The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

17 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Supergirl doubles The Flash's ratings. The Flash is consistently around 3.5 million while Supergirl stays above 7 million viewers.

Their demo numbers are pretty close (1.5 for Supergirl and 1.4 for Flash this week), plus Supergirl is on CBS with higher ratings expectations and a higher budget. I can't imagine CBS is very happy with its performance. 

This was probably one of the better episodes of the season, but there was still some hilarious stupid.  Like the fact that Harry has stated explicitly that he will always choose his daughter over the team and Barry still acting shocked that Harry would 'betray' him (is it even betrayal when you're told it's going to happen?).  At least Barry finally had a decent thought in his simple head and realized that the alleged superhero should work with Harry in order to find Jessie.  

Good news on Flash / Supergirl crossover. I guess that is the most sensible crossover between CBS and the CW. The second best Crossover would be Felicity Smoke heading to National City to help with some cyber-hacking, but mostly for the purposes of having Felicity and Winslow geek out with each other and make Supergirl a bit jelly and suddenly start to "notice" Winslow. If that's what they want.

I'm still having fun with Flash, I just try not to think too much when I'm watching. I do think it is always stupid when a "good" person gets forced into doing bad stuff because a totally evil villain promises to let a family member go if the good guy betrays his team. Really? Does anyone still think these evil villains would actually let someone go? Until they give us villain with a bit of character development of their own that makes it seem like there's a bit of humanity or at least some sort of sense of honour where they do keep their word, then these sorts of things are rather tiresome. However I think it is good that Wells realises his daughter is lost unless Zoom is defeated after Well's conversation with Zoom.

Decent episode probably more good than bad but still a lot of stupid.

Wally feels more like "Dexter" of late like a sociopath trying to pretend to be human. That whole "My heart is broken" monologue was a head scratcher considering it was all his own doing. I feel far more sorry for Patty.

And I have to stop myself from screaming at the TV every time a character compares Wells to Zoom Wells. THEY WERE DIFFERENT PEOPLE! It makes absolutely no sense and all of those characters should know that.

I had a laugh at misinterpreting a scene where I decided that Wells decided to betray Barry based on overhearing Barry and Cisco's banal conversation. I also like how Wells keeps pointing out that his earh-1 is his homeworld.

Tar-pit was a pretty pointless villain but I guess there's something somewhere dictating a meta has to be in every episode. It was nice to see Iris do some investigative journalism and be relatively smart when confronting the criminal.

I haven't watched Supergirl. Too many super shows taking up my time as it is and the fact it's by the Flash/Arrow people makes me wary as I sometimes think I shouldn't be watching them. But I can see how Supergirl could benefit from some of the Flash viewers as I suspect there isn't 100% crossover. The problem is CBS demand far higher ratings for their shows. At least we know Flash/Arrow are happy to incorporate cancelled shows. Supergirl would probably make a welcome guest star on Flash - especially if she's as "good" as Superman. I don't think they'd look too kindly on imprisoning people and coming up with weapons that are as likely to kill a meta as apprehend them.

Oh, boy... DC TV Universe is not doing great this year... Between boredom of Supergirl and flop that two first episodes of LoT were, Arrow's questionable flashbacks and well, entire season of Flash, I think I have found which shows will be out of my watchlist next season... Seriously, they are pushing all the wrong buttons.

In short:

1. Pointlessness of Iris continues... At least Laurel transformed into a Canary.

2. Joe and the lack of sense. Like, seriously, dude, WTF?

3. Tar-Pit... Of all the possible scenarios, coming up with " Cisco made thingy that Barry will just throw and Joe will finish the guy by punching him" was definitely the worst one.

4. Oh, and Caitlyn... What is she doing? Interestingly, out of 6 cast members, three are completely obsolete. 

I do find the Meta Human creation thing quite funny actually, someone should compile a list of all the wacky event s that were coincidentally happening in Central City on one particular night. It just struck me as odd that two people fell to their deaths in molten vats, and were then transformed into metas.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

And I have to stop myself from screaming at the TV every time a character compares Wells to Zoom Wells. THEY WERE DIFFERENT PEOPLE! It makes absolutely no sense and all of those characters should know that.

Yeah, and they just had a run-in with the real Thawne to drive the point home. Wells is not some dude from the future who hates Barry for no good reason.

5 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Images from next weeks episode: http://screenrant.com/the-flash-season-2-earth-2-barry-allen-deathstorm/

I'm looking forward to it just in hope that it shakes things up, because what they're doing so far this season isn't really working for me.

It looks like a really bad version of the "Fringe" concept but it should at least give the actors something to do as I hope they all have doubles.

5 hours ago, Risto said:

Oh, boy... DC TV Universe is not doing great this year... Between boredom of Supergirl and flop that two first episodes of LoT were, Arrow's questionable flashbacks and well, entire season of Flash, I think I have found which shows will be out of my watchlist next season... Seriously, they are pushing all the wrong buttons.

In short:

1. Pointlessness of Iris continues... At least Laurel transformed into a Canary.

2. Joe and the lack of sense. Like, seriously, dude, WTF?

3. Tar-Pit... Of all the possible scenarios, coming up with " Cisco made thingy that Barry will just throw and Joe will finish the guy by punching him" was definitely the worst one.

4. Oh, and Caitlyn... What is she doing? Interestingly, out of 6 cast members, three are completely obsolete. 

1. I don't think I'd dislike her as much as Laurel. I thought they actually made better use of her this week and it felt like they could use that for her to be more involved in an organic way down the road. She is supposed to be a meta journalist, right? Heck she could be the one compiling data on all the victims of wacky accidents that night.

2. Joe's been a bit off the last couple of episodes whereas he's usually the show's anchor. That and the actor usually nails it but either he's not on super human form or the material is really poor.

3. Yeah I'm not great on the physics of Tar but I'm still confused at how super heating him turned him to stone and cooling him down liquified him?

4. Her big character moment this week was that she now wears a black leather lab coat. I think she had a haircut too but no-one mentioned it. Why does everyone ignore her?

6 hours ago, Risto said:

Yep. They'll all convinced me to drop them at the end of the season, because I hate dropping a show before the arc is completed. Although Arrow did a good enough job that it got dropped midseason, so it is exceptional in that regard :thumbsup: Supergirl is really fizzling to a stop, as I can barely be bothered to watch it anymore, I still haven't watched this week's and only for around to last week's yesterday. It never had the chance to become a show I was hate watching like Arrow.

4 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Yep. They'll all convinced me to drop them at the end of the season, because I hate dropping a show before the arc is completed. Although Arrow did a good enough job that it got dropped midseason, so it is exceptional in that regard :thumbsup: Supergirl is really fizzling to a stop, as I can barely be bothered to watch it anymore, I still haven't watched this week's and only for around to last week's yesterday. It never had the chance to become a show I was hate watching like Arrow.

It looks like TV is the place to go for all those people excitedly predicting the advent of "superhero fatigue". I think the films have plenty of life left (and possiby the netflix ones) but the 20 episodes a year of 6+ super shows is tiring. Especially when  of them essentially have the same template and problems that come with it.

Some people om the Arrow thread are claiming the show has improved since the mid season break but I think I'd need more than two episodes to know if it's just a fluke.

It looks like TV is the place to go for all those people excitedly predicting the advent of "superhero fatigue". I think the films have plenty of life left (and possiby the netflix ones) but the 20 episodes a year of 6+ super shows is tiring. Especially when  of them essentially have the same template and problems that come with it..

:agree: 

Some people om the Arrow thread are claiming the show has improved since the mid season break but I think I'd need more than two episodes to know if it's just a fluke.

:lol: More likely: they're hoping to trick some suckers into picking the show back up.  Well it's not going to work on me!

4 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

I am going to watch the next next two Earth 2 episodes and then im dropping this. Im very intrigued about Killer Frost and all the other alternate versions, but the idea of a Supergirl crossover on top of all the other stupidity is too much.

Ugh.  I thought we were at least at episode 15 or 16, but this week was just 12... I don't know if I can handle another 11 episodes for this season.

Is anyone surprised at how bad any of these DC/CW shows are?.... They've always ranged from barely watchable to utterly atrocious....I've never watched them because they were "good".... I watch them because I'm a nerd and they're about superheroes.... My wife and I goof on them in real time like we're Crow & Tom Servo....

21 hours ago, Risto said:

The problems with Iris and Laurel are completely different. The writers spent years trying to make Laurel happen at every cost, giving her much story focus. Inexplicably, all of those storylines sucked, so the goal was never achieved. They've now mostly allowed her to settle into a sidekick role. Unless an episode's story is explicitly about her, she gets maybe one scene and otherwise only shows up when there's fighting to be done.

Iris on the other hand gets very little to do. This last episode was an actual improvement for her, with the writers remembering that she's got that journalist thing and that they could use it. Contrary to Laurel, they don't really try to build her up at all, apparently believing that as long as our alleged hero is in love with her and will ultimately end up marrying her we will care enough. On top of that they undercut her character time and again through her own father. On a better show this would be deliberate and the payoff might be worth it, but I'm pretty sure the Flash writers don't even realise they're doing it.

14 hours ago, red snow said:

It looks like TV is the place to go for all those people excitedly predicting the advent of "superhero fatigue".

I don't really buy into the idea of genre fatigue. The problem with the comic shows on TV right now is that they all have mediocre writing dragging them down (except for iZombie, that show's biggest problem is the procedural formula), the concepts in and of themselves are decent enough, certainly no worse than the police procedurals that have been a mainstain on TV since pretty much forever.

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:lol: More likely: they're hoping to trick some suckers into picking the show back up.  Well it's not going to work on me!

It really has been better of late, but don't worry, there's one terribly bad plot in the background that will come to a head sometime in the second half of the season. Plus they just kicked off a new storyline that could very well correct some past mistakes, but given the show's track record it probably won't and it will instead be infuriating.

Also, the flashbacks are quite possibly worse than they've ever been.

4 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Is anyone surprised at how bad any of these DC/CW shows are?

At their best they're great fun and you can ignore the stupid. When the fun goes away, though, you're only left with the shitty parts of the writing.

Archived