Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

On 3/13/2017 at 9:07 AM, Orphalesion said:

Is that were your username comes from?

I forgot to answer this one! Sorry about that.

My username comes from having a winter birthday. I could have gone with Winterborn, but that's kind of boring. And if I'd chosen Snowborn, someone would probably ask if my house was founded by a bastard from the North. :D

Cool idea. I lik your username :D

BTW I like bastards from the North, well except for Ramsay. 

Wheather is still good, but today was one of those days where every minute felt like an hour and I barely got anything done.

I should have worked on the application for my master's degree in the evening, but instead I was just browsing through this board ;) 

On 16/03/2017 at 8:18 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I forgot to answer this one! Sorry about that.

My username comes from having a winter birthday. I could have gone with Winterborn, but that's kind of boring. And if I'd chosen Snowborn, someone would probably ask if my house was founded by a bastard from the North. :D

Aha really nice etymology. I myself am spring born (April) and its my favourite season (and pretty much the only thing I miss whenever I live in a place that doesn't feature seasons) Which might go a long while to explain why I'm such a Tyrell fanboy, ha.

Anybody ever thought which Houses of Westeros would symbolize the seasons?

Winter - Starks (duh)

Spring - Tyrells (roses, growing strong yadda yadda)

Autumn - Baratheons (autumn storms and stags)

Summer - Martells (duh)  

Nice I don't really know where my ancestors come from. 

I'm not Belgian myself, I'm German. I'm just staying here for my internship. My knowledge about the country is limited as well. I know a bit about them, because they are our neighbours, but I don't know who the prime minister is for example. Actually, I don't really have contact with the locals, because all the people at our office are Germans. 

I know where maybe half of my ancestors (the ones I've been able to trace, that is) from. My mom's side is pretty well documented as far back as the Mayflower on one line. One of the other lines on her side was from Belgium. Dad's we're not sure about. Some came from England, some from Scotland, but the main line we don't know if it was Germany, Switzerland, Austria or where. I even found some people with that surname in Sweden and Hungary, but it's definitely a Germanic name.

On 20.3.2017 at 8:33 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I know where maybe half of my ancestors (the ones I've been able to trace, that is) from. My mom's side is pretty well documented as far back as the Mayflower on one line. One of the other lines on her side was from Belgium. Dad's we're not sure about. Some came from England, some from Scotland, but the main line we don't know if it was Germany, Switzerland, Austria or where. I even found some people with that surname in Sweden and Hungary, but it's definitely a Germanic name.

Wow that's far back. I find genealogy pretty intersting. Cool that you know so much about you ancestors. No one ever bothered to do the research in my family, but I would be really interested in knowing who my ancestors were. 

Well I didn't do any of the work on that. It was done before. Somebody thought it was important to keep track apparently. Sadly our Mayflower guy is untraceable in England. We found his marriage record, but his name is so common that we can't trace where he came from or who his parents were, or anything like that. There's even confusion about how many times he was married, or his wife was married. I think I've got all that straightened out (the supposed first wife actually was the step-mother of the woman he married), but I wish I could go back a bit farther on him. Even just what he sold as a merchant would be nice to know.

I found one line on a website that tied my dad back to the House of Lancaster...but the links have no proof so it's probably not true. And I can find nothing on the supposed Native American ancestry in his line. Mom's is documented. I'll have to ask her who put all that info together. It was someone from a previous generation. 

There are some websites you could use, if you know your grandparents' names and where they lived. You have to be careful about wrong info on some, but I managed to trace my dad's main line back to pre-revolutionary New York Colony. Hit a dead end at that point. The other lines are questionable. I'll have to look at them again and see where the verified information runs out.

Of course you are you are the Mother of Games and and Queen of Pumping :D

I was too busy to visit this board. Had to finish my Master's application and then I spend the week-end with sighseeing and visitng several Belgian cities. 

Hope you're better now. 

Did you have a cold?

I had fun doing sightseeing I did it together with some other interns and it was great, but exhausting. 

Now I have regular internship days again which means a lot of work. 

And I proofread for another writer and she just send me a new chapter which is good because I love her novel so far :D 

On 3/29/2017 at 0:44 PM, Queen of Procrastination said:

Did you have a cold?

I had fun doing sightseeing I did it together with some other interns and it was great, but exhausting. 

Now I have regular internship days again which means a lot of work. 

And I proofread for another writer and she just send me a new chapter which is good because I love her novel so far :D 

Nah. My annual winter stomach flu. Used to be I'd end up in the Emergency Room, but it's gotten less severe each year. Does knock me off my feet for a few days though.

I'm glad you got to have some fun. Also great that you're enjoying the novel you're proofreading!

13 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Nah. My annual winter stomach flu. Used to be I'd end up in the Emergency Room, but it's gotten less severe each year. Does knock me off my feet for a few days though.

Argh that sucks

13 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'm glad you got to have some fun. Also great that you're enjoying the novel you're proofreading!

Well I'm actually beta-reading two at the moment and I like both of them, though I like this one a little bit better :D 

Archived