The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

So I glimpsed John Wesley Shipp Flash, and Supergirl; I believe there was another one, but I'm not sure who...

Anyway, I'm well aware of the arguments against taking this show seriously but frozen laser beams are one thing (which I took as just a comic-booky , Adam West Batman thingie to do), but portraying Barry Allen as a clueless asshole and an idiot is another and just keeps marring the show for me.

It was quite poetic Barry finding himself in a cage not dissimilar to the one on Earth-1 but I doubt this was intentional.

Anyway, about Zoom, I guess it's down to him being Hunter Zolomon, or a variation of Henry Allen? Though I am still not completely counting out E-2 Barry and Eddie Thawne. 

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Interesting speed dial Barry2.0 had.

Yeah - almost to the point I was wondering how powerless Earth-2 BArry was.

I like how psychotic the show is accidentally/carelessly making Barry. He's more disturbed than Arrow/Batman at this stage and if the show was aiming to be about the downfall of a hero this would all be good set up.

So he knocks out his doppelganger and steals his life without even bothering to ask? I presume he threw Earth-2 Barry into a cell? Then he allows someone to make sexual advances on him. If someone had an identical twin and pulled that shit it would be sexual assault or some form of rape (thank god he didn't actually sleep with Iris). But then when he's got earth-2 Joseph mortally injured he decides it's better to watch him die rather than this world's BArry. Can't wait to see how e2 Iris feels about that when it all shakes out.

Thankfully Wells was around as a voice of reason pointing out how these people aren't them and they shouldn't be distracted. Then again he's talking to people who assume he's evil because another man from the future stole his body.

Yet again evidence is presented that would semi-rescue the redudancy of Jay Garrick. I was almost hoping he transformed into Zoom when pointless villain of the week tried to kill him. It would totally fit as he admits he's addicted to speed (like Zoom) and kept going on about side-effects (turns evil). His "dying" is merely cold turkey. The problem is it can't be him unless they pull out some bullshit "he vibrates to be in two places at the same time" excuse (which they've sort of established when Jay taught Barry the trick at the beginning of the season. That or even more comic booky "Jay became so fast that he vibrated the evil part of him into a separate entity"

It's really weird how there's so many ways to make it look like there was a season plan there all along. But I don't beleive the writers have done so.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Anyway, about Zoom, I guess it's down to him being Hunter Zolomon, or a variation of Henry Allen? Though I am still not completely counting out E-2 Barry and Eddie Thawne. 

I do worry that Zolomon is their cop out and that he also invented V6 and has been Zoom in E2. No good reason why he didn't take down E1 Flash first but guess it will be some BS about not being powerful enough in season 1/afraid of reverse Flash.

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

So, did I hear correctly and that Zoom didn't actually steal Jay's powers and it was the whatever serum that did it?  Why exactly aren't they trying to sell this to Zoom? 

Well if it was the ideal scenario of "zoom is jay" I guess he wouldn't really fall for that one.

Earth 2 was fairly fun if not for the "Barry is evil" concept that underpinned it all. I enjoyed Deadshot's appearance -the actor is quite likeable. Shame WB screwed him over so Will Smith could play him. I've probably forgot but have Flash and Deadshot met in the show before? Barry seemed to treat him like an old adversary.

EDIT: There shoul be some mention of how evil/messed up Barry is in the next thread title. I got to do "stupidiest man alive" - so I'll let the honour go to someone else.

Earth 2 is so much more fun than Earth 1. Everybody hamming it up to their heart's content, and of course parallel universe stories are always great for killing off characters like there's no tomorrow. You probably shouldn't try to milk those deaths for drama, though.

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Ok, so Earth 2 was way funner than Earth 1 but geez, Barry is the worst person ever.  There was zero reason to allow Iris to continue believing he was her husband, especially after she began to kiss him and then later started changing in front of him.  He's just a step away from adding sexual assaulter to his list of villainous behaviors.  Then, of course, he can't even allow the real Earth 2 Barry to be with his wife when her father days.  Ugh.  Can't take it.

Really par for the course for him at this point. I can't believe nobody in the writers' room is realising what they're doing with the character.

2 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

So I glimpsed John Wesley Shipp Flash, and Supergirl; I believe there was another one, but I'm not sure who...

Some different version of Green Arrow (or maybe more accurately: some guy in a green mask and a hood wielding a bow).

53 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's really weird how there's so many ways to make it look like there was a season plan there all along. But I don't beleive the writers have done so.

Probably a side effect of just throwing shit onto the screen to see what sticks. Of course if you're doing that, at some point you have to take a step back and pick out what you want to work with going forward...

1 hour ago, red snow said:

EDIT: There shoul be some mention of how evil/messed up Barry is in the next thread title. I got to do "stupidiest man alive" - so I'll let the honour go to someone else.

My vote is for Dr. Pepper's "alleged superhero".

The alternate earth stuff was great. Evil Cisco, Killer Frost and Deathstorm was all great (and it made me realize how much of a better Firestorm Robbie Amell is over the other guy). Deadshot was also quite fun and Jesse L Martin got to show off his singing skill.

But Barry is just terrible. Not only is his plan completely idiotic, it is also morally reprehensible.

The meta human detector thing on everyone's wrist was annoying me.   

First, Iris-2's detector goes off when she gets close to Barry, but she dismisses it.   Then everyone in Joe-2's lounge audience has their detector go off when Killer Frost and Deathstorm show up, even though Barry has been sitting there the whole time with nothing happening.   Cisco and Barry walk into the police station and nothing happens.  And finally Iris-2 is wandering in the warehouse with Cisco and Barry, but again the detector doesn't go off until Killer Frost and Deathstorm come in.  Do these only detect meta humans with evil intent?

They could hand wave it away as saying Earth-1's meta humans are on a different frequency, but then they shouldn't have had the detector go off for Barry in his first meeting with Iris-2.

45 minutes ago, Leofric said:

They could hand wave it away as saying Earth-1's meta humans are on a different frequency, but then they shouldn't have had the detector go off for Barry in his first meeting with Iris-2.

Barry's frequency temporarily changed when she kissed him. :leer:

Archived