The Farseer Trilogy

thenorthremembers74

Hidden Content

it's a bit confusing as it felt like he was a wolf for a long time but like others say wolf time is pretty much "now" and "then". I think it can only have been a few days because of decomposition. Cold ground may have bought him a little longer but there's actually frost would also destroy his body.

It only dawned on me yesterday that the character "will" is another name/characteristic example

I was sprt of enjoying the idea that there was a villain called "Will" but now it makes more sense

Wow. All these years, and I never made that connection with the name :lol:

I'm well into Royal Assassin, now. Fitz's social position is ..... curious. Partly a servant, and partly a member of the royal family. Top dog and underdog at the same time.

I'm well into Royal Assassin, now. Fitz's social position is ..... curious. Partly a servant, and partly a member of the royal family. Top dog and underdog at the same time.

But he manages to make it sound like he couldn't be in a worse position. There's some point to his complaints in the sense a mere peasant may have less restrictions - although I think that's him being naive of how others live too.

He was a child under 5 or so years old at the time - he probably was happier because he was not aware of all the problems in the world yet. And he probably idealises that time also because he cannot remember it.

Apparently I was the only one who realised Will was a characteristic name? :eek:

That, and he was probably a lot happier before his mother's family kicked him out and sent him to Buckkeep.

I'm sure this will be revealed in the books at some point but having no recollection of your life before the age of 6 doesn't usually tie in with happy experiences. of course i could speculate

that he was skilled and forgot the joyous life he had at that time for some as yet unknown purpose eg sparing his mother's identity

He was a child under 5 or so years old at the time - he probably was happier because he was not aware of all the problems in the world yet. And he probably idealises that time also because he cannot remember it.

Apparently I was the only one who realised Will was a characteristic name? :eek:

It took me half a book/a week but Will is an easy to disguise one given it's common usage. Most of the others stand out. I guess someone could be called Job, Sue, Max. Mark. Page, Don, Sally and the one I'm really looking forward to - Dick. I'm guessing the last isn't a popular name in this series. Maybe it's Regal's middle name?

After Will, I've been paying more attention to the names eg Starling.

I'm now within 150 pages of finishing Assassin's Quest.  Many thanks for recommending this trilogy/

Not entirely sure where I am (listening to the audiobook) but it's either a very long book or the pacing is such that it still doesn't seem to have started

Fitz and co are just leaving jianpay
. I'm still enjoying everything though so I'll second whoever it was on another thread that made a rec to give this series an overdue look.

I still intend to take a break before starting the liveship series though.

Not entirely sure where I am (listening to the audiobook) but it's either a very long book or the pacing is such that it still doesn't seem to have started

Hidden Content

. I'm still enjoying everything though so I'll second whoever it was on another thread that made a rec to give this series an overdue look.

I still intend to take a break before starting the liveship series though.

You're about 280 pages from the end.

I agree about liveships.  By the end of the trilogy, I'll have read 1,800 pages, which is a lot from one author.

You're about 280 pages from the end.

I agree about liveships.  By the end of the trilogy, I'll have read 1,800 pages, which is a lot from one author.

The books clearly get a lot longer whith each installment when the final book is half the total page count. At least it means there's still time for a lot to go down.

The books clearly get a lot longer whith each installment when the final book is half the total page count. At least it means there's still time for a lot to go down.

So, I've finished, and would like to thank Helaena ex machina again for recommending such a good story. I'd give it 4-4.5 out of 5.

Definitely a bittersweet ending, although not a bleak ending like The First Law.

the Six Duchies are saved, but:-

Verity has to forfeit his humanity.

Kettricken rules for her son, but loses her husband.

Fitz lives for years in self-imposed exile, and loses Molly, Chade, and Burrich.

The Fool can't cope with being a hero, and disappears.

I loved Fitz's revenge on Regal. Much better than just killing him.

Archived