Blackfish?

He has escaped and has not been seen for a long time, just like in the books.

I suspect he will return next season with all the other Riverlanders, Walder Frey, Edmure Tully, the BWB, Sandor Clegane ( :D)

False. In the books, he doesn't go to the wedding. He stays at Riverrun and holds the castle until Jaime comes along and Edmure helps him escape. His escape happens right before the end of Jaime's story.

On the show he is gone for a long time. Wouldn't it make sense for him to go to the Eyrie where his niece was (before she died)? Just another occasion where D&D's changes make no sense at all.

I imagine we'll see him in season 6 when they visit the Riverlands. If we see him at all. But I expect to. He was well liked and can assume the duties of LSH, among others.

This is my thought, esp. since LSH and Jamie aren't in the Riverlands.

False. In the books, he doesn't go to the wedding. He stays at Riverrun and holds the castle until Jaime comes along and Edmure helps him escape. His escape happens right before the end of Jaime's story.

On the show he is gone for a long time. Wouldn't it make sense for him to go to the Eyrie where his niece was (before she died)? Just another occasion where D&D's changes make no sense at all.

False. In the books he is at the Red Wedding, and escapes by jumping into the river, then he goes to Riverrun etc.

Yes,

then he does the same thing to escape Riverrun,

but GRRM likes to recycle plots.

False. In the books he is at the Red Wedding, and escapes by jumping into the river, then he goes to Riverrun etc.

Yes,

He stays at Riverrun during the wedding in the third book.

Yes,

Yeah, what WinterRaven said. The show is messing with your mind. The Blackfish stayed at Riverrun, with Robb's wife, Jeyne. There is a good reason why he stayed. Unlike in the show, Robb was heading home, to retake the North, and he named the Blackfish as Warden of the Southern Marches (i.e. Riverlands), thus the Blackfish stayed put.

In the show, Roose Bolton does mention that the Blackfish escaped, and since there is no way that a peeing man could have escaped the carnage at the Twins, there are two possibilities:

1) He had a quick piss outside the walls, and once the slaughter started he escaped. Then he ran into the Brotherhood...

2) He is one those people who is shy about pissing near others, so he went back to Riverrun, where he is probably still pissing.

That's true. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a die-hard fan of the show and when I mentioned Catelyn's uncle she said "Who?"

Yeah, I don't think too many unsullied will notice if he's missing. If he does play an important role in later books, D&D might consider it easier to just mesh an already known character into his plot.

Archived