Will Sansa be Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken ?

So taking a poll, does anyone think the scene was used for any of the reasons below:

a) They wanted to make sure the audience could love Theon again because he will rescue Sansa.

B) They can show how 'nice' St Tyrion was in comparison.

c) They have had no interest in Sansa's character from day 1 and have just been passing time until Sophie Turner hit 18.

d) D&D have really deep seated issues with women, (especially that girl who didn't realise how awesome they were back in high school.)

All of the above.

Also:

One thing about this scene, if there’s any remaining Sansa bashers out there, it’s like, if you don’t feel bad for Sansa now…

Right, then you really have something wrong with you. I swear, this show, after the first season when people were hating on Sansa. Showrunners [David Benioff and Dan Weiss] must have been like, “Okay, let’s do everything we can to make her the most abused, manipulated character!”

From Entertainment Weekly "Game of Thrones: Sophie Turner says she 'loved' that horrifying scene"

Note: I think Sophie was speaking in terms of acting. (hating the title of the interview...)

I love Sansa, and am sad that I have to sit here and defend that bitch Ramsey so you people can understand that this was Sansa's choice. I'm not trying to belittle her or you, just trying to justify why she is still in control of her actions, why she is being an independent woman and shit. But if you still want to play white-knight like I'm the epitome of evil and hate then that's cool too :dunno:​

Of course, because she had such a wide array of options! It's not like she was a prisoner in all but name, no. Oh, stoic empowered Sansa, she chose option a): rape, when she could've easily chosen to kill Ramsay and Roose with her laser eyes and then teleport outta Winterfell with the power of GreySkull!

Yeah, because Theon didn't already hate the Boltons. And no, Theon isn't going to kill Ramsay. That's Stannis's job.

What? Theon feared the Boltons. Having to watch that really pushed those limits, and it took time to show that.

Always disturbing.

Never surprising.

Yeah I'm finding that out lately. It was bad the last time I was real active on these boards, but now is just ridiculous. I went into this episode fully expecting what happened to happen, but that doesn't change the fact that it was horrible to watch.

Of course, because she had such a wide array of options! It's not like she was a prisoner in all but name, no. Oh, stoic empowered Sansa, she chose option a): rape, when she could've easily chosen to kill Ramsay and Roose with her laser eyes and then teleport outta Winterfell with the power of GreySkull!

She could have chose NOT to even go to Winterfell. She knew she was marrying someone, and she knew what marrying entails. Are you people being purposely dim to fuel hatred on the showrunners? Lmao.

What? Theon feared the Boltons. Having to watch that really pushed those limits, and it took time to show that.

Yep, because a female character's role is not her own storyline, but how she can be used to help the male character's storyline progress.

so.. Darth Sansa.. the so called player of the game of thrones, who had the Knights of the Vale protecting her... is now being raped by the worst monster in the show...

nicely done D&D.. that makes a lot of sense.

Nah, she had literally seven knights and they all left with Batfinger.

There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

-Why does it matter if Theon hates Ramsay, assuming he didn't already (btw he totally did)? He's not going to kill Ramsay. Book 5 ends with Ramsay leading an army out against Stannis, who apparently has a very good battle plan.

-What value is there in sabotaging Sansa's whole story line just for this?

-What was wrong with casting Jeyne?

-This IS NOT how his identity/redemption arc went in the books. He didn't just see Ramsay raping one girl after raping and murdering several already and THEN decide "no, this cannot stand". That isn't what made him Theon again.

She could have chose NOT to even go to Winterfell. She knew she was marrying someone, and she knew what marrying entails. Are you people being purposely dim to fuel hatred on the showrunners? Lmao.

And what would her bestie LF have done if she said no? Said "All right Sansa I brought you all this way under false pretenses but since you're not on board with it, let's go back to the Vale and I'll give you a feast of lemon cakes to make up for this. My bad, I thought you would've gone for this plan." ?

Doubt it.

Note: I think Sophie was speaking in terms of acting. (hating the title of the interview...)

Yeah she was. Horrifying scenes even if badly written, are often really great for the actors themselves. Mostly to brush up their chops and test themselves. But i dont think in terms of the story, Sophie Turner was pleased with having to do this at all.

you're honestly confusing me.

D&D chose to write that scene. they chose to make Sansa choose to marry Ramsey. I don't think they asked her (or georgie) what she wanted :laugh:

And what would her bestie LF have done if she said no? Said "All right Sansa I brought you all this way under false pretenses but since you're not on board with it, let's go back to the Vale and I'll give you a feast of lemon cakes to make up for this. My bad, I thought you would've gone for this plan."

It's not like he would have forced her. At that point she would hate him and give up all his skeevie plans to the Boltons or even make up some shit about him to put him in bad relations with them. Bolton already has reason to mistrust him. He wouldn't have risked it

Oh and just so we know what the scene was really about, Cogman on the episode :

"Cogman added that the scene is also “an important turning point” for Sansa. “She’s seen Theon and hated him and thinks he killed her brothers and betrayed them but she’s very conflicted by what she’s seeing there,” he said. "

So yeah, it's all about poor misunderstood Theon.

So let me understand: if I agree to watch an episode, knowing full well that it may contain rape, and it does include rape, I have no right to dislike it and hate on it because I "asked for it?"

Sansa knew she'd be marrying Ramsay. She never knew he'd rape her and make Theon watch. She didn't know he was crazy.

Yep, because a female character's role is not her own storyline, but how she can be used to help the male character's storyline progress.

Are you kidding me with that bullshit?

And what would her bestie LF have done if she said no? Said "All right Sansa I brought you all this way under false pretenses but since you're not on board with it, let's go back to the Vale and I'll give you a feast of lemon cakes to make up for this. My bad, I thought you would've gone for this plan." ?

Doubt it.

You're an idiot, she had ALL the power in the Vale, and he can NOT chance just forcing her to go somewhere. He HAS to be on her side for his plan to work.

You forgot to put "e) all the above", which would be my choice.

I think it was mainly done for Theon's redemption and to provide motivation for Jon's plan to go to Winterfell. TV fans have seen Theon suffer a lot the past couple of years and now they have a beloved fan favorite being raped. All the more reason to root for Theon and Jon. Also....more the reason to hate Littlefinger and the Boltons.

So taking a poll, does anyone think the scene was used for any of the reasons below:

a) They wanted to make sure the audience could love Theon again because he will rescue Sansa.

b )They can show how 'nice' St Tyrion was in comparison.

c) They have had no interest in Sansa's character from day 1 and have just been passing time until Sophie Turner hit 18.

d) D&D have really deep seated issues with women, (especially that girl who didn't realise how awesome they were back in high school.)

Edit:

E) All of the above (for those clever bunnies Pashernate and OldGimletEye who noticed 'd missed it!)

I replied to this, but the forums ate my post.

I think its B and D to be honest.

My mother's face during this scene made it even worse....:/

One of the worst things about this is that Sansa is once again occupying the role she's been in for the last four season. Victim. Since her arrival in Winterfell, she hasn't utilized anything that she's learned. All she's learned has been wiped away so that the show can have her play victim again.

Archived