Mad Max- Fury Road

AndyBaelish

I know there is a topic already made, but seeing as the search function isn't working for me-

The reviews are starting to come in. At 31 reviews it is sitting at 100% on RT and 89 on Metacritic.

This is my favorite quote I've read so far-

"The fourth instalment of George Millers punky post-apocalyptic Mad Max saga feels like a tornado tearing through a tea party. In an age of weightless movie spectacles, heres a movie that feels like it was made by kidnapping $150 million of studio money, fleeing with it to the Namibian desert, and sending footage back to Hollywood like the amputated body parts of a ransomed hostage."

I know there is a topic already made, but seeing as the search function isn't working for me-

The reviews are starting to come in. At 31 reviews it is sitting at 100% on RT and 89 on Metacritic.

This is my favorite quote I've read so far-

"The fourth instalment of George Millers punky post-apocalyptic Mad Max saga feels like a tornado tearing through a tea party. In an age of weightless movie spectacles, heres a movie that feels like it was made by kidnapping $150 million of studio money, fleeing with it to the Namibian desert, and sending footage back to Hollywood like the amputated body parts of a ransomed hostage."

I am super hyped for this!!! :drool:

Glad to see it getting good early reviews.

Really hope this does well. Blockbusters like this are what I want to see more of, but the proof is in the money; if the audience doesn't show up we'll just keep getting the other sort.

This is going to bomb in the box office.

A bad post.

I'm really looking forward to this and hope the reviews get it a lot more attention. It wasn't really on my radar until recently and then I've been watching the trailers a lot. I know trailers can easily make things look better than they are, but still. It just looks so fun and Miller sometimes just goes fucking insane in a way I find highly enjoyable.

I'm afraid Jack might be right. Max comes out at a really awkward time when whereI live and it is a rated R I think. I hope it does well, because I want more R-ratings in the future, but I wouldn't bet my money on it. I know I'll definitely go see it next week. It will probably the first movie in a really long time that I went will be going to see alone in the theatre, but so be it.

I'm afraid Jack might be right. Max comes out at a really awkward time when I live and it is a rated R I think. I hope it does well, because I want more R-ratings in the future, but I wouldn't bet my money on it. I know I'll definitely go see it next week. It will probably the first movie in a really long time that I went to see alone in the theatre, but so be it.

I knew I could count on Veltigar for logic! lol.

I'm afraid Jack might be right. Max comes out at a really awkward time when I live and it is a rated R I think. I hope it does well, because I want more R-ratings in the future, but I wouldn't bet my money on it. I know I'll definitely go see it next week. It will probably the first movie in a really long time that I went to see alone in the theatre, but so be it.

I don't think it will bomb. If the early reviews can be believed it sounds quite good. It also has Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in it, has an incredible trailer, and won't really be competing against anything major as far as I know. There's the fans from the original trilogy as well. Which is pretty much a cult classic.

I don't think it will bomb. If the early reviews can be believed it sounds quite good. It also has Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in it, has an incredible trailer, and won't really be competing against anything major as far as I know. There's the fans from the original trilogy as well. Which is pretty much a cult classic.

Hey, I hope you are right and that Mad Max becomes the surprise hit of the summer, but I know that I won't be surprised if it bombs. It has a lot riding against it I think, but I would be delighted if it does better than I expected. Especially since the reviews are glowing. My friends all bailed on this movie, but because of the good reviews I'll go see it alone, which is something I usually don't do.

Well, there's that juggernaut Age of Ultron. And I know something else is coming out soon too. Can't think of it in a drive through line though haha

But I am worried we'll have a Dredd situation where is pretty much universally liked, but fails because of its positioning.

Either way, as long as I like the movie, I'm just happy we got this one.

Well, there's that juggernaut Age of Ultron. And I know something else is coming out soon too. Can't think of it in a drive through line though haha

But I am worried we'll have a Dredd situation where is pretty much universally liked, but fails because of its positioning.

Either way, as long as I like the movie, I'm just happy we got this one.

Yeah I'm not sure what good reviews have to do with anything. Plenty of movies bombed with good critic scores.

Yeah I'm not sure what good reviews have to do with anything. Plenty of movies bombed with good critic scores.

It's called word of mouth. If something is good, and people like it they will probably talk about it. Which results in more people going to see it.

Yeah that helped Dredd.

I think the bigger names in the cast of Fury Road alone will make it more successful right of the bat. Karl Urban is no Tom Hardy.

Dredd also probably suffered from people still having a sour taste in their mouths from the Stallone version. Mad Max on the other hand has a fan base, and it's the same director.

I also don't recall Dredd being marketed that heavily at all. Fury Road has been, at least, given a decent push.

That said, it could still bomb, but I hope it doesn't. It looks pretty good.

Archived