Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

Why are you getting out of the house?

Lunch with a friend followed by something fun. It's been rescheduled twice, and this is the last week it could work for quite a while so I'm really hoping I get to go this time. I need a break from my family before summer hits. :D

ETA: lest anyone think I'm stuck here like Lady Donella, I do get "out" of the house, I just usually don't get out for anything purely fun. It's normally doctor's appointments, IEP meetings, or grocery shopping. Recreational outings are a treat.

Lunch with a friend followed by something fun. It's been rescheduled twice, and this is the last week it could work for quite a while so I'm really hoping I get to go this time. I need a break from my family before summer hits. :D

ETA: lest anyone think I'm stuck here like Lady Donella, I do get "out" of the house, I just usually don't get out for anything purely fun. It's normally doctor's appointments, IEP meetings, or grocery shopping. Recreational outings are a treat.

Hope you have/had fun ^_^. If I might ask, is there a reason you don't get ''out'' of the house so much? If it's too personal I'm sorry for asking. I just tend to get really curious when people say stuff like that :o.

Hope you have/had fun ^_^. If I might ask, is there a reason you don't get ''out'' of the house so much? If it's too personal I'm sorry for asking. I just tend to get really curious when people say stuff like that :o.

No problem at all. I have four children, three of them (the boys) are on the autism spectrum. Also my husband is disabled. It means a lot of time at home. Husband isn't wheelchair-bound or anything but there are limits to how much he can do.

June 6th, 2020.

As I walk through the narrow alleys on my way home I come across a bookshop with a rather peculiar poster on it's window. The poster depicts a man of old age with saggy clothing and a big fluffy beard. Upon closer inspection I notice that the poster is dated from 2016 and apparently has been hanging there for quite a while. I decide to walk into the store only to find out that there is no one on the first floor. The counter is dusty, but nowhere near as dusty as the books on the shelves. A lot of time has passed since someone cleaned these I assumed while glancing through the shop. Suddenly I hear feet walking down a stairs. My entrance has not gone unnoticed it seemed. Emerging from the stairs is an old man wearing what seems to be a nightgown for older women. ''Can I help you?'' the old man asked with a somewhat entitled tone in his voice. Flabbergasted as I was I decided to say the most stupid thing a man could say when confronted with a situation like this. ''Why the hell are you wearing a nightgown for women?'' I asked with a tone I did not recognize of myself. Why was I minding the business of an old man who clearly did not want me in this shop? I quickly glanced to the door and my suspicions were warranted, there was a ''closed'' sign in the window of the shop. ''I find them very comfortable and I prefer to be comforted when writing.'' he replied while a hint of blush was detectable on his face. I decided that asking the man what he was writing would be one step too far. I apologized to the man and bade him farewell. Upon leaving the shop the man approached me more closely and said, ''If you're interested in books you should take these books with you.'' As he handed me the books I noticed that there was a similarity in his face and that of the man on the poster.

To be continued, bump.

I looked that up. Not sure if I got the right meaning, but I'll say thank you in case the one I found happened to be correct.

It's japanese and I'm not exactly sure how to translate it, but it's an encouragement to continue, not to give up and that you'll manage.

It's japanese and I'm not exactly sure how to translate it, but it's an encouragement to continue, not to give up and that you'll manage.

That's basically what I got from Google Translate. :) Thank you!

I woke up sick this morning. Encouragement is very nice to get. :grouphug:

Archived