(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

That I wasn't around for ages might have something to do with it ;) I'm all good, hope you are too :cheers:

Well.. I ejoyed the intrigue they brought to the table like Roose not eating anything Manderly didn't eat before and so on but yeah, Roose is the best one :cool4:

Yeah, I thought so :D Yeah, I'm good too thanks :)

I guess Manderly would bring some nice comic relief to the show too, indeed, but I'm happy with just Roose

1.maester aemon: "a targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing" jon walks in.

2.and "kill the boy" speech of course was great, when he said "winter is almost upon us" i was so glad they didn't screw this up.

3.given the fact that we already knew that joncon won't be in the show i liked the whole valyria thing: the landscape was beautiful,the stone men were orcish and terrifying, tyrion sees a dragon for the first time and the poem was really good.

4.grammer nazi stannis: kill me but i like show stannis more than i like book stannis (which isn't much to be honest)

5.sam talking about oldtown and the citadel, giving hope of keeping THAT storyline.

6.how sansa looked at ramsay when they heard roose gonna have a trueborn son.

7. the first appearence of bowen marsh.

8. all the backstories: the story of valyria and it's doom,Randyll defeating Robert and obviously: roose telling ramsay the beatiful love story of how he met his mother.

1. Everything Stannis. After annoying the hell out of me with his portrayal they're finally getting it down and it's almost worth it. The grammar correction is such a fitting addition to his character and the scene with Sam was excellent. Good to know the Others are still a priority to him. That new version of "Warrior of Light" playing as they left Castle Black was absolutely epic. I worry that they're marching to die, they need a setback en route so hopefully Winter hurries up. If Stannis arrives at Winterfell as the favourite, he's dead.

2. Everything Ramsay. God I love this character. Rheon makes him almost disturbingly likeable while maintaining the same physcotic features of book Ramsay. I'm not hugely for Sansa being involved but it has a lot of potential, the characters and actors involved are superb.

"The North remembers". :lol: What a troll...

3. The visuals of Valyria, including Drogon and the Stone Men. This was an ambitious scene to include and I think they nailed it, even if it may have been difficult to grasp for non-readers. The whole scene was good in fact, enjoyed Tyrion and Jorah's interaction.

It's also good to see Dany may be going mad. More Aerys features plz. I want full confirmation that the bitch is crazy.

Fat Walda’s pause.

She understood that announcing the pregnancy right after Ramsay’s ugly power display was a veiled threat. So she looked at Roose to make sure that was what he wanted, and then she broke into a disarming smile and pretended she was stupidly oblivious.

That pause showed that Fat Walda isn’t stupid, she is playing exactly the same games as Sansa, Margaery, et cetera. She’s just playing those games really well. And of course. Walda grew up in the Frey household where the politics are just as nasty as in Kings Landing. And Walda got out and became the wife of an important lord. Of course Walda understands politics, and of course she’s determined act like a perfect wife. (And if you think about it, who convinced Walder to make the dowry scale with the bride’s weight?)

It is also interesting to Fat Walda paired with Sansa because Fat Walda is the first lady we’ve met who embraces the expected role of the Westerosi lady wife. Catelyn and Margaery can both argue that they are/were good wives, but neither is/was willing to release decision-making authority to men. Fat Walda is an embodiment of the kind of wife Sansa aspired to be in season 1, and it is interesting to have Sansa face her now that Sansa rejects that role.

I think there is a decent chance that Ramsay kills Fat Walda toward the end of the season and uses her death as a pretext to go beserk. He was definitely wondering if he could get away with murdering her after the announcement (another positive nitpick).

I think the whole Roose/Ramsay dynamic is shaping up to be the most intriguing thing in the season. It's like this really twisted father/son dynamic, where you aren't quite sure of they are genuinely willing to kill one another. Show Roose/Ramsay is this kind of distorted mirror image of Ned/Jon.

It also echoes Tywin/Tyrion and Robert/Gendry. Lots of motherless "bastards" ("every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes") with complicated relationships with their fathers running around, and I'm sure the show deliberately changed Ramsay's backstory to a dead mother to draw stronger parallels with the others.

And I really like that Ramsay is human enough to feel pain at hearing that story.

1. Everything Stannis. Good to know the Others are still a priority to him.

"The North remembers". :lol: What a troll...

I was glad to hear that Stannis did prioritize the Others too.

Ramsay did that to Theon in season 3, too. And to Bolton in season 4, but that time he was probably earnest. How many more house mottos / catchphrases do you suppose Ramsay will get to say?

Archived