[Book spoilers] Frey reinforcements in winterfell

I do not think that there will be any Freys in Winterfell this season other than Walda. They seem to be cutting corners. The only forces that are confired to be conflicting to one degree or another this season is

Stannis vs Roose

other potential forces intervening

Wildings/Freefolk

Vale

Northern Stark Loyalists

With that said, I would think that since they are speeding up all things in the show it seems that the North may be settled this year or early next season.

it just seems that "Mother Fat Walda Frey" would want her family at the marriage of her new son "Ramsay".

If the wedding was to be in episode 8, 9 or 10, I would agree with you but since it is being sped up to this Sunday, no. Could you imagine if Lord Walder Frey himself would attend? I am also kind of surprised that Sansa as of yet, has not asked about the remains of her mother and brother, where are they? I guess the show runners do not care about that and also that Sansa's wolf "Lady" is supposedly burried in or near Winterfell.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I honestly think Stannis is going to win. No way will he win end-game, but I think they can give him a win against Roose and Ramsay at least, right?

.... right?!

:frown5:

With the Stannis scenes in E4 and 5, I'm losing faith. He is TOO likable right now!

If the wedding was to be in episode 8, 9 or 10, I would agree with you but since it is being sped up to this Sunday, no. Could you imagine if Lord Walder Frey himself would attend? I am also kind of surprised that Sansa as of yet, has not asked about the remains of her mother and brother, where are they? I guess the show runners do not care about that and also that Sansa's wolf "Lady" is supposedly burried in or near Winterfell.

And what is she going to say? "Oh, hey Roose. By any chance, do you remember where you dumped by mother and brother's bodies after you betrayed and murdered them?"

And what is she going to say? "Oh, hey Roose. By any chance, do you remember where you dumped by mother and brother's bodies after you betrayed and murdered them?"

Well actually it was the Freys that did the dumping.

It would be a legitimate question for a daughter in law. the unspoken tension is just almost unrealistic to a certain degree. you would think she would ask him for a word. Also, Roose knows the answer to all of these things. He just sits there and stares.

Once the writers deviated from the original storyline, then questions like these are fair game and should be expected. Maybe that is why she went to the crypts.....to see who had been buried there recently. A scene in the Godswood would be nice to see too.

D&D have also went without Jon's advice of rallying the mountain clans of the North to Stannis for some numbers. I would not be surprised if indeed the blizzard comes and kills off much of Stannis' army as they are Southerns and not used to the North. Big disadvantage there. BUT replace the the Mountain clans with a rallying force led by Brienne and Pod and there you have your triumphant surprise heroic ending, much like how many think that TWOW will turn out - a surprise victory for the Mannis amongst overwhelming odds.

I think the show is going to take us viewers on more of a rollercoster, first thinking Stannis will win outright because of the numbers, being rested & well fed etc. Then tear his likely hood of winning as he marches Southward to buildup the anticipation and anxiety that he may not even make it to WF and in marches the cavalry a la Tywin/Loras in the Blackwater scene and all is won. I don't see the Mannis losing again like he did in the Blackwater where he had the overwhelming numbers and odds that he would take KL.

You know, the Brienne and Pod scene, fightinging in the snow, Stannis shots of him in blood, I think Stannis takes the camp/village outside Winterfell where Brienne is and is laying seige to Winterfell before the season ends. At some point, Sansa or she will have Theon who will be back from "Reek" is gonna light that candle. Maybe Sansa herself and when she does, a trap is gonna spring on her and that is when I think Ramsay will go really bad for her. You just known that candle is goingt to be lit at some point.

Archived