NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

Anyone here post on HFBoards? lol 

Jesus no, the yinzers are worse there than they are in real life somehow.  

Also, fuck Columbus.  They're a nasty, dirty, fucking terrible team and repeatedly crosschecking Plotnikov's head with only a few minutes left should be more than a double-minor.  What the hell does the double minor do?  There's only 60s left in the game and the Pens basically won already.  It was worse than Dubinsky's crosscheck to Crosby's neck. But that's cool.  Fuck Columbus.  Its no rivalry, they're just shit.  

e:  And yes, I know the Pens used to dress Neal.  They don't anymore.  

Also, fuck Columbus.  They're a nasty, dirty, fucking terrible team and repeatedly crosschecking Plotnikov's head with only a few minutes left should be more than a double-minor.  What the hell does the double minor do?  There's only 60s left in the game and the Pens basically won already.  It was worse than Dubinsky's crosscheck to Crosby's neck. But that's cool.  Fuck Columbus.  Its no rivalry, they're just shit.  

I read an article about how dirty Columbus has seemingly become under Torts and the major instances included 3 against the Pens. Dubinsky cross-checking Crosby was the only suspension. He went knee-to-knee like a week later (not against the Pens) w/o suspension. Jenner did the same to Malkin and the cross-checking on Plotnikov was the fourth.

The double minor means if you score within those 60 seconds you're still on the powerplay after the goal when you otherwise wouldn't be. 

The double minor means if you score within those 60 seconds you're still on the powerplay after the goal when you otherwise wouldn't be. 

Yes, I know that, but the score is 5-2 with 60 seconds to go.  What I'm saying is that that penalty basically does nothing to deter Prout's hits because of the context around the hit.  Player Safety needed to get involved, and they didn't.  

I read an article about how dirty Columbus has seemingly become under Torts and the major instances included 3 against the Pens. Dubinsky cross-checking Crosby was the only suspension. He went knee-to-knee like a week later (not against the Pens) w/o suspension. Jenner did the same to Malkin and the cross-checking on Plotnikov was the fourth.

Doesn't suprise me one bit. He's a scumbag (Tort). He gives Sean Avery a run for his money for my most hated person to ever play/coach in the NHL. 

Well, Patrick Elias is back on IR. After not even playing his first game of the season until November 25th. 1 goal in 13 games. It bums me out to see him ending his career like this. I know not everyone can be Jagr, but it still sucks. He was always my favorite offensive player, and was a pretty underrated goal scorer/play maker. That A Line (Elias/Arnott/Sykora) was awesome in the early 00's. I believe they were as high as second in the league in scoring the year they lost to Roy and the Av's in the cup. 

Always hard to watch players limp toward the end.

However...I'm really hoping the Wings get their shit together tonight. Greene is a relative on my wife's side, and even though I've not met him I always want to beat them.

ETA: Andy, not Mike.

On a seperate note, I was somewhat surprised, that Tortorella found a new job that fast. His last two clubs he left in total chaos and turmoil. Especially after that clown show in Vancouver I did not think anyone would hire him. 

But hey, if Mike Milbury gets to rate trades as a hockey expert on television, then everything is possible anyhow.

Preds have traded Seth Jones to CBJ for Ryan Johansen. I'm a big fan of this deal. I think Jones will be an absolute beast in a couple seasons but we have needed a number 1 center for so long, hope Johansen can be that guy 

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME CENTRAL DIVISION, BITCH

Really though, good trade for both teams. CBJ is in full rebuild mode, and can afford to wait while Jones develops. Nashville now becomes a contender on paper. Johansen took serious steps to being a legit #1 over the last couple years, before this season's setback. If he's able to put that bad start behind, Nashville looks good not just in the short term. 

And yes, the Central Division Arms Race continues. Thank god the Oilers are in the Pathetic Pacific. 

Matt Cullen playing wing on the 2nd line tonight??? Umm........ Why is he doing this over Sprong? 

And this Panarin fella for Chicago is pretty damn good. Getting a good dose of him last night and tonight. Ugh.

Matt Cullen playing wing on the 2nd line tonight??? Umm........ Why is he doing this over Sprong? 

Is that a rhetorical question, or didn't you know that Sprong have been sent back to juniors?

My guess is that with Kessel, Hörnqvist, Perron, Kunitz, etc. the Penguins thought Sprong would get more playing time and develop more in the QMJHL. Having said that, I still don't have any answer to why Cullen is on the second line.

Is that a rhetorical question, or didn't you know that Sprong have been sent back to juniors?

My guess is that with Kessel, Hörnqvist, Perron, Kunitz, etc. the Penguins thought Sprong would get more playing time and develop more in the QMJHL. Having said that, I still don't have any answer to why Cullen is on the second line.

I did not know that. When did that happen? Wow I'm a lousy fan. Yeah I guess he might as well play then sit in the press box every night. But yeah, Cullen on the second line is puzzling.

Archived