NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

56 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

That was a surprisingly competitive ASG (yes, I watched). Seeing Bettman hand off the $1M cheque to MVP John 'Great' Scott was priceless. I can almost taste the saltiness that must've been there. 

I loved watching that little weasel Bettman have to eat crow. I can't wait to hear the bullshit spin the NHL will put on it.

This defense Dennis Wideman is coming up with is embarrassing.  I don't care if he was concussed or not.  That was a blatant crosscheck to a ref whom had his back turned to him.  I wish he would've been suspended for the rest of the year without pay. 

As for Pens, nice to see Crosby lighting it up.  I'll keep all negative comments about him hidden in my temporary Crosby-bashing closet. We've probably scored more 4+ goal games since Sullivan has been here than Johnston's whole tenure.

The Devils are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games. And still have one of the playoff spots after the All-Star break. Talk about overachieving. I don't know how they're doing it with this roster tbh. John Hynes has to be a lock for the Jack Adams at this point. 

Hynes is a  serious candidate, yes. If they make the Play offs. A lock? No, I don't think so.

Gallant is also in the race for the Adams. Assuming the Panthers are able to keep up their pace and win their division, then Gallant will win. 

I think even Babcock deserves some consideration, he possibly has the worst roster in the league. Finishing with around 80 points would be a very decent result this season.

2 minutes ago, Notone said:

Hynes is a  serious candidate, yes. If they make the Play offs. A lock? No, I don't think so.

Gallant is also in the race for the Adams. Assuming the Panthers are able to keep up their pace and win their division, then Gallant will win. 

I think even Babcock deserves some consideration, he possibly has the worst roster in the league. Finishing with around 80 points would be a very decent result this season.

The Panthers have a much better roster than the Devils though. They have a world-class goalie, and all those high picks from recent years. 

Anyway, I think Hynes is the frontrunner right now. 

Just now, Nictarion said:

The Panthers have a much better roster than the Devils though. They have a world-class goalie, and all those high picks from recent years. 

Anyway, I think Hynes is the frontrunner right now. 

Well, look where they finished the last two seasons, and look where they are standing now.

They did not make an awful lot of offseason signings (or did I miss those), and taking a team that did not make the play off to the top of the division. So either they are working better together this season, or their players have individually improved quite a bit. Or a bit of both. Either way, I think Gallant has done an excellent job.

And high draft picks alone make no team. Just look at Edmonton.

Heading down to Nashville to catch my first Sharks game in a couple years. My birthday is 2 days later.

Got a gift from my dad today. A Predators sweater. What the hell, dad?

I guess I could wear it under my teal just incase I need to escape a riot or something. But I don't picture Nashville fans being too rowdy.

Anybody been? Anybody know?

On February 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Bonesy said:

Heading down to Nashville to catch myfirst Sharks game in a couple years. My birthday is 2 days later.

Got a gift from my dad today. A Predators sweater. What the hell, dad?

I guess I could wear it under my teal just incase I need to escape a riot or something. But I don't picture Nashville fans being too rowdy.

Anybody been? Anybody know?

Your dad knows what's up :D yeah Bridgestone is nice. Fans are generally cool, I try to go to a couple games a year. Hope you enjoyed it despite the beating we gave you :P

Talking about failing franchises j/k.

But, but are the Oilers in tank mode already? I have to know, if it makes sense to run to a bookie to place a bet on them winning the draft lottery again. I know, you shouldn't kick somebody who is down already, but that travesty going on in Edmonton isn't really funny anymore.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

Talking about failing franchises j/k.

But, but are the Oilers in tank mode already? I have to know, if it makes sense to run to a bookie to place a bet on them winning the draft lottery again. I know, you shouldn't kick somebody who is down already, but that travesty going on in Edmonton isn't really funny anymore.

It stopped being funny like 3 years ago. Now it's just sad. For the sake of Auston Matthews, I hope we don't win the lottery. It's just never ending mediocrity. And injuries. Lots and lots of injuries. 

(Mostly tongue in cheek, as I think the 7-2 and 5-1 wins followed by 1-5 and 1-8 losses highlights incredible inconsistency, something to be expected of a very young team. Lets face it, Draisaitl, Mcdavid and their 100ish games of experience are manning the 1-2 C spots. Add to that a very inexperienced defense and goaltending group, and you'll get what happened on Sat and Sunday. I really hope we don't win the lottery again though. If we just keep sucking, then yes we are in a never ending spiral of mediocrity). 

On a positive note, Crosby has pretty much reached his 2010-11 level. I'd say he's basically a lock to finish 2nd in league scoring. If he continues this torrid pace (let's face it, it's possible), he'll blow right by Kane and finish with over 100 pts. 

Yeah Mark, we'll be back for sure.

A few critiques:

Everything in Nashville is more expensive than San Jose. Should've but didn't see that coming.

The fans did seem like casual hockey fans. At the Tank, the PA prompting the fans to get loud is redundant; at Bridgestone it was required. Booing at silly moments, stuff like that. They did have some spontaneous YOU SUCK type chants and always remembered to clown our goalie after a score.

The PA/music is WAY TOO LOUD (compensating for the crowd?) I will be bringing earplugs next time.

Fans were very friendly, borderline annoyingly so, but great place to bring your kids as a result.

The asswhooping wasn't optimal for me (obligatory sorry about the Sharks bouncing you guys from the playoffs 1/3 of the time when you go), but my only disappointment was the lack of physicality by both teams. Even the "fight" was laughable. I was there with a first-timer, and wished for a better representation of the sport.

But he enjoyed it immensely so...

8/10 would do again

Just watched the Brodeur jersey retirement on NHL Network. Got a little choked up during Marty's speech, ngl. It was great to see Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer,  and Ken Daneyko all back together again. The Kiefer Sutherland narration over Marty's highlight reel was amazing as well. 

Archived