the meal scene was good. No tears, not a whole lot of reaction considering how hard Ramsey I Would Never Hurt Her Bolton was goading her.
  • Ramsey’s mother’s tale was delightfully creepy.

?VALYRIA?:

• As WTF as this whole route went I do have to say I got a thrill out of the Stone Men just because how that scene started off creeped me out so much. I spotted the one on the cliff when Tyrion and Jorah were distracted by Drogon and was like OH MY GODD because no one else I was watching with caught and I’m like this is turning into a bad horror movie (not a horror movie fan, myself).

Did anyone else love Tyrion's verse about Valyria? Pretty sure it's not in the books, but it was great none the less.

Yup, and the recognition from both Jorah and Tyrion that the other guy is a man of learning.

I couldn't make out "Fewer" the first time - paused, went back, figured it out, and had what was probably my loudest laugh ever for this show - although admittedly the show hasn't made me laugh that often.

Stannis and Sam and books and keep reading!

I loved the fact that, for most of the show, I had almost no idea what was coming next.

I liked the oddly Asian/Angkorish feel of Valyria, although I'm not sure how much that matches the rest of the show design.

Poor Shireen, trying to wave goodbye to her friends, and her mom won't even let her do that.

Tormund/Jon scene was well done. I was also glad to see lots more foregrounding of White Walkers, and the fact that both Jon and Stannis recognize they are a very big and very looming threat.

What was Aemon's line? "Winter is almost upon us"? Anyway, it was nice to hear about winter without the line "Winter is coming."

More on lines and who says them: hearing Ramsay say "The North remembers" was wonderfully awful and twisted.

Alfie Allen fantastic.

Oh that dinner ... and Fat Walda seeming like a genuine warm person, who'd otherwise probably be quite friendly with Sansa, but I'm sure she's always thing "Oh yeah ... my family, her brother and mother ... not good."

The dragons killing the noble: "Oh, they'll cut away now ... OK, they'll cut away now ... Um, they're not cutting away for anything, are they?!"

THE WALL:

• Stannis: “fewer” lol then Davos is like uh, and he’s like never mind. Sassy Stannis.

Davos asking Shireen to protect him because he’s afraid of battle right after her mother was a bitch to her. Davos/Shireen interactions warm the cockles of my heart.

Tormund making it a point to drag Jon with him to Hardhome. I can see where he’s going with the whole you’re coming or I’m not going, deal. A nice touch.

WINTERFELL:

• Sansa’s “I’m so happy for you” to Walda, and the look of amusement she gives Ramsey as he’s reacting to the news he’s probably going to be uprooted by Baby Brother. It’s brass, but probably not smart in the long run. Still enjoyable though.

Sophie’s look when Sansa sees Theon for the first time was spot on, there was a lot of emotions in that small moment. Loved it.

In general Sansa keeping it mostly together during the meal scene was good. No tears, not a whole lot of reaction considering how hard Ramsey I Would Never Hurt Her Bolton was goading her.

Ramsey’s mother’s tale was delightfully creepy.

?VALYRIA?:

• As WTF as this whole route went I do have to say I got a thrill out of the Stone Men just because how that scene started off creeped me out so much. I spotted the one on the cliff when Tyrion and Jorah were distracted by Drogon and was like OH MY GODD because no one else I was watching with caught and I’m like this is turning into a bad horror movie (not a horror movie fan, myself).

I was like " oh shit" when the stone men showed up. had forgotten we were getting that.

I was like " oh shit" when the stone men showed up. had forgotten we were getting that.

I was incoherently shrieking. DID YOU SEE IT. and everyone else in the room was like What, the dragon? NO NOT THAT.

The Jon Targaryen hint from Maester Aemon was nice.

Aemon talking about Daenerys. It's sad... she is all that he has of family in the world (that he knows of) and he will never see her.

All the Boltons scenes were great. Roose's "you are my son" was a nice parallel to Stannis's scene with his daughter last episode

It also goes back to the scene with Tywin and Tyrion. It was almost the same exact speech (not complaining). "This is what happened to your mother" + "I should have killed you" + "I didn't cause your my son."

If that Roose/Rasmey scene wasn't a setup for an upcoming "don't make me regret raping your mother" deadpan shocker I'll lose faith in HBO.

Loved how Aemon was sad about Dany being alone in the world ...

"A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing": I loved the ambiguity in that line, actually. There's sadness there, but I also read an undercurrent of danger - without guidance, this solo Targaryen could be very bad indeed.

Archived