"how did you FIND it" - what's he on about?

The Fourth Head

Ramsay and Roose had a discussion that I struggled to follow.

Ramsay asked Roose how he managed to get Walda pregnant. As someone who is clearly familiar with sex, this question seems odd.

To back it up, he then asks how Roose "found it" to which Roose bizzarely answers that Ramsey disgraced himself at dinner.

Does anyone else find this dialogue strange? Is there a really simple explanation i'm missing here? Does Ramsey imagine all Roose's offspring are "found", that Roose can't procreate and that he is just a foster son? Or something else?

For those who don't have a giant stick up their butt, it was a really funny scene! :laugh:

And it shows that Ramsay thought that the marriage with Walda was just for the alliance with the Freys, now he realizes that she could give Roose another son, and that would be a danger for him... A great foreshadowing for what's coming next...

As i was watching the Ramsay scenes in the last episode i started to think about how different he is to the book version. Iwan Rheon is doing a great job but the show version just doesnt feel as 'scary' or 'twisted' as the book version. It honestly doesnt even seem like he is that bad to Reek. I know he has been tortured but he treats him a lot better than he in the book

His 'relationship' with Myranda is my biggest problem. The Ramsay from the books would not let anyone, let alone a low born woman, talk to him or even fight with him the way she did.

As i was watching the Ramsay scenes in the last episode i started to think about how different he is to the book version. Iwan Rheon is doing a great job but the show version just doesnt feel as 'scary' or 'twisted' as the book version. It honestly doesnt even seem like he is that bad to Reek. I know he has been tortured but he treats him a lot better than he in the book

His 'relationship' with Myranda is my biggest problem. The Ramsay from the books would not let anyone, let alone a low born woman, talk to him or even fight with him the way she did.

I like Show Ramsay more than Book Ramsay. In the books, Ramsay is an unrestrained monster. In the show, he can threaten some horrific torture and laugh while he does it.

He's scene with Theon was:

"So something happened that wasn't your fault at all and you told me about it. I could flay your hand or cut off another finger. But today, I won't"

With Myranda it was:

"I'm jealous"

"I don't care"

"I'll try to make you jealous"

"You aren't worth anything. Oh, keep bothering me and I'll feed you to the dogs like I did to your friend last season. Also, you aren't allowed to break up with me, because I'll feed you to the dogs - alive, of course. And know I'm going to fuck you"

And both Myranda and Theon know he can fulfill those threats anytime, and that he'll enjoy doing so.

Clearly, it was a bad joke but I think it was supposed to be.

On the one hand, it wasn't exactly uncharacteristic of Ramsay to make such a joke. It fits his personality.

On the other hand, it is arguable that it didn't need to be written, since it isn't particularly funny and didn't add anything interesting to the scene or the Ramsay/Roose relationship.

Give me the exact quotes please, so we can compare.

Exact quotes of all the fat jokes in the books? I don't have enough time, just look at almost every chapter involving Illyrio, Manderly or Sam

I didn't mind the joke too much. It was funny just because of how out of line Ramsay was in saying it to Roose. Now chances are that in one of the next episodes that Darth Sansa will try to manipulate Ramsay into doing something about the baby Roose will make him rue. A creepy motivational speech isn't enough pay off for introducing the pregnancy. But you never know with D&D they could have been just hungry for a fat joke.

He was talking about her hoo-ha.It was pretty obvious.

Another wasting of precious screen time in my opinion.They could have done something a bit more constructive then spend that time on a fat joke .

You really don't have to hate on everything the show does.... It wasted like what, 10 seconds of screen time? Better waste it on jokes than people traveling or pointless sex scenes. Honestly I thought it was funny and a really nice addition to the episode, in fact the best part of the episode

Archived