[book+show spoilets] Jon and Sansa

Personally, I'm in the camp that we don't see his reaction to Sansa, because Ollie is going to be the Brutis to Jon's Caesar, if you know what I mean, at hard home. They'll probably skip the pink letter.

Spookily, before I read your post I had just thought about the request from the Nights Watch. I wonder if it will be discussed in front of Sansa. She finds out about Jon becoming Lord Commander, I wonder if that is how she will find out in the show. I would presume the Bolton's know who he is. Ramsey won't give up an opportunity to taunt her.

But would he really do that? I'd figure the Bolton's wouldn't want Sansa to know that Jon was the LC at the Wall. Because then, if she knew that, she'd have reason to try and sneak a letter out to him. Obviously she couldn't give it to anyone, so I guess sending it by raven would be the only option. Does WF still receive letters by raven or did Theon kill them all?

Well we don't know what D & D are going to do, they have an outline and GRRM info and per GRRM works the Starks do marry first cousins and since Sansa and Jon are the most distant emotion wise it could happen.

Just putting it out there since GRRM and OP brought it up.

Yup, I get the Arya/Jon is a much stronger possibility, but if you think about it, most cousins who are close and grew up together almost always find it disgusting to think of each other romantically. It's pretty weird, but back then I had a crush on my cousin that I grew up with, but, like Jon and Sansa, we're pretty distant, we rarely talk despite living in the same house XD. But I never had a crush on my other cousin(his brother) that I always played with and are still close with up to this day.

EDIT: Not implying this is what will happen to Jon/Sansa/Arya tho.

I can make connections between my cat and Shitmouth. Doesn't mean they actually mean anything. And anyway, so what if you can take quotes out of context to make a connection between two characters? Why do you consider the connections between Jon and Sansa more relevant and important than those between Jon and Dany? Or Jon and Jaime, Dany and Cersei, Jon and Arya, Arya and Sansa, etc? And as already stated, the connections mentioned in that meta are extremely poor. Dany has symbolism involving being given pomegranates too, jsyk. And it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever timeline wise to assume that the ghost wolf Sansa 'heard' had anything to do with Jon's stabbing. Catelyn also thinks the wind sounds like a wolf during her ascent up the Eyrie btw, but we're not going to use it to make Sansa/Cat parallels are we? And I think the most recent chapter proves the idea that Sansa subconsciously modeling Alayne after Jon is false. I'm not sure if Sansa thinks of Jon as bastard brave anyway considering she's shown to feel sorry for him twice. But when it comes to Alayne not knowing whether to dance, I don't know why the immediate assumption is to say it's because Jon hates dancing when we have Reek have a similar moment of a former dancer worrying about whether to dance or not in ADWD.

See? It's very easy to debunk the 'connections' in that essay, not to mention invoke more relevant parallels between other characters instead of trying to force them between Jon and Sansa. (But seriously, connections and parallels are the worst justifications for a ship).

lol you'd think by that measure they might as well ship Sansa with Bran. He's a dreamer who wanted to be a knight and had those dreams destroyed! And he wanted to turn into a wolf and save her and Arya and defended her when Robb was being mean. That's definitely better than anything Jon's done for her in five books thus far.

Why do you think the writer of the essay means to 'ship' Jon and Sansa? He/She didn't exactly say they're going to end up or anything. Maybe the person's just trying to point out that Sansa and Jon does have atleast a bit of love for each other because many people seem to think otherwise.

Which is true. Sansa misses Jon, Jon got angry when the character(forgot who it is) called Sansa "Lady Lannister." and a few other hints and thoughts.

But would he really do that? I'd figure the Bolton's wouldn't want Sansa to know that Jon was the LC at the Wall. Because then, if she knew that, she'd have reason to try and sneak a letter out to him. Obviously she couldn't give it to anyone, so I guess sending it by raven would be the only option. Does WF still receive letters by raven or did Theon kill them all?

My thinking was that when she finds out, she gets desperate and sends a letter to Jon telling him what is happening to her and asks for his help. It isn't the pink letter, but a personal plea would have a bigger impact on Jon. Remember, as far as Jon is concerned, if she uses her needle to stick em with the pointy end, it isn't going to do much.

"This won't happen, but I would find it kind of interesting and poetic if Ramsay rides out and decides to step into the woods to relieve himself, only to be surrounded by Ghost, Summer, and Nymeria. Game over. Bran could have seen much through the heart tree and sent them to Ramsay. Hey D&D can make anything happen, why not. Again I know it WONT happen, but.... "

Delicious........

I don't think there is any doubt he is going to find out somehow. Remember, Theon told Roose and Ramsay last season that Jon Snow is at the Wall. It's part of the reason Roose sends Locke to Castle Black, to see if Jon is sheltering Bran and Rickon. Stannis told Jon plenty of times this season Roose and Ramsay are at Winterfell and the letter Jon sent as well. I don't view this as coincidental storytelling. They have setup and established that both sides know of the other and their whereabouts as well.

As for how it goes down, I don't know. There are a number of options. Ramsay can send a taunting letter or it might be Sansa herself. I could see a scenario though where Jon rescues thousands of Wildlings from being killed at Hardhome and then in their gratitude pledge their support to follow him to Winterfell. I'm especially intrigued now by the knowledge that Jon will be in episode 9. It allows more of a chance to do this and not make it seemed like a rushed plot. He can get the letter in episode 9 and spend time thinking it over while Tormund whips up support to follow him, so it's not like some instant Wildling decision to follow him, which would seem rushed an off. Then episode 10 he makes the decision to go when everything goes down. It's different than the books, but the end result the same.

I don't think there is any doubt he is going to find out somehow. Remember, Theon told Roose and Ramsay last season that Jon Snow is at the Wall. It's part of the reason Roose sends Locke to Castle Black, to see if Jon is sheltering Bran and Rickon. Stannis told Jon plenty of times this season Roose and Ramsay are at Winterfell and the letter Jon sent as well. I don't view this as coincidental storytelling. They have setup and established that both sides know of the other and their whereabouts as well.

As for how it goes down, I don't know. There are a number of options. Ramsay can send a taunting letter or it might be Sansa herself. I could see a scenario though where Jon rescues thousands of Wildlings from being killed at Hardhome and then in their gratitude pledge their support to follow him to Winterfell. I'm especially intrigued now by the knowledge that Jon will be in episode 9. It allows more of a chance to do this and not make it seemed like a rushed plot. He can get the letter in episode 9 and spend time thinking it over while Tormund whips up support to follow him, so it's not like some instant Wildling decision to follow him, which would seem rushed an off. Then episode 10 he makes the decision to go when everything goes down. It's different than the books, but the end result the same.

It could go either way NW vs Widlings or some form of PL.Hint ans clues are there even in the show so it's not out of nowhere.

Who is Val? Another throwaway who is going to die in tWoW? Or maybe they combined her with Tormund. (/sarc)

Ygritte, Mel, Sansa. Three is a magic number.

jon likes free independent women though

Which is true. Sansa misses Jon, Jon got angry when the character(forgot who it is) called Sansa "Lady Lannister." and a few other hints and thoughts.

when did he get angry? And what are the other hints?

Archived