The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Yeah... It seems that the concept of distance is far less important when you can ran at speed of Mach 1.

If that is the point, than I would be OK. But we all know better. Thing is that we have Iris and that Barry will never be "done" with the romance. I am also infuriated by how Joe, his father figure, is so OK with him not having love with his love. The award for the worse parenting on TV, snatched from Cersei Lannister, goes to Joe West. Like seriously, "I am totally cool, my dear boy, with the fact you won't be having any love in your life".

Yeah, actually I thought Joe was going to tell him not to give up on Patty. But hey, maybe he secretly wants Iris and Barry to be together so he's happy to facilitate the demise of any rival relationship, albeit not actively.

7 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Same.

I also agree with the rest of the thread that Patty was pointless as well. I dont see the point with bringing in these girlfriends who add nothing to the story or any growth. Barry still hasn't learned shit. Also, even if Patty goes to the other side of the country, whats to stop Zoom from getting her anyway?

All it has established is that Barry is emotionally inept when it comes to relationships, a serial liar and pretty heartless.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Yeah... It seems that the concept of distance is far less important when you can ran at speed of Mach 1.

If that is the point, than I would be OK. But we all know better. Thing is that we have Iris and that Barry will never be "done" with the romance. I am also infuriated by how Joe, his father figure, is so OK with him not having love with his love. The award for the worse parenting on TV, snatched from Cersei Lannister, goes to Joe West. Like seriously, "I am totally cool, my dear boy, with the fact you won't be having any love in your life".

It was one of the first times I've been left scratching my head with Joe. He's usually one of the most consistently mature/well written of the show. But that scene did feel off with him essentially clapping him on the back for being a douche. I also thought the earlier scene was going to have Joe say something like "you're already hurting her, Barry, man-up"

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

It was one of the first times I've been left scratching my head with Joe. He's usually one of the most consistently mature/well written of the show. But that scene did feel off with him essentially clapping him on the back for being a douche. I also thought the earlier scene was going to have Joe say something like "you're already hurting her, Barry, man-up"

It makes me wonder how often Jesse Martin changes his own lines in the past to reflect actual human behavior, and maybe he's starting to phone it in (or just how a bad day filming there).

18 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

It makes me wonder how often Jesse Martin changes his own lines in the past to reflect actual human behavior, and maybe he's starting to phone it in (or just how a bad day filming there).

I also get the impression that Jesse Martin maybe riffs on the script to the show's benefit. Maybe he was having an off-day or busy thinking the character would probably be more distracted about his new-found sun and dying wife

50 minutes ago, red snow said:

Oh, yeah... One would think that Joe would have raised Barry NOT TO BE that sort of douche. Because, by the end of the episode, I was thought that entire episode made Barry look like a real douche. Like, totally not cool, bro.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Yeah, actually I thought Joe was going to tell him not to give up on Patty. But hey, maybe he secretly wants Iris and Barry to be together so he's happy to facilitate the demise of any rival relationship, albeit not actively.

I truly hope this will make some sense... The problem is that this season is quite off and on, more off than usual. Like, the jokes are not as funny, entire arcs are being pointless, Iris is getting worse than Laurel, like entirely irrelevant. The thing with Wally is moving at un-Flashy rate. Jay, Gods know why we need him... Like seriously,this was so "kinda OK to watch it" in Season 1. Now, it is just "What am I watching?"

Both Arrow and Flash are not having their year this season.

20 minutes ago, red snow said:

I also get the impression that Jesse Martin maybe riffs on the script to the show's benefit. Maybe he was having an off-day or busy thinking the character would probably be more distracted about his new-found sun and dying wife

You'd think being reflective about his wife and son would make him feel like close relationships and love are more important to have in life, and not steer Barry in the opposite direction.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm not saying it's necessarily consistent, but Joe has some really... interesting tendencies, exemplified mostly in the way he treats Iris. Forbidding her to become a cop, insisting on keeping her in the dark about Barry's powers, telling Eddie that if Joe consented to the two of them getting married (which he also refused to do), Eddie would have decision-making powers over Iris' life...

This season he revealed how very, very much he would have liked to have a son (while seemingly neglecting his daughter; you know, the one whose fiancé just died in an effort to save the world from Barry's stupidity?) and when he found out about Wally, he immediately imagined all the things the kid could never have learned properly growing up because his biological father wasn't in the picture.

That last part actually kind of explains why he seemed to be more supportive of Barry than Iris from the very start, but it sure does not make him look good.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Both Arrow and Flash are not having their year this season.

I think Arrow is mostly on form this year, completely pointless flashbacks notwithstanding. The Flash is losing a lot of the shine that made it possible to ignore the flaws in the first season, mostly by making the same mistakes that Arrow has already made repeatedly over the years: insisting on melodramatic plots that accomplish nothing but making us dislike the characters involved, and keeping useless characters that eat up screentime around for no good reason.

Well, for  a show that borders on hatewatch for me, I thought this was a decent ep.

Nice how they tied in the saga of the Wild Wests with Tar Pit and Wells.  Must've been such a shock to Joe and Barry when Wells told the truth ( yeah, I know he didn't  mention killing the Turtle but when was this show consistent?).

It was hypocritical for Joe and Barry to say they miss Patty  but that's the sort of thing I've come to expect.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Must've been such a shock to Joe and Barry when Wells told the truth

Yeah, no wonder Joe lost it. His entire worldview was threatened by that much honesty.:P

Of course more screentime for Iris means making her a victim so the men in her life can worry about her...

But hey, Barry almost came across as heroic in his speech at the end there. Maybe there is hope.

From IGN

"Wells has evolved into the most complex and tormented character on the show this season. The audience has every reason to hate him as he schemes behind everyone’s backs and plots to betray Barry to Zoom. But it’s impossible to hate Wells."

...No, It is not, I hate Wells  a ton, but not for the fact that he is scheming, I hate him because he's the biggest moron in a series full of them. Suppose Zoom does get Barry's speed. What is to stop Zoom from going back on his word (not giving Jesse back or giving her back as a corpse) and what's to stop Zoom from doing something worse afterwards? Who's gonna stop him?

Well they do say that every villain is the hero of his own story but this is getting kind of ridiculous. Team Flash has probably broken more laws than the people they're trying to stop by now. And who would ever tell them anything when their response is assault and illegal imprisonment? 

At least the villains seem to know that what they're doing is wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

First crossover will take place on Supergirl March 28th. Sadly it seems nobody here is still watching it.

I'm watching Supergirl.  Actually have Mrs. Jax watching it too.  Sadly, we're not watching it other than on the DVR at the moment.

Archived