The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

This thread desperately needs to get to 400 posts so we can use the "Stupidest man alive" title.

I guess it's not entirely Barry's fault that Argus can provide a transport to their blacksite prison but can't provide security? Though of course if Barry hadn't bothered to hire security, nothing bad would have happened at all. Apart from a bunch of people still being illegally imprisoned. So, is that a net win? This show is getting confusing...

Carry on.

Great title

To give red snow his due:

The Flash - the stupidest man alive.

Agreed. In the spirit of the title, I ask why did they need Captain Cold at all? They still have Cisco - just have him make another cold gun if you need a cold gun that badly. It takes him like 5 minutes.

Nothing about the way Cold and his gang get treated by the show makes sense. And if these guns are so incredibly powerful, why not make a few more, if not for the police at least arm the non-superpowered members of Team Flash or something. And wasn't the cold gun designed to stop Barry? Why the hell aren't they using that technology on Wells?

I concur with everyone who thinks Barry magicking away all of the internets crap on Snart was ridiculous. Like, how hard would it have been to get Cisco or Catelyn to do it. Although I guess when they filmed it they probably didn't realise how stupid Barry looks on a weekly basis.

There is nothing to say that Caitlin or Cisco didn't do it and they just wrote a program for him to upload since thats all it was.

Nothing about the way Cold and his gang get treated by the show makes sense. And if these guns are so incredibly powerful, why not make a few more, if not for the police at least arm the non-superpowered members of Team Flash or something. And wasn't the cold gun designed to stop Barry? Why the hell aren't they using that technology on Wells?

I can live with it given he's fun. But there was zero reason for Barry to involve him this episode other than to give a decent reason for all of Barry's rogues to get free.

I've voiced my questions about continuity in the last thread, but I'll truly hold of criticising until we've seen Arrow today.

Yeah, couldn't quite restrain myself on that matter , my excuse being the glossing over the prison was making me cranky(er).

About Eddie, I said what I said 'cause in real life, letting someone who's not that into you is usually the right thing to do, but since it's this show we're talking about, you're probably right.

i like the new subtitle of stupidest man alive because it makes me feel better about myself. and now for today's question: if the Reverse Flash is also fast..... how is that the reverse? (no comics background + only about 50 minutes total show viewing time)

I had thought that RevFlash's power was moving time relative to himself as opposed to moving fast which was what the second (there's been more than one) Reverse-Flash did in the comics but that doesn't seem to be the case here but it would have made the name a bit more appropriate...I think...

...so I guess they only called him Reverse-Flash (first one ) when he was created back in the sixties or something 'cause of the costume and Eobard, bad and Barry, good.

To give red snow his due:

Thanks for the credit :)

I hadn't actually thought of the fact Cisco made all those guns and that there's no good reason why he can't make more, They should definitely lock him up in a cell. Just to be safe.

I also found it funny how Boomerang was so dangerous he hadn't to go to arrow island. Guy with razor sharp boomerangs - I can see how no standard prison couldn't possibly hold him.

I hadn't actually thought of the fact Cisco made all those guns and that there's no good reason why he can't make more, They should definitely lock him up in a cell. Just to be safe.

Cisco could be the Leonard of Quirm of the Flash/Arrow universe. Too prone to come up with really dangerous technology without thinking about the consequences to let him roam free.

I also found it funny how Boomerang was so dangerous he hadn't to go to arrow island. Guy with razor sharp boomerangs - I can see how no standard prison couldn't possibly hold him.

I think it was more that Boomerang was an Argus prisoner, and the facility on the island is run by them. It seemed at the time that maybe Arrow would be doing more with that idea (possible base for the Suicide Squad), but then it just was dropped. Not that they needed more plotlines on that show...

I think it was more that Boomerang was an Argus prisoner, and the facility on the island is run by them. It seemed at the time that maybe Arrow would be doing more with that idea (possible base for the Suicide Squad), but then it just was dropped. Not that they needed more plotlines on that show...

You'd almost think there was a suicide squad film coming out and they were told not to?

You'd almost think there was a suicide squad film coming out and they were told not to?

Could certainly be that. On the other hand, I'd never bet against the Arrow or Flash writers just fucking up on their own. Case in point season 3 of the former show.

Could certainly be that. On the other hand, I'd never bet against the Arrow or Flash writers just fucking up on their own. Case in point season 3 of the former show.

A season of Olly with the suicide squad would be a great way to stir things up. My worry is that CW maybe think the show is working fine as is. I've no idea what the ratings are like but if they remain solid they don't really have much to go on other than online whining. If they did pay attention I doubt we'd have Laurel in the show still.

It seems there's a meta crossover of Arrow/Flash threads at the moment.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it cringeworthy when flash spins his arms around to great wind tunnels?

Did Flash seriously just lose to Captain Cold - a regular damn human - for the third time? Wtf? He manages to do the arm pinwheel thing to overpower a metahuman but somehow he's totally unable to capture a regular person? Is Cold actually metahuman with the special skill being making Barry as dumb and worthless as possible?

Well, guess the best part of this episode is that the heroes are no longer torturing prisoners.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it cringeworthy when flash spins his arms around to great wind tunnels?

I'm sure most fans who don't read the comics, hate that power.

I'm so used to it, that it doesn't bother me.

But i agree, it looks weird on TV.

I truly love this show, but i really need to turn my brain off for me to enjoy it. I hope the writers do a better job in season 2 to have a more....consistent power/intelligence level for Barry.

Archived